"The Google Science Fair" An online science competition!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Exclamation "The Google Science Fair" An online science competition!
Hey folks, I ran across this yesterday and just thought it deserved a mention in here. It is:

The Google Science Fair in partnership with CERN, Lego, National Geographic and Scientific American. This is the largest global online science competition, that celebrates the curiosity and investigations of young scientists everywhere! An online science competition for curious young minds across the globe. All you need is a question. What's yours?

Have you asked a question today? What did you do with it?

Did it take you somewhere new? Did it bring you here?

The Google Science Fair is an online science competition seeking curious minds from the four corners of the globe. Anybody and everybody between 13 and 18 can enter. All you need is an idea.

Geniuses are not always A-grade students. We welcome all mavericks, square-pegs and everybody who likes to ask questions. Simply upload your project here to win some life changing prizes.

Everyone has a question. What’s yours?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 08:17 AM
RE: "The Google Science Fair" An online science competition!
I participated in this last year, our project being detergent made from fruit.

The finalists last year had very advanced projects, impressive and very extensive. Here are two of the winners' projects last year Smile

Project on Carcinogens
Project on Drug Resistance in Cancer Cells

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
19-02-2012, 08:44 AM
"PhIP levels were measured using high pressure liquid chromatograph-mass spectrometer."

That's bullshit. How can you compete with someone who has access to equipment that costs many thousands of dollars?
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
20-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm doing how social websites affect your studies. Can anyone be willing to answer some questions for me?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
21-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi Red Tornado,

Happy to help if I can. I do a fair bit of work on social networks in my day job so might be able to lend a hand, although I'm a doddering 33 year old so you'll need to speak loudly...

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ