The God Delusion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 07:31 PM
RE: The God Delusion
No thanks; I'm not fond of second hand catalogs. Never know where those have been...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Smart choice Wink

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

12-01-2013, 03:35 AM
I haven't had the chance to read it, as I got a copy of the audio book and was very pleased to find that it was read by Dawkin's himself and his wife Lalla Ward.

Not everything stuck the first, second, or even third times I listened to it (because I like to do other things while I'm listening to them). But it eventually stuck for the most part, and I greatly enjoyed listening to it multiple times after that.

Maybe it has something to do with their accents. They may not seem terribly special to those inside the UK, but growing up here in the States, I just really find their two speaking voices very enthralling.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2013, 12:07 PM
(08-01-2013 04:28 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Fantastic book, but Dawkins tends to off-tangent rant a bit, not to mention he tends to really lay out a giant bit of a story before he starts working towards a point. I think for some that may be difficult to read. Hitchens tends to do it as well, although not nearly as bad. You might find "god is not Great" an easier read if you haven't already read it. Although I'll warn you, there may be things you didn't know prior that it brings to light that make your blood boil.

True enough, and I have the audio book version of 'God is Not Great' as well, and it is also read by Christopher Hitchens. Just like Dawkins, I really just like his speaking voice, and he really gets into the reading of his book. It's like a listening to an 8 hour long Hitchens debate, with no William Lane Craig to spoil the moment!

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]