The Good News Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: The Good News Thread
(04-12-2016 12:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 08:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I think most of the other nations will be laughing too hard to take anything Trump says seriously. They know he's a fool and can wait him out.

What you have to worry about then is how far and how permanently other nations can fuck the US while President Trump is trying to shut down Saturday Night Live.

Oh, I do.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2016, 06:06 PM
(03-12-2016 03:03 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 12:09 PM)julep Wrote:  Good news will be when Trump is impeached and sentenced to prison for being a Russian puppet.

Not if that elevates Pence to power. Unfortunately, Trump needs to stay in. The mess he makes will be easier to clean up later.

Pence is already in power. Where do you think all these Evangelical nominations are coming fron? Two-Corinthians-Walk-Into-A-Bar Trump? Trump will be his finger-puppet and fall guy.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
04-12-2016, 06:37 PM
(04-12-2016 06:06 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 03:03 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Not if that elevates Pence to power. Unfortunately, Trump needs to stay in. The mess he makes will be easier to clean up later.

Pence is already in power. Where do you think all these Evangelical nominations are coming fron? Two-Corinthians-Walk-Into-A-Bar Trump? Trump will be his finger-puppet and fall guy.

To a limited extent... I don't see Trump being willing to let anybody tell him much of anything.

04-12-2016, 06:46 PM
(04-12-2016 06:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 06:06 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Pence is already in power. Where do you think all these Evangelical nominations are coming fron? Two-Corinthians-Walk-Into-A-Bar Trump? Trump will be his finger-puppet and fall guy.

To a limited extent... I don't see Trump being willing to let anybody tell him much of anything.

I do see him granting favors to those who feed his ego, though, and Pence will be one of those if he's smart.
04-12-2016, 06:52 PM
(04-12-2016 06:46 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 06:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  To a limited extent... I don't see Trump being willing to let anybody tell him much of anything.

I do see him granting favors to those who feed his ego, though, and Pence will be one of those if he's smart.

That I can see happening if Pence's own ego and religious zealotry don't keep him from thinking longer-term. Whatever happens, it will be a sideshow.

04-12-2016, 08:36 PM
(04-12-2016 06:06 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Pence is already in power. Where do you think all these Evangelical nominations are coming fron? Two-Corinthians-Walk-Into-A-Bar Trump? Trump will be his finger-puppet and fall guy.

Not for anything he cares about, no. Lamentably, that doesn't seem to include the governing of the country. Pence and co. will stroke Trump's ego and tell him what wonderful decisions he's making, what a wonderful wall he's building. In turn, Trump will let them do whatever they want with those areas he couldn't care less about, like education or the separation of church and state. As long as Trump gets the power and the glory the rest can go to hell in a handbasket.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-12-2016, 05:34 AM
https://www.japantoday.com/category/poli...with-putin

[Image: bb516e5a43a5086900ea99c8b6c91451bdb14714...6f5b_3.jpg]

keep getting fucked shinzo

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-12-2016, 05:44 AM

But Trump just wants the ceremonial (and droit de seigneur) perks. It's already been revealed that at least one of his VP picks was told that he could handle domestic and international policy because Trump didn't want to bother with them. Trump's already skipping out on briefings because he's bored.

Pence, he's got stuff he wants to do, and he's a real executive. He's President in all but name. And things will continue thusly until Trump becomes convinced that people have more respect for Pence and like him better...then Pence will be toast, possibly the first VP to be fired (rather than resign).
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
05-12-2016, 09:35 AM
(05-12-2016 05:44 AM)julep Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 06:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  To a limited extent... I don't see Trump being willing to let anybody tell him much of anything.

But Trump just wants the ceremonial (and droit de seigneur) perks. It's already been revealed that at least one of his VP picks was told that he could handle domestic and international policy because Trump didn't want to bother with them. Trump's already skipping out on briefings because he's bored.

Pence, he's got stuff he wants to do, and he's a real executive. He's President in all but name. And things will continue thusly until Trump becomes convinced that people have more respect for Pence and like him better...then Pence will be toast, possibly the first VP to be fired (rather than resign).

Well, if the VP handles the domestic and international policy then what does that leave for trump? Oh that's right, trump handles the Saturday Night Live policy. This man has a very serious personality disorder.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-12-2016, 11:19 AM
(05-12-2016 09:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, if the VP handles the domestic and international policy then what does that leave for trump? Oh that's right, trump handles the Saturday Night Live policy. This man has a very serious personality disorder.

... and tweets. He's really just the "minister of tweets". Pence can do all of the boring stuff while Trump tweets away.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post