The Good News Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: The Good News Thread
I love good news. Just heard the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 will be ready for Trump after he is sworn in.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2016, 02:52 PM
(05-12-2016 02:45 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I love good news. Just heard the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 will be ready for Trump after he is sworn in.

So I don't understand what this means because I'm too lazy to google it myself. Does it mean that the State with the least restrictive gun laws has to comply with the gun laws of the State with the most restrictive gun laws and the State with the most restrictive gun laws has to comply with the gun laws of the least restrictive State? 'cause that'd be fun.

#sigh
05-12-2016, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 03:00 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(05-12-2016 02:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 02:45 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I love good news. Just heard the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 will be ready for Trump after he is sworn in.

So I don't understand what this means because I'm too lazy to google it myself. Does it mean that the State with the least restrictive gun laws has to comply with the gun laws of the State with the most restrictive gun laws and the State with the most restrictive gun laws has to comply with the gun laws of the least restrictive State? 'cause that'd be fun.

It just means that if a state issues concealed carry permits, they have to recognize an out of state concealed carry permit, just like a driver's license.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
05-12-2016, 04:43 PM
(05-12-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 02:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I don't understand what this means because I'm too lazy to google it myself. Does it mean that the State with the least restrictive gun laws has to comply with the gun laws of the State with the most restrictive gun laws and the State with the most restrictive gun laws has to comply with the gun laws of the least restrictive State? 'cause that'd be fun.

It just means that if a state issues concealed carry permits, they have to recognize an out of state concealed carry permit, just like a driver's license.

Looks like a half-dozen States already permit reciprocity from other States but I don't read that it means it recognizes permits from other States but rather they will issue you a permit for this State. And as far as I can tell the only no-issue locales are American Samoa and Northern Mariana Islands (didn't even know they were ours). So that leads me to a question. Which State is the easiest one to get a concealed carry permit? And what the fuck is "Mexican carry"? Does it involve bandoliers?

#sigh