The Gospels of Thomas and Eve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 09:07 PM
The Gospels of Thomas and Eve
http://www.pantheism.net/paul/gnostic.htm

Well my other atheist friend told me about the gospel of eve, so i had to research it.
Just imagine if these were included in the bible...

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 09:24 PM
RE: The Gospels of Thomas and Eve
(03-04-2012 09:07 PM)itsacow Wrote:  http://www.pantheism.net/paul/gnostic.htm

Well my other atheist friend told me about the gospel of eve, so i had to research it.
Eve's existence is believed to pre-exist paper. Where would her gospel even be written?

Don't believe everything you read. Just because it's in print doesn't make it true.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
(03-04-2012 09:24 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 09:07 PM)itsacow Wrote:  http://www.pantheism.net/paul/gnostic.htm

Eve's existence is believed to pre-exist paper. Where would her gospel even be written?

Don't believe everything you read. Just because it's in print doesn't make it true.
That is probably a reason why it was not in the bible, and anyways she lived for 600 years in the bible(I think she did), so perhaps a system of writing was created by then.

Under Repair.
03-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Wow! I hadn't seen these before. I knew about all the heretic-hunting and gospel-destroying that went on but being lazy and caring not, hadn't looked further.

I liked these bits:

The Gospel of Thomas.... It plainly rejects the world, the flesh and woman...

[fuck that! what's the point of living?!?!]

... The real kingdom is of light, present inside dark matter.

[just imagine what Islam would have made of that if it was in the Quran]

The Gospel of Eve ... used by certain Gnostic sects with lurid and bizarre beliefs and sexual practices...

[that sounds more like it, sign me up]

... they shared their women in common. They celebrated sexual orgies in which partners were swapped. Coitus interruptus was the normal practice. Semen was collected and offered to the Lord as the body of Christ

[hahaha now I see where the catholic's got their ideas... the Eucarist and small children collecting the priest's semen. All is explained]

03-04-2012, 11:35 PM

One of the reasons God instructed me to synthesize the Gospels was because of the Gospel of Thomas. First, it's not in the Holy Bible, but it is undoubtably a real Gospel of Jesus Christ, or at least the writer was undoubtably inspired. Second, unlike the Holy Bible and the Gospels therein, there is no control over the interpretation of Thomas. There is no one there policing it, no Church making sure it doesn't change. Today, there are oodles of Ancient Coptic academics, and each one wants their opinion to matter, so each one interprets the verses differently, differently enough to make a difference, anyway. Since I synthesized it into The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, under the direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit, it is saved, or at least its message is saved forever. Now the translators can do whatever they want with it. Same goes for the New Testament Gospels. Notice how in the last century there have been more translations and versions of the Bible than ever before? Well, now that the VGJC is in print, people can do whatever they want with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It no longer matters. The Gospel has been preserved; the author is known; the original manuscript exists.

Not trying to hijack the post. I just wanted to add my two cents.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
04-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Well!

I never thought it would happen but I "liked" an Egor post.

Although, I have only been a member for a couple of months, I'm sure anyone reading my posts will know where I stand.

So, obviously, I think the Gospels (official and unofficial) are irrelevant and that anyone "under the direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit" should be seeking medical assistance but here'e the thing....

"no Church making sure it doesn't change" - Egor.

... the evolution of ideas is important (just look at the stagnation in the Islamic world after the Caliphate declared mathematics to be evil).

So everyone's two cents could be of value.

As an enlightened man once said...

"...When Socrates was sentenced to death for his philosophical investigations and for blasphemy for challenging the gods of the city, and he accepted his death he did say, “Well, if we are lucky perhaps I will be able to hold conversation with other great thinkers and philosophers and doubters, too.” In other words, that the discussion about what is good, what is beautiful, what is noble, what is pure, and what is true could always go on. Why is that important? Why would I like to do that? Because that’s the only conversation worth having. And whether it goes on or not after I die, I don’t know. But, I do know that it is the conversation I want to have while I am still alive. Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can’t give way is an offer of something not worth having. I want to live my life taking the risk all the time that I don’t know anything like enough yet… that I haven’t understood enough… that I can’t know enough… that I am always hungrily operating on the margins of a potentially great harvest of future knowledge and wisdom. I wouldn’t have it any other way."

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-04-2012, 02:03 AM

(04-04-2012 12:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Well!

See! A miracle. Ohmy
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2012, 03:42 AM
(04-04-2012 02:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  

See! A miracle. Ohmy

LOL! But don't get excited, it was only really half a like :-)

04-04-2012, 04:04 AM

Although, I have only been a member for a couple of months, I'm sure anyone reading my posts will know where I stand.

So, obviously, I think the Gospels (official and unofficial) are irrelevant and that anyone "under the direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit" should be seeking medical assistance but here'e the thing....

... the evolution of ideas is important (just look at the stagnation in the Islamic world after the Caliphate declared mathematics to be evil).

"...When Socrates was sentenced to death for his philosophical investigations and for blasphemy for challenging the gods of the city, and he accepted his death he did say, “Well, if we are lucky perhaps I will be able to hold conversation with other great thinkers and philosophers and doubters, too.” In other words, that the discussion about what is good, what is beautiful, what is noble, what is pure, and what is true could always go on. Why is that important? Why would I like to do that? Because that’s the only conversation worth having. And whether it goes on or not after I die, I don’t know. But, I do know that it is the conversation I want to have while I am still alive. Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can’t give way is an offer of something not worth having. I want to live my life taking the risk all the time that I don’t know anything like enough yet… that I haven’t understood enough… that I can’t know enough… that I am always hungrily operating on the margins of a potentially great harvest of future knowledge and wisdom. I wouldn’t have it any other way."
Wasn't that enlightened man Christopher Hitchens? Whoever said it..it is spot on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2012, 04:45 AM
(04-04-2012 04:04 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

Wasn't that enlightened man Christopher Hitchens? Whoever said it..it is spot on!

It was he