The Good News Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 04:18 AM
RE: The Good News Thread
(02-12-2016 02:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 02:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Seems like it's the "possibly good if we accept the premise that Trump knows what the fuck he's doing" news thread. Gawd. Let's have some actual verifiable good news that's not political. Something like a new discovery in biology.
Fair enough, but you're posting in the "Politics" section right now, so of course it's going to be political. Tongue

Blink Oh right, yeah... the politics section. Fuck me. I just sorta assumed this was in casual coffeehouse.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 04:48 AM
(02-12-2016 02:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 05:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  The deal cost 7 million. The threats used will probably never been known, but a very high tariff on US sales and denial of government contracts were likely in the game. The 7 million aren't enough to offset losses for carrier.
How could you possibly know that? Consider

She can do simple math. Carrier claims the move would have saved $65 million and 65>>7. It's not that hard. You can do it if you try. Let me know if you require tutoring and I can set you up with an 8 yo somewhere.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Good news! Now you can get Trump-scented candles. Though you'll have to scroll through the article on Trudeau-scented candles to read about it.

[Image: trump-scented-candle.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
02-12-2016, 06:35 PM
(02-12-2016 04:02 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Good news! Now you can get Trump-scented candles.

If you just want the smell of a pile of shit there are cheaper options.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
02-12-2016, 10:00 PM
But this is no ordinary pile of shit. This shit is on fire! <--- Typically when you type that phrase you don't mean it so literally.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
03-12-2016, 11:37 AM
"I can never, and will never, change any of the haters.
It's not about them. Not this time and not here.
This was about binding up the wounded; about showing compassion and empathy for the hurting and fearful among us.
Or, in some christian traditions, this was about washing my brothers' feet."

Justin Normand, I salute you.

Bowing

03-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Good news will be when Trump is impeached and sentenced to prison for being a Russian puppet.
03-12-2016, 12:49 PM
(03-12-2016 12:09 PM)julep Wrote:  Good news will be when Trump is impeached and sentenced to prison for being a Russian puppet.
You should give this NYT article a read: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/pol...trump.html

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-12-2016, 01:34 PM
(03-12-2016 12:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 12:09 PM)julep Wrote:  Good news will be when Trump is impeached and sentenced to prison for being a Russian puppet.
You should give this NYT article a read: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/pol...trump.html

I'm having difficulty lately of believing anything the FBI says anymore.

And I do mean anything.

I wish I had a government I could actually trust but I don't anymore and haven't for a long time. Perhaps the trust I felt before was simply an illusion, I can't say, all I know is that I used to have much more faith that most were trying to do the best they could....

Today, it's not about that, today it's more about pandering to either the their religious beliefs that harm others, or pandering to the donors who line their pockets and most times it's both at the same time.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Gee willikers, more good news for Christians. trumps pick to head the Education Department, Betsy De Voses is a proponent of bringing church back into everyone's life. Ah yes...lets all go back to the 1950's.

Here's a recording from an interview she and her husband gave, both working together to shove religion down people's throats. Whoop-de-do.

http://www.politico.com/video/2016/12/th...ies-061694

Once again, fuck you trump. Fuck your family and fuck your pick for the head of Education.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.