The Good News Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 05:20 AM
RE: The Good News Thread
(01-12-2016 03:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 11:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The far right religious idiots are dancing the happy dance with the election of trump, his appointees and a possible Supreme Court nominee. If you're a Christian this is all good news. If you're an atheist and want the Constitutional separation of church and state to be clearly and specifically defined you're fucked, because the blurred line is going to get even fuzzier.
All true, but I'm not a far-right Christian, I'm an atheist and a secularist. So why fuck me?

Anyone who didn't see and can't see those consequences of supporting Trump is a complete idiot.
I suggest you fall into that category.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
01-12-2016, 07:31 AM
(01-12-2016 05:20 AM)Rik Wrote:  Anyone who didn't see and can't see those consequences of supporting Trump is a complete idiot.
And on what evidence are you basing that suggestion?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-12-2016, 08:20 AM
(01-12-2016 07:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 05:20 AM)Rik Wrote:  Anyone who didn't see and can't see those consequences of supporting Trump is a complete idiot.
And on what evidence are you basing that suggestion?

Your OP and others like it that ignore the negative show that you're wearing blinders of idiocy.
01-12-2016, 08:27 AM
Saving jobs that will be obsolete asap isn't good news, especially since the cost is not divulged.

Sending the out of work people to schools teaching robotics etc. would be good news.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-12-2016, 08:42 AM
(01-12-2016 05:20 AM)Rik Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 03:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  All true, but I'm not a far-right Christian, I'm an atheist and a secularist. So why fuck me?

Anyone who didn't see and can't see those consequences of supporting Trump is a complete idiot.

???

Vosur may have supported Trump at one time, but for the last few months of the campaign at least, he made it clear that he did not support Trump. He was much more anti-Clinton (and who can blame him for that?) than pro-Trump.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-12-2016, 02:22 PM
(01-12-2016 08:20 AM)Rik Wrote:  Your OP and others like it that ignore the negative show that you're wearing blinders of idiocy.
If explicitly acknowledging the existence of the negatives is equivalent to ignoring them to you, then perhaps you should reconsider who the one wearing blinders of idiocy is.

01-12-2016, 02:43 PM
(01-12-2016 03:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-11-2016 11:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The far right religious idiots are dancing the happy dance with the election of trump, his appointees and a possible Supreme Court nominee. If you're a Christian this is all good news. If you're an atheist and want the Constitutional separation of church and state to be clearly and specifically defined you're fucked, because the blurred line is going to get even fuzzier.
All true, but I'm not a far-right Christian, I'm an atheist and a secularist. So why fuck me?

It makes no sense for an atheist and secularist to support trump and his henchmen who want to infuse the christian bullshit into our schools and government. trump may not care but he's appointees are sure happy as hell to bring Christianity back and shove it down our throats.

So in reference to your thread title, trumps election is "Good News" for Christians, shitty news for atheists.

And by the way, don't you live in Eastern Europe so some such place???

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-12-2016, 02:52 PM
(01-12-2016 02:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It makes no sense for an atheist and secularist to support trump and his henchmen who want to infuse the christian bullshit into our schools and government. trump may not care but he's appointees are sure happy as hell to bring Christianity back and shove it down our throats.
Who says I'm supporting Trump and his henchmen? Just where are you getting that from?

(01-12-2016 02:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And by the way, don't you live in Eastern Europe so some such place???
Yeah, I live in the Czech Republic.

01-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Angela Merkel, now the global leader of Western Democratic liberalism, says she's gonna run again.

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-12-2016, 04:28 PM
So, Carrier is rewarded with hefty tax incentives, and the parent company will also be rewarded with continuing and new federal contracts.

So much for "punishing" corps who threaten to leave the country. Drinking Beverage

Who wants to bet many more will start to threaten the same thing to get a nice sweetheart deal...

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post