The God of Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: The God of Satanism
(01-09-2015 12:41 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  And then there's this guy . . . Laugh out load

[Image: ofr5ZxR.png]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Heh, "The Satanic Temple of Detroit".

Also known as "The City of Detroit".

(Edit to Add: That guy's no weirder than most of the Christian evangelists I've seen, to be honest.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-09-2015, 03:21 AM
[Image: yb4dw84o7ip9h4mrzks7.jpg]

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
02-09-2015, 03:34 AM
(01-09-2015 12:41 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  And then there's this guy . . . Laugh out load
So Satanists are bunch of weirdos devoid of real lives and obsessed with poetry about the devil? How's this any different to Jesus freaks?
02-09-2015, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 03:51 AM by Octapulse.)
(02-09-2015 03:34 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
So Satanists are bunch of weirdos devoid of real lives and obsessed with poetry about the devil? How's this any different to Jesus freaks?

Actually, I did a bit of digging and discovered this guy is just an actor and most likely not a satanist

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0101453/?ref_=m_tt_cl_i1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Bowser

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
02-09-2015, 03:53 AM
(31-08-2015 05:30 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Cannot free itself from the stigma of being associated with "God's rival."

That could be the point. In the same way that gay people have reclaimed the word "queer" and black people have reclaimed the word "nigger", Satanism could be seen as a way of reclaiming the concepts that people have been conditioned to be fearful of. It's a step further than atheism in that not only are you comfortable enough concluding that there is no god, but that you are also confident enough in your conclusions to publicly fight against society's conditioning.

Or to put it another way. We all know that there isn't a god, but knowing that and signing a form saying that you will worship Satan even though you know that it's just a piece of paper with ink on it, are two different things. The former satisfies the intellectual and cognitive aspect of our brain. The latter brings up fears instilled into us from childhood which can be very strong.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
02-09-2015, 06:10 AM
(31-08-2015 03:13 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  ...
their Halloween style psychodrama rituals.

Do you get to sacrifice virgins?

Blink

Count me in!

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-09-2015, 02:41 PM
(02-09-2015 03:34 AM)Stevil Wrote:  So Satanists are bunch of weirdos devoid of real lives and obsessed with poetry about the devil? How's this any different to Jesus freaks?

For starters not all Satanists are bonkers. At the time I was first reading the Satanic Bible I learned that someone I knew closely was in fact a Satanist. He looked and talked like everybody else I knew, just with a little more eloquence than most. He's married and works a retail job. Normal guy.

Satanism isn't for people devoid of real lives. It's a tool that reminds you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, take advantage of the limited time you have here on earth, and be honest about what you really want in your life.

The main difference between Satanists and hardcore Christians is that Satanists are essentially Atheists who, if they engage in their optional rituals at all, do so with a full understanding that magic isn't real. For many of them, it is about theater and celebrating their values with like minded people. For others, more of a psychological tool designed to harm and intimidate those who actually do believe in magic. Either way, or otherwise, their eyes are wide open and they don't engage in hypocritical self deceit like so many theists do.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
02-09-2015, 02:44 PM
(02-09-2015 03:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Or to put it another way. We all know that there isn't a god, but knowing that and signing a form saying that you will worship Satan even though you know that it's just a piece of paper with ink on it, are two different things. The former satisfies the intellectual and cognitive aspect of our brain. The latter brings up fears instilled into us from childhood which can be very strong.

Spot on except for the fact that Satanists don't "worship" anything except maybe themselves. They look down on those who do as inferior "Devil Worshipers". The current Black Pope, Peter H. Gilmore was quoted a few years ago as saying "Satan doesn't require worship, only study."

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
02-09-2015, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 06:56 PM by Dark Phoenix.)
(02-09-2015 06:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Do you get to sacrifice virgins?

Blink

Count me in!

Thumbsup

Sacrificing living things is completely unassociated with Satanism. There is even an extensive portion of the Satanic Bible that forbids it directly, and then discusses our relationship to one another and the animal kingdom. Since Satanism focuses on our carnal or animal needs, they feel akin especially to other human animals as well as wild animals or pets. Sacrifice is completely contrary to their world view.

I know you were joking, but it's worth pointing out.

No worries. You could just have sex with a virgin during a ritual instead. Several of the rituals I have read about involved masturbation or sex with a beautiful woman on an altar as part of the event. Many Satanic altars are actually carved in the shape of a beautiful nude woman.

-Karl Marx