The Golden Calf and Bible Bull(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2012, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 10:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The Golden Calf and Bible Bull(s)
(13-11-2012 07:56 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 12:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sorry if this comes as a shock to you asshole. YOU do not think or make decisions for anyone other than your ignorant self. If YOU are not interested in something, then don't fucking read it. NO ONE FORCED you to read anything.

Newsflash #1 : Not everyone is interested in the same things.
Newsflash #2 : Not everyone is interested in that which interests you.
Newsflash #3 : YOU do not dictate anything here.
Newsflash #4 : Many people ARE interested in the history of what WAS important in this culture, and still is.

How old are you. Like 5 ?
Your anti-intellectualism is pathetic, but very common. Many of my threads have literally tens of thousands of hits, proving at least a few are interested in them. How many hits do your posts get for the threads you have started ? I have the data for mine. Care to compare them ?

In short, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Wow. Bit of an over-reaction there.

Yeah, I found the text just a bit too long. You had my interest, and then it waned. I kept finding myself disagreeing with you. For example, why should we believe that Moses either didn't actually smash the tablets or was a fool? It sounds like a false dichotomy. The text makes it clear that he did it in anger (as a tantrum). After reading this bit you wrote towards Janus, can you seriously not sympathize with Moses? Or do you believe that only fools lose their composure?
Ah yes. More unsolicited advice from Starcrash, the wise patronizing adviser to anyone who happens to cross his path. I could care less how you found it. I write for guests, who find my post by internet searches. The one on Islam has 10,000 hits. If you don't like it, don't read it. Moses never existed. Of course the text says he did it in anger, how else would they portray it happening. The point is, he DID it at all. BTW, I did not "lose my composure". Every word I wrote, I wrote quite coolly, and would do exactly the same thing, anytime, to anyone who thinks they can thell me what to post or not post. But thanks dad. When I need advice, I'll be sure and ask.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Well, I was going to save this one, but now I think it's time:

[Image: 2011-08-03-madaboutsomething.jpg]

EDIT: Not directed at any one person, but it's a lesson we could all use, and it's done humourously.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Near's post
14-11-2012, 06:30 AM
(13-11-2012 08:46 PM)Near Wrote:  EDIT: Not directed at any one person, but it's a lesson we could all use, and it's done humourously.

NO YOUR WRONG!

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-11-2012, 09:45 PM
(14-11-2012 06:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 08:46 PM)Near Wrote:  EDIT: Not directed at any one person, but it's a lesson we could all use, and it's done humourously.

NO YOUR WRONG!
You are the one that is wrong dear sir! Tongue

Contribute to the Community Resource!
14-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Hey Bucky, how often did the average first century Jewish peasant, let's say in Galilee, get to have the scripture read (or sung?) to him? In a synagogue? Could they quote scripture?
14-11-2012, 10:30 PM
(14-11-2012 10:19 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Bucky, how often did the average first century Jewish peasant, let's say in Galilee, get to have the scripture read (or sung?) to him? In a synagogue? Could they quote scripture?

Question is: can Bucky? Big Grin
15-11-2012, 12:58 PM
(13-11-2012 08:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 07:56 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Wow. Bit of an over-reaction there.

Yeah, I found the text just a bit too long. You had my interest, and then it waned. I kept finding myself disagreeing with you. For example, why should we believe that Moses either didn't actually smash the tablets or was a fool? It sounds like a false dichotomy. The text makes it clear that he did it in anger (as a tantrum). After reading this bit you wrote towards Janus, can you seriously not sympathize with Moses? Or do you believe that only fools lose their composure?
Ah yes. More unsolicited advice from Starcrash, the wise patronizing adviser to anyone who happens to cross his path. I could care less how you found it. I write for guests, who find my post by internet searches. The one on Islam has 10,000 hits. If you don't like it, don't read it. Moses never existed. Of course the text says he did it in anger, how else would they portray it happening. The point is, he DID it at all. BTW, I did not "lose my composure". Every word I wrote, I wrote quite coolly, and would do exactly the same thing, anytime, to anyone who thinks they can thell me what to post or not post. But thanks dad. When I need advice, I'll be sure and ask.
Yet another appeal to popularity in an attempt to bolster yourself as an authority, and then another repetition of the hypocritical idea that advice should only come from those you ask for it (hypocritical because your reply is, as most posts are, advice).

Look at this way... if you would not approve of someone else doing something that you're doing, then you've set up a double-standard. If you defend that double-standard, you're rationalizing and self-justifying. But I've come to expect this of you. I like the fact that you study, but I wish you'd put the effort into learning rational behavior. I strongly suggest the book Mistakes Were Made, But Not By Me. Or maybe you don't care for my advice and recommendations, in which case, why should I give a shit about yours?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
15-11-2012, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 03:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
edit : 0

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Hey, look what else came from the Temple of Dagon.
Looks like the bishops wear open fish mouths straight from Babylon.
http://babylon-the-great.xanga.com/718289665/item/

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-11-2012, 05:27 AM
(24-11-2012 03:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hey, look what else came from the Temple of Dagon.
Looks like the bishops wear open fish mouths straight from Babylon.
http://babylon-the-great.xanga.com/718289665/item/
Thanks for this Big Grin