The 'Good Person' Test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: The 'Good Person' Test
Am I the only one who took the test and gave all the "right answers"? Just to see what would happen.

I did, and lo and behold, just more preaching about sinning. I figure it would at least say, "Well shit, good on you for being a good person."

Nope, just a paragraph about everyone being evil...and of course the kool-aid about how to make up for it.

Then again, I was lying. Fuck, how did they know? Gasp

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
11-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Actually, that test wasn't new to me. I found it on YouTube over a year ago. It's one of Ray Comfort's video's. Dodgy
11-07-2017, 05:50 AM
WELL

Quote:By your own admission and the standard of God's law, the Ten Commandments, you are a lying, thieving, blasphemous, murderous, adulterer at heart.

That sure showed me Weeping

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
11-07-2017, 07:13 AM
(11-07-2017 05:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  WELL

Quote:By your own admission and the standard of God's law, the Ten Commandments, you are a lying, thieving, blasphemous, murderous, adulterer at heart.

That sure showed me Weeping

By my standard their god is a lying, bigoted, murderous, incompetent, evil jackass. Does that make us even?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Not sure if this an atheist website or not but it tears apart the "Good person" test pretty good.If you're interested in reading the whole thing.

Here is a sample, which made me think that maybe I've never actually taken the lord's name in vain (not that I give a shit about that):

[Image: good-person-4.jpg]

Almost everyone that Living Waters accuses of "taking the lord's name in vain" are 100% innocent. Saying something like "God Dammit" is NOT taking the lord's name in vain because it does not involve the use of the lord's name. God is what the lord is, it is not his name. His name is Yahweh, so only if one said "Yahweh Dammit" would they be taking the lord's name in vain.

The entire reason why Christians today say "God" instead of "Yahweh" is so they WON'T be taking the lord's name in vain. This commandment is from the Jewish belief that one should not say their god's name out loud. This is why Hebrew scriptures say Yahweh (not God or Lord) but in Hebrew verbal traditions they would say "god" instead of their god's name. When scripture was copied to Greek the verbal tradition was accidentally applied to the written words, removing the god's name. Since our English bibles are based on Greek translations the error is included. In reality, what reads as "Don't take the Lord's name in vain" in English Bibles actually reads as "Don't take Yahweh's name in vain" according to scripture.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
11-07-2017, 11:04 AM
(11-07-2017 05:29 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Actually, that test wasn't new to me. I found it on YouTube over a year ago. It's one of Ray Comfort's video's. Dodgy

Yep, there's a bunch of videos of Ray asking these questions to people on the street. I even saw one where he asked them of Richard Dawkins at some event and he had the best answer: Fuck off. The audience gave him a round of applause.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post