The God's Sun- Reason for Jesus.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: The God's Sun- Reason for Jesus.
(13-05-2014 03:11 PM)OFTwify Wrote:  I live in Rural Oklahoma, I have mainly friends from high school and family. I get dozens of religious posts daily on my wall so yes I checked my friends list for a number before I posted since I knew they would be too "polite" to say anything to me about it. Mainly out of curiosity.

I see. I guess I just haven't been that curious yet about my own friends. Though, a lot of mine are college friends and they're much more liberal than my family Facebook friends so I get a nice balance of posts. Thumbsup

(14-05-2014 05:51 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Some browser extensions and other tools keep track of this kind of information, for example fb purity[1] will tell you who has left whenever someone defriends you. My wife makes use of it.

[1] http://www.fbpurity.com/

Interesting Consider had no idea this was a thing.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2014, 08:50 AM
(14-05-2014 06:32 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 09:17 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Oh hate to be a party pooper, but this video was taken from zeitgeist, which from what I have read, is mostly bullshit. Stuff about houris is fairly accurate though.

I'm not familiar with it. What is inaccurate about it?

http://lippard.blogspot.com/2008/06/zeit...movie.html

http://webskeptic.wikidot.com/zeitgeist

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/a...zeitgeist/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Most of the best stuff refuting zietgiest, in particular its claims about ancient myths and jesus, actually comes from apologetics. I find it so ironic because the people who run websites like "the ziegeist challenge" do such a great job and utterly dismantling the movie and pointing out every little inconsitency and logical fallacy they and the people associated with the movie make every time it is spoken about. It has all the venom and dedication of a skeptic. And then you look at the other channels in their video and its garbage.

Case and point, this guy operates the ziegiest challenge website, entirely devoted to debunking the its jesus claims, in particular

http://zeitgeistchallenge.com/

The youtube user VersebyVerseBT posted this great video completely destroying these guys with all the vigor of a skeptic

I flipped though his channel out of curiosity. Most of it is devoted to debunking; in particular the ziegiest movie and claims of ancient aliens and other nonsense. Great stuff too, very well done and reasoned.

And he also uploaded this garbage

Consider Dodgy Facepalm No
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
14-05-2014, 11:27 AM
The story line of the son avenging his father's death is simply an astrological story. Horus is the hunter which is the constellation of Orion which moves across the night sky and has a huge Cross on its back, at the top of which is Jupiter. Have a look at the night sky some time. Horus in Egyptian mythology has the Moon for his left eye and loses it but has it replaced. That is the waning and waxing of the Moon.

The Horus story of revenge is repeated in many other stories including Hamlet and the US TV series, Revenge, except with a female protagonist. That is all that is going on in comparing the Jesus story to Horus. It is just a story line which was familiar which was used to seduce pagans into following the religion.
14-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Thank you all. I'm new to all this and I do get carried away. Thank you for the fact checking Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_mbi9tvVVZh1rzbj5mo1_r1_500.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OFTwify's post
15-06-2014, 03:59 AM
(14-06-2014 07:47 PM)OFTwify Wrote:  Thank you all. I'm new to all this and I do get carried away. Thank you for the fact checking Big Grin

Carried away, he says. He thinks this is getting carried away.

We need to show this guy how to truly get carried away sometime. Tongue

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
16-06-2014, 01:31 AM
(15-06-2014 03:59 AM)Charis Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 07:47 PM)OFTwify Wrote:  Thank you all. I'm new to all this and I do get carried away. Thank you for the fact checking Big Grin

Carried away, he says. He thinks this is getting carried away.

We need to show this guy how to truly get carried away sometime. Tongue

Hmmm... if it was anyone else... but when you say it... Why it's enough to make one want to extract cube roots... Tongue *That*'s what I call getting carried away Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.