The Gospel of Peace?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: The Gospel of Peace?
Jebus was a mushroom ya know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEmNIz08gis

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-07-2013, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 02:42 PM by Reltzik.)
(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  We evangelicals most often focus on individual salvation, Jesus's comforts in life and Heaven. But the return of Jesus is the advent of the millennial kingdom of Israel and of world peace.

Armageddon is interposed between our age and the return of Jesus. But it is not ordained fact yet. God may relent. I hope it is so.

Have many of you been exposed to the book of Revelation or of the different gospels or "good news" proclamations within? The good news of the kingdom of God ascendant, world peace, etc?

I thought I'd translate this out of Koolaidian, with my responses included.

(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  We evangelicals most often focus on individual salvation, Jesus's comforts in life and Heaven.

We focus on a lot of stuff you don't think is real.

My response: Yeah, you do.

(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  But the return of Jesus is the advent of the millennial kingdom of Israel and of world peace. Armageddon is interposed between our age and the return of Jesus.

Some of the stuff you don't think is real. (Presentation is ambiguous. It might either be an unsupported assertion itself, or a mere clarification of existing unsupported assertions.)

My response: Prove it, if it's an assertion. If it's a clarification... well, it's a clarification of fine details. Meaning that its intended audience is "people who focus on the stuff and think it's real". Meaning your people, not us. ... which again, raises the question you've never, ever, ever answered no matter how many times I ask it: Why are you presenting this stuff, to us, in the manner you keep presenting it? It seems pretty obvious that you're trying to preach to the choir when the choir's nowhere in sight, which either suggests that you have no idea where the choir is or that you're mistaking us for it. Yeah, sure, great commission and all, but talk about the worst way to go about things. Do you just not know what you need to convince atheists of BEFORE they'll buy into anything based off of unsupported assertions? Do you just not care?

(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  But it is not ordained fact yet. God may relent. I hope it is so.

Assertion that other previous assertions are not definitive. In contradiction with assertions of many other claimants nominally of the same faith.

My response: I've got enough trouble keeping one set of unsupported assertions straight. (And honestly I have no interest in doing so, save that they have an irritating affect on my society and an illegal one on my government, and that Christians keep whipping them out to tell me how they're better than me and/or justify beating gays to a pulp. Really. Trying to rule my life, tag everything with their symbols, look down my nose at me or my friends, convert me, get my money, and/or explain their horrific behavior is just about the ONLY reasons anyone has ever made the unsolicited disclosure to me that they're a Christian.)

So I have enough trouble with 1 flavor of kool-aid. Keeping track of 31 flavors, before adding in all the other religions, is a bit ridiculous. Tell you what. How about the whole bunch of you Christians sit down and get your stories straight, before bothering us with it? .... actually, wait, just remembered the 30 Years War. How about Christians DON'T do what I just said. I don't want to be collateral damage.

(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Have many of you been exposed to the book of Revelation or of the different gospels or "good news" proclamations within? The good news of the kingdom of God ascendant, world peace, etc?

Asking if we have encountered the unsupported assertions. Delivered in a tone similar to a carny trying to reel in a mark. (HURRY HURRY SEE THE AMAZING UNCLAIMED ASSERTIONS ONLY 10% OF YOUR INCOME THAT'S A 1 AND A 0 PRACTICALLY NOTHING GUARANTEED TO HAPPEN BEFORE ETERNITY ENDS BUT NOT GUARANTEED BEFORE YOU DIE SO I GUESS YOU CAN'T SUE US FOR FALSE ADVERTISING!)

My response: I have second-hand exposure. It has left me incredibly soured to the idea of examining it first-hand. See my parenthetical about why Christians tell me they're Christians. Still, I did try. Realized somewhere around the begats that this book, if it had a point, really didn't know how to make it.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
24-07-2013, 02:51 PM
(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  But it is not ordained fact yet. God may relent. I hope it is so.

Ummm, yes it is.

Please give biblical references to back your claim.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
24-07-2013, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2013 07:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Actually he just admitted that all the (so-called) "prophesies" (ie sooth-saying / divinations / entrail readings ) that he *would* have said "predicted" any given event, are complete "post-dictum" views. Thanks for admitting all "prophesy" as fortune-telling, is subject to whim, and capricious interpretation.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-07-2013, 03:23 PM
(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  We evangelicals most often focus on individual salvation, Jesus's comforts in life and Heaven. But the return of Jesus is the advent of the millennial kingdom of Israel and of world peace.

Armageddon is interposed between our age and the return of Jesus. But it is not ordained fact yet. God may relent. I hope it is so.

Have many of you been exposed to the book of Revelation or of the different gospels or "good news" proclamations within? The good news of the kingdom of God ascendant, world peace, etc?
I've read it, several times and the so-called gospels too. I find it difficult to believe you have actually read them. You only had your cult leader explain it to you.

Shoo fly!

[Image: DE317E32-F6BA-4E3B-8E14-5FDAB938732B-465...03145B.jpg]

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-07-2013, 03:27 PM
(24-07-2013 02:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Ummm, yes it is.

He'll have to ask his cult leader about that. I'm sure he'll then provide another nifty copy/pasta for us all.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-07-2013, 03:29 PM
(24-07-2013 03:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-07-2013 02:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ummm, yes it is.

He'll have to ask his cult leader about that. I'm sure he'll then provide another nifty copy/pasta for us all.

I'd be more inclined to bet that he'll completely ignore the challenge to his assertions.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
24-07-2013, 03:54 PM
(24-07-2013 03:29 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(24-07-2013 03:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He'll have to ask his cult leader about that. I'm sure he'll then provide another nifty copy/pasta for us all.

I'd be more inclined to bet that he'll completely ignore the challenge to his assertions.

True, he has to be careful when he addresses his cult leader. They might not believe that he's asking questions posed by someone else that he has no clue about...

He could end up in stalks. Smile
Or an iron mask....

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-07-2013, 04:11 PM
(24-07-2013 03:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-07-2013 03:29 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I'd be more inclined to bet that he'll completely ignore the challenge to his assertions.

True, he has to be careful when he addresses his cult leader. They might not believe that he's asking questions posed by someone else that he has no clue about...

He could end up in stalks. Smile
Or an iron mask....

Or burned at the stake? Please? Please? I haz marshmallowz. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-07-2013, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 05:10 PM by Logica Humano.)

Nothing is more evident. Especially when you hear God's voice telling you to butcher your children.

(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Armageddon is interposed between our age and the return of Jesus. But it is not ordained fact yet. God may relent. I hope it is so.

Why is it that Armageddon is the final battleground? If I were God, I would have selected a far more fantabulous place. Like Paris or Rome.

(24-07-2013 06:27 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Have many of you been exposed to the book of Revelation or of the different gospels or "good news" proclamations within? The good news of the kingdom of God ascendant, world peace, etc?

I have, unfortunately. It is a major contributing factor to my disbelief and anti-theism.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post