Poll: How do you feel about the Grateful Dead?
Hate them
Indifferent / Never listened
Like them
LOVE THEM!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The Grateful Dead Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: The Grateful Dead Thread
The Dead listening party 3/20/1990 Nassau Coliseum with Bradford Marsalis set 2. Very good.

Never mistake the grandeur of the cosmos for god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Pie's post
11-09-2014, 08:59 PM
(10-09-2014 12:43 PM)Pie Wrote:  The Dead listening party 3/20/1990 Nassau Coliseum with Bradford Marsalis set 2. Very good.

Its on Spotify now...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2014, 04:59 AM
Q: What did the Dead Head say after he had stopped smoking pot?
A: Man, this band sucks!

Actually I do like them!

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
12-09-2014, 09:44 AM
The first time I really saw the Grateful Dead was when an older cousin took me...

New Years Eve 1978. At, some point they said if you have to be somewhere you need to leave now because it's a private party and they locked the doors. I remember I got a little nervous about that..and was afraid I'd get into trouble...But found my cousin and she said she'd already told my mom and dad that I'd be back the next day....

The Dead played all night, along with a bunch of other people and in the morning we had pancakes....

Best fucking concert ever. It was like 10 hours of music. The concert was broadcasted on KQED and on the radio station KSAN -- turned out my father was watching and soooooooo not happy with my cousin for taking me to that concert. He absolutely hated anything "hippie". But let me go because I begged and she'd already taken me to another concert that I was totally into seeing (Black Sabbath and the opening act was Van Halen who I knew very little about but quickly got into).

I recall a couple opening acts...I know one was The New Riders of the Purple Sage (my cousin was totally into them) but the other band I'd never heard of...I wasn't allowed to watch SNL so I had no clue about the Blues Brothers. I didn't even remember seeing them until I saw the bit they did years later on video. (Think it was the Best of John Belushi or something like that) and suddenly spoke up and said, "I saw them in concert!"

I think there was a third opening act...but I can't for the life of me remember who it was...maybe just random musicians???

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-09-2014, 10:15 AM
(12-09-2014 09:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The first time I really saw the Grateful Dead was when an older cousin took me...

New Years Eve 1978. At, some point they said if you have to be somewhere you need to leave now because it's a private party and they locked the doors. I remember I got a little nervous about that..and was afraid I'd get into trouble...But found my cousin and she said she'd already told my mom and dad that I'd be back the next day....

The Dead played all night, along with a bunch of other people and in the morning we had pancakes....

Best fucking concert ever. It was like 10 hours of music. The concert was broadcasted on KQED and on the radio station KSAN -- turned out my father was watching and soooooooo not happy with my cousin for taking me to that concert. He absolutely hated anything "hippie". But let me go because I begged and she'd already taken me to another concert that I was totally into seeing (Black Sabbath and the opening act was Van Halen who I knew very little about but quickly got into).

I recall a couple opening acts...I know one was The New Riders of the Purple Sage (my cousin was totally into them) but the other band I'd never heard of...I wasn't allowed to watch SNL so I had no clue about the Blues Brothers. I didn't even remember seeing them until I saw the bit they did years later on video. (Think it was the Best of John Belushi or something like that) and suddenly spoke up and said, "I saw them in concert!"

I think there was a third opening act...but I can't for the life of me remember who it was...maybe just random musicians???

I am so jealous Big Grin

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-09-2014, 12:22 PM
(12-09-2014 10:15 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 09:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The first time I really saw the Grateful Dead was when an older cousin took me...

I am so jealous Big Grin

[Image: i_may_be_old_but_i_got_to_see_all_the_co...l9_512.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
13-09-2014, 12:49 PM
I've watched the DVD they released a while back of the concert, but can't find me. My dad had said he saw me when he watched it live.

I guess I ended up on the cutting room floor. Weeping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Closing_of_Winterland

My cousin however is seen in the audience in it...so I know I'm close by....
And I found her in the Last Waltz when I first saw it years ago -- but she didn't offer to take me to that.

Both were filmed at Winterland.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-11-2014, 05:16 PM
30 Days of Dead- free downloads starts today. Always listen with visualizations-alchemy-random. lol.

02-11-2014, 11:31 AM
(01-11-2014 05:16 PM)Pie Wrote:  30 Days of Dead- free downloads starts today. Always listen with visualizations-alchemy-random. lol.

Thumbsup 30 days of unreleased Dead.

#sigh
06-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Politicians come and Politicians go, but the Grateful Dead is always here, you know.

[+] 2 users Like Pie's post