"The God Warrior"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2011, 01:29 AM
RE: "The God Warrior"
(24-02-2011 10:09 PM)NewScotlandBlues Wrote:  But then again I feel kinda bad for laughing because I heard her daughter died in a car crash a few months after this Undecided .

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I found out it was a case of vehicular suicide. If I had a mother like that, I am positive I would have killed myself when I was a teenager.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2011, 02:17 AM

(25-02-2011 01:29 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(24-02-2011 10:09 PM)NewScotlandBlues Wrote:  But then again I feel kinda bad for laughing because I heard her daughter died in a car crash a few months after this Undecided .

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I found out it was a case of vehicular suicide. If I had a mother like that, I am positive I would have killed myself when I was a teenager.

I hear that she hit a guardrail, and was ejected from her car. What makes it more sad is that she left behind her own 8 year old daughter
(25-02-2011 01:25 AM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  I've been without a tv for 3 years... wtf was that?

A crazy southern women named Margaret Perrin. She was on the show 'Trading Spouses' and the family she went too wasn't religious. I highly recommend you watch the entire episode. I'm pretty sure you can find the parts of the episode listed as suggestion for the video I showed.
(24-02-2011 11:44 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  You're fine don't worry =p

Sorry if my response worried you a bit I just really had never seen that. If my comments ever make you wonder just realize I'm normally half serious anyway. =p

It's too bad about the daughter, but you're fine to enjoy watching someone be fanatical and find it entertaining. Everyone has their own little things they enjoy. I just look too much at the family that she's in and what they deal with.

The first step to confidence is to conquer shame, if something you state makes you feel bad later don't take it down (unless it's really not your opinion). In this way you are stating, I'm a bit embarassed about this but I still did it. Be proud of your achievements and your failures, both of them are what makes you yourself.

Yeah well comments like the one I made are a result of a bruised self esteem and anxiety problems (especially when it comes to what other people think about me) like I've said before whenever I think I've upset or offended someone I have these mini panic attacks and then start trying to franticly apologize. You're right though I do need to overcome my confidence problems :/
Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2011, 06:50 AM

The fact that her daughter died [afterward] is no excuse for her underlying behavior. On the other hand, there was this nice lady at my work and her teenage son died in a car accident (he was passenger, driver was drinking) she became heavy into god after that, which I can accept.
Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Speaking of dark sides.....
She is so afraid of everyone who doesn't believe what she does.

Fear leads to anger , anger leads to hate , hate leads to suffering.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
25-02-2011, 03:57 PM
(25-02-2011 02:17 AM)NewScotlandBlues Wrote:  Yeah well comments like the one I made are a result of a bruised self esteem and anxiety problems (especially when it comes to what other people think about me) like I've said before whenever I think I've upset or offended someone I have these mini panic attacks and then start trying to franticly apologize. You're right though I do need to overcome my confidence problems :/

Yes. Overcoming those fears would make you a much stronger person. Feeling guilt and anxiety are weaknesses that others can take advantage of. Christian religion is very good at making people feel guilty and taking advantage. That is why they are so powerful.

When people feel upset, it is usually either their own weakness showing through or they are acting hurt to take advantage of someone.

Very successful people usually don't care what others think. They realize that what someone else thinks is none of their business. It is only the business of the person who thinks it. Everbody has opinions and most opinions are wrong, so forget about them and do what you want to do.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
27-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I watched a few minutes of the video and turned it off.

Just a thought on her behavior: while I'm sure she is batshit crazy I suspect that her reaction was somewhat "made for TV". A lot of these "reality" TV shows are anything but, and a lot of it is staged. So, it may very well be that she was directed to have that level of hissyfit.

Either way, I can't believe anyone would be interested in watching someone like that, but I don't get reality TV in general, so I'm probably the wrong person to comment.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Let's see. You bring a camera crew and a bunch of stage lights into someone's house, follow them around with cameras recording everything they do and then believe that they are acting naturally. Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure. Over.