The Good News Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2016, 09:40 AM
RE: The Good News Thread
Good news for the Republicans, trump still hasn't released his taxes to the public.

Good news for the School Voucher program. They'll be able to blur the lines between church and state even further.

Oh, and let's not forget all the fabulous and WOOOOOONDERFUL news for the far right Christians who want to bring Christianity into government on every level. Yippee-skippy! High fives all around the sacrament table.

Yeah, this is all good news.

And one more piece of good news, we get to say "fuck you Vosur". Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2016, 09:55 AM
(30-11-2016 09:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And one more piece of good news, we get to say "fuck you Vosur". Thumbsup
What's with the arbitrary animosity? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Good news for Republicans:

Nancy Pelosi was just re-elected as minority leader. Guess the democrats didn't learn their lesson.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
30-11-2016, 11:03 AM
(30-11-2016 09:55 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 09:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And one more piece of good news, we get to say "fuck you Vosur". Thumbsup
What's with the arbitrary animosity? Consider

The far right religious idiots are dancing the happy dance with the election of trump, his appointees and a possible Supreme Court nominee. If you're a Christian this is all good news. If you're an atheist and want the Constitutional separation of church and state to be clearly and specifically defined you're fucked, because the blurred line is going to get even fuzzier.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Donald Trump has finally convinced me that he isn't just another politiician. Despite the pandering to zealots, broken promises, and his swampland reclamation efforts, Trump has done the one thing that will set him apart from politicians: called into question the validity of his election. Facepalm Too incompetent to even be a politician.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
30-11-2016, 06:18 PM
(30-11-2016 05:34 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Donald Trump has finally convinced me that he isn't just another politiician. Despite the pandering to zealots, broken promises, and his swampland reclamation efforts, Trump has done the one thing that will set him apart from politicians: called into question the validity of his election. Facepalm Too incompetent to even be a politician.

Seriously. He's giving politicians a bad name.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
30-11-2016, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2016 06:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-11-2016 03:59 AM)Vosur Wrote:  There have* been plenty of bad news since the conclusion of this election cycle, so feel free to post some good ones you found here. I'll start.

"We are pleased to have reached a deal with President-elect Trump & VP-elect Pence to keep close to 1,000 jobs in Indy. More details soon."
https://twitter.com/Carrier/status/803764047300722688

NYT article: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/busine...in-us.html

*has been ...
Angel

Mr. T. continues to break at least one campaign promise every day, and now even has Kelly Ann Cuntway pissed off about Romney. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Good news for the future of a healthier population. The bloke who's responsible for half the adolescent obesity in the UK, the US, and Australia has died.

Jim Delligatti, inventor of the McDonald's Big Mac, dies at 98. Apparently Delligatti ascribed his longevity to never having eaten even one hamburger in his life. Last year he said "I've never liked putting synthetic foodstuffs or chemical cocktails in my mouth; I refuse to eat offal, and I buy real bread from local bakers". And "If I'm desperately hungry, I'll eat the Big Mac wrapping and its box as they have more fiber and nutritional value than the burger."

[Image: 1480540180516_1.jpg]

Mr "Hamburger Head"; The Man Who Used
His Own Head As A Model For The Big Mac

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
01-12-2016, 02:45 AM
(30-11-2016 07:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Last year he said "I've never liked putting synthetic foodstuffs or chemical cocktails in my mouth; I refuse to eat offal, and I buy real bread from local bakers". And "If I'm desperately hungry, I'll eat the Big Mac wrapping and its box as they have more fiber and nutritional value than the burger."

Laugh out load At least he's honest.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-12-2016, 03:11 AM
(30-11-2016 11:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The far right religious idiots are dancing the happy dance with the election of trump, his appointees and a possible Supreme Court nominee. If you're a Christian this is all good news. If you're an atheist and want the Constitutional separation of church and state to be clearly and specifically defined you're fucked, because the blurred line is going to get even fuzzier.
All true, but I'm not a far-right Christian, I'm an atheist and a secularist. So why fuck me?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]