"The God Test"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: "The God Test"
When I compare my ability to think rationally and use tools, I do think that human beings, as a whole, are quite special. When you understand how our evolution took place over such a long period of time, it does seem quite remarkable and amazing.

When I compare people who don't think rationally to other animals and plants, I have to wonder if they are more animal or more plant.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
20-11-2015, 01:11 PM
When it always comes down to these "tests" "challenges" or lists of questions.. I'm always left sitting, okay then what? And there is never a response or a next step.

It's not like the person with the idea is just seeking information on people, there's this desire and agenda behind it but it never has anywhere to form up.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
20-11-2015, 03:06 PM
(19-11-2015 08:53 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  

Funny, the two girls are all bubbly and giddy at first but when they find out the guy videotaping them doesn't believe in god their demeanor kinda changes. Yeah sure, they're saying "oh, no problem" but you can tell that down deep they're thinking...."this guy is going straight to hell".

Someone should put cartoon bubbles over the two girls head and type in what they're probably truly thinking with every response the guy gives. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-11-2015, 03:25 PM
"The God Test"
I have to admit that I'm not convinced they're not trying to convert anyone. That's mostly because the questions sound loaded.

On the up side, their banner does have panels for The God Delusion and an evolution type image.
20-11-2015, 03:27 PM

1. Do you believe in God? No. Mostly because I don't know what a God really is. I've been told what god's could be. But the power's, ability's and thoughts change for every person.
  2. What are the main reasons you don't believe in God? As stated before. What is a god? I've been told it a Man with a Halo. I've been told it's a giant invisible energy. I've been told it is love. I've been told it's really tiny and manipulates atoms. I have no clear answer for what people define as a god.
  3. Do you find any ultimate purpose or meaning in the universe? I'm a stepping stone. Like our ancestors before us.
  4. How do you account for the laws of nature? Like what; Gravity? E=MC2
  5. Does evil exist? What like Psychopaths? Psychopaths exist. Most other things are self defined. Eating cows is seen as an evil action in most Hindu cultures But the US doesn't think twice about it.
  6. What is the basis of your morality? My culture, the people i live around influence me. If I lived in a small canniable tribe they would depict what I would see as right and wrong.
  7. Do you think human life is special compared to animal or plant life? Special how? I see us a maybe more intelligent, but I can't run as fast as a cheetah. I can't jump as high as a flee. I can't fly with out some sort of mechanical assistance. Everything is special. It just matters what that special thing is.
  8. How certain are you that God does not exist? 6.5 on the Dawkins scale.
  9. Have you ever explored what the Bible says about these questions? Yes. I find it lacking. You can get more out of an Aesop fable.
  10. May I pray for you? It's your time, not mine. While your praying i'm going to find something to do.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
21-11-2015, 11:19 PM
"I'm sorry, I left the stove on and my mother is calling my cat that just died." *leaves*

"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments." - Christopher Hitchens

Check out my blog here
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenius's post