The 'Good Person' Test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: The 'Good Person' Test
(09-07-2017 10:37 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  ... dishonest, demeaning and insulting behavior ...
Didn't occur to me until sometime after making this post just how blind the religious are to the irony of this kind of approach: go up to a stranger and without provocation insult him as if he's the one up to no good. Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
09-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Hey preacher man, here's a few questions for you.
It's called the con man test.

"Have you ever tried to manipulate someone with the intention of making them feel like shit ?"

"Have you ever tried to sell them something either real or imagined that would act as a delusional placebo to make them magically feel better ?"

"What do we call someone who does that ?"

"We call them a piece of shit con man."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
10-07-2017, 10:11 AM
(09-07-2017 10:42 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I think I would say
"What do call a man who is honest every day of his life, except for that one time he lied about taking an apple when he was starving ?

You call him honest.

"What do you call a man who works his whole life as a security guard, protecting property from thieves, but when he was a child, he stole an apple ?

You call him trustworthy.

"What do you call a man who risks his life protecting his family from a home invasion by killing someone who is trying to harm his family ?

You call him a hero.

"What do call someone who fucked every married woman in the neighborhood ?

You call him the milkman Smile

"Now go take your meaningless labels and hit the road preacher man. I've got more milk to deliver."

That's much better! *applauds*
10-07-2017, 10:19 AM
I know I'm a good person, I don't need a test to tell me that. Tongue

In all seriousness though, all humans are flawed, not in the religious sense--just in the no one's perfect sense. I think a test to determine whether or not you're good enough is kind of silly. I think if you are worried about it enough to take a test, why not put your energy into making the world better around you instead?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-07-2017, 03:45 PM
(10-07-2017 10:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I know I'm a good person, I don't need a test to tell me that. Tongue

In all seriousness though, all humans are flawed, not in the religious sense--just in the no one's perfect sense. I think a test to determine whether or not you're good enough is kind of silly. I think if you are worried about it enough to take a test, why not put your energy into making the world better around you instead?
The entire purpose of the "test" is to "demonstrate" the "truth" that "there are none righteous, no, not one". By that notion you are not a good person, no one is. If you advance an inflated, unrealistic standard that denies people's very humanity, and in fact defines that humanity itself as evil ("desperately wicked", to be precise) then you get the line of "reasoning" in the "test".

Goodness to a fundamentalist is absolute perfection or nothing. To reasonable people, it's leaving the world a significantly better place than you found it, cleaning up after yourself, etc. The rest is details. But every damn detail matters to a fundamentalist.

But what do you expect from an ideology that suggests that god made us as we are and then is enraged and must punish us for being as he made us? Indeed, per scripture, god SET UP the first humans to sin. So that he could spend thousands of years cajoling, smiting, and admonishing people, punishing most of them for eternity, saving a tattered remnant. Makes sense. Just not to me.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
10-07-2017, 04:07 PM
(10-07-2017 03:45 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 10:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I know I'm a good person, I don't need a test to tell me that. Tongue

The entire purpose of the "test" is to "demonstrate" the "truth" that "there are none righteous, no, not one". By that notion you are not a good person, no one is. If you advance an inflated, unrealistic standard that denies people's very humanity, and in fact defines that humanity itself as evil ("desperately wicked", to be precise) then you get the line of "reasoning" in the "test".

Goodness to a fundamentalist is absolute perfection or nothing. To reasonable people, it's leaving the world a significantly better place than you found it, cleaning up after yourself, etc. The rest is details. But every damn detail matters to a fundamentalist.

But what do you expect from an ideology that suggests that god made us as we are and then is enraged and must punish us for being as he made us? Indeed, per scripture, god SET UP the first humans to sin. So that he could spend thousands of years cajoling, smiting, and admonishing people, punishing most of them for eternity, saving a tattered remnant. Makes sense. Just not to me.

Ah okay, I didn't read the test, just the thread title. Good to know someone's on the ball on this forum Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-07-2017, 04:30 PM
(10-07-2017 04:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Ah okay, I didn't read the test, just the thread title. Good to know someone's on the ball on this forum Hobo
Eh ... I was just on a soapbox. Carry on :-)
10-07-2017, 05:35 PM
I got to about page 3 on the test and said to myself, "Fuck this shit".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-07-2017, 05:48 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-07-2017, 06:20 PM
(08-07-2017 04:59 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Okay so, random test I took after feeling like I was a user and such. But now I know after taking this just how good I am compared to what I think. There is a difference with people who go through with using another, and another who can say it's wrong and snuff out anything that tries to convince you other wise. We all have doubts, I know this to be true, we all think on doing something harmful, for money, simple treasures, and desires. But, a true good person would realize the ends don't justify the means, and know that everyone goes through the same, but knows it is wrong and will firmly say it.

Now that self reflection in myself is over with. And yes I struggle through that alot due to my upbringing with fear of thoughts being my downfall. Raised an evangelical I was taught that God knows your every thought, and will punish you for even thinking of doing something bad. So I still get scared for even thinking wrong, even now. Some fears just take time.

I'm rambling again, but whatever what I really want to give light to is this quiz I took to see if I was a 'Good Person'.

I laughed, really hard. When you go the link, keep in mind what the website is and looks like. And please just take the quiz for yourself. The lengths these people go to is just funny if you answer honest as I did.

For a 'Good Person' quiz, they really shove down your throat what a true 'good person' is.

http://www.goodpersontest.com/

Only an asshole would have me dig through that drivel.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post