The Good News Club

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2013, 10:36 PM
The Good News Club
Our teen son came home and mentioned hearing about "the good news club" at the elementary school near his high school. This is a public school and if the Good News Club is really camping out here, what should we do?
I've listened to Seth's podcast about 'get them while they're young' and followed up with http://www.thegoodnewsclub.com/ website. I've watched the video Sofia Investigates The Good News Club http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aISnyA6k5Io but I am worried that because of the 2000 (?) court decision to allow them access to public school under the Free Speech concept, we will have no legal way to get them out.
Thoughts? Ideas?
Thank you all!
Ken4Reason
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 01:46 AM
RE: The Good News Club
Stealth assault? It's not really stealthy if we already know about it. Anyway. I must say I'm not surprised. I am disappointed though. I thought something called "The good news club" was going to be some kind of charity thingy involving breakfast or something.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
07-03-2013, 04:49 AM
If your worried I would approach the school and say that if they have the freedom to spread their bullshit then surely you have the freedom to request that your child does not take part.

If that isnt applicable then I would ask for the times and dates of when this is going to happen then my child would be "ill" on them days and I would treat the day going to museums or learning about other things.

If your child does take part in these "lessons" then when your child gets home I would ask exactly what was discussed, then I would explain to my child the reasons why it is bullshit.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-03-2013, 04:56 AM
It's interesting.

We will not give children alcohol and say "freedom of choice", yet it's perfectly okay to poison their minds with religious bs and call it "freedom of choice"?

And yes, it is comparable, religion can be so dangerous to society.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
07-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the link, Ken.

I'd not heard of this Child Abuse Fellowship before. It's truly horrifying.

Not sure what I would do in your shoes. Perhaps keep my children at home if someone was there to look after them.

Perhaps some of the older kids can infiltrate the group and sabotage from within?

What a fuck up by the Supreme Court!