The God of Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 05:25 AM
RE: The God of Satanism
(01-09-2015 01:07 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 05:30 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Cannot free itself from the stigma of being associated with "God's rival."

I don't think they view that stigma in a negative light. They seem to practically revel in the negative effect it has on Theists. They also don't seem to mind the negative PR because they consider anyone who can't get past the stigma as not being worth the time anyway. They are the only religion I know of that is completely uninterested in obtaining new members. They assume if it's for you, you'll just join, and they won't have to worry about you.

I'd likely be more interested if not for devising my own religion about my Gwynnies. If I every get around to formalizing the theology, I'm sure I'll be picking Satanism's back pocket. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-09-2015, 06:38 AM
I dabbled in Satanism in high school, not out of an educated decision, but rather as an act of rebellion. I think it has some merit when it comes to self-empowerment and systematizing the philosophical conclusions that naturally emerge from an atheistic perspective, but where it goes wrong is it's lack of impact on proliferating reason. It tends to instantaneously polarize others by its symbolic exclusion rather than create a dialogue through which progress can be obtained. I know this isn't the goal of Satanism so why should they care about that? But when you step back from thinking about the impact on the individual to thinking about the impact on society as a whole, there is every reason to want to bridge that gap, so that religion can begin to release it's hold on global progress.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
01-09-2015, 07:03 AM
(01-09-2015 01:11 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 05:37 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  I can't say that I'm well versed in Satanism by any means, but I did dabble in a bit of background research during my uncoupling from Mormonism.

I found it to be an interesting philosophy, and I definitely find their public representatives to be well versed in theological debates. The fox news segments involving the current head of the church make for some priceless YouTube footage.

With that said, I don't find exploring other philosophical leanings to be a bad thing whatsoever. In the end, we're all a hodge podge of collected lifetime philosophies (religious, nonreligious, etc).

I am gonna have to check out those interviews on youtube. Sounds like a riot.

Good to hear from another former Mormon. Glad you made it out. No offense to the great guys and gals who post here, but most people just don't get it when it comes to the experience of Mormonism. I just can't make it sound freaky enough to do it justice. Nice to know that somebody else gets it.
With the reemergence of a certain...... we'll go with *special* type of Mormon on the forum, in the form of Arm Leg Leg Arm, others here have been able to get a firmer grasp of LDS lunacy. GWG does a fantastic job of supplying the facts through laborious research. I myself go off personal experience and my knowledge base during time spent in leadership roles. Both approaches are beneficial, so the crazy can be seen from multiple angles/perspectives.
[+] 2 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
01-09-2015, 08:40 AM
I had a friend recommend I read the Satanic bible so I took him up on it and read it earliest this year. I could agree with most of the philosophy but when I got to the rituals and magic I couldn't wrap my head around it and it got to religious for me. It just starts feeding to a part of the brain that isn't necessary and if you need rituals then you don't have enough hobbies. I don't have the time for useless rituals there's other things I'd rather do.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like OceanTherapist's post
01-09-2015, 08:44 AM
(01-09-2015 08:40 AM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  I could agree with most of the philosophy but when I got to the rituals and magic I couldn't wrap my head around it and it got to religious for me.

I thought you left. What's up with that name, anyway?

living word
01-09-2015, 09:51 AM
(01-09-2015 08:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 08:40 AM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  I could agree with most of the philosophy but when I got to the rituals and magic I couldn't wrap my head around it and it got to religious for me.

I thought you left. What's up with that name, anyway?

I'm still hanging around occasionally doing a hit and run. I asked someone, I can't remember who, if I could change the name since it seems to be upsetting to others but never heard back. The name just had a double meaning. Was never meant to offend.
[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post
01-09-2015, 09:55 AM
(01-09-2015 09:51 AM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 08:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I thought you left. What's up with that name, anyway?

I'm still hanging around occasionally doing a hit and run. I asked someone, I can't remember who, if I could change the name since it seems to be upsetting to others but never heard back. The name just had a double meaning. Was never meant to offend.

I reported yer post. Let's see if that helps. Wink

living word
01-09-2015, 10:31 AM
(01-09-2015 09:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 09:51 AM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  I'm still hanging around occasionally doing a hit and run. I asked someone, I can't remember who, if I could change the name since it seems to be upsetting to others but never heard back. The name just had a double meaning. Was never meant to offend.

I reported yer post. Let's see if that helps. Wink

That might get their attention.
01-09-2015, 10:33 AM
(01-09-2015 10:31 AM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 09:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I reported yer post. Let's see if that helps. Wink

That might get their attention.

I'm so helpful! Big Grin

living word
01-09-2015, 12:41 PM
And then there's this guy . . . Laugh out load

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 3 users Like Octapulse's post