The Great Filter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-07-2016, 12:42 AM
RE: The Great Filter
(18-07-2016 08:55 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 08:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It requires very little effort.

a cow passing gas takes more effort then morningwood making an ass of himself

A cow like you would know that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 12:50 AM
(19-07-2016 12:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 08:55 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  a cow passing gas takes more effort then morningwood making an ass of himself

A cow like you would know that.

Really that's your best shot oh i'm so offend whoa is me morningwood thinks i'm a cow my feelings are shattered what ever will i do guess i should just go cry because morningwood came up with the weakest come back since "no you are "

Sorry sweetheart your gonna have to come up with lot better if you gonna take down this Iron broad down

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
19-07-2016, 01:00 AM
(19-07-2016 12:50 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 12:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A cow like you would know that.

Really that's your best shot oh i'm so offend whoa is me morningwood thinks i'm a cow my feelings are shattered what ever will i do guess i should just go cry because morningwood came up with the weakest come back since "no you are "

Sorry sweetheart your gonna have to come up with lot better if you gonna take down this Iron broad down

Well If I knew you were this thicked skinned I wouldn't have held back. I was going to say, "A Mad Cow like you would know that".
19-07-2016, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 01:33 AM by OrdoSkeptica.)
(19-07-2016 01:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 12:50 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Really that's your best shot oh i'm so offend whoa is me morningwood thinks i'm a cow my feelings are shattered what ever will i do guess i should just go cry because morningwood came up with the weakest come back since "no you are "

Well If I knew you were this thicked skinned I wouldn't have held back. I was going to say, "A Mad Cow like you would know that".

Again really that's all you simply add the word mad to your already flimsy insult sheesh . That's like adding another sand grain to beach or blowing at a tornado pointless.You know what i'm gonna give you a hand here woody because throne knows you need it .

Now pay attention here how to insult me

Hey Bessy i guess would it kill you to learn some fucking basic grammar. Oh wait that would mean cramming lessons into that thick bovine skull yours. You know what that would be a waste your much better suited to your calling of dull witted mooing and filling the air around you with the smell of bullshit .

Now of course it won't do it now but had you the wit nature a halibut it probably would have had an impact now class dismissed

Your homework is a scavenger hunt to find a clue

[Image: giphy.gif]
19-07-2016, 02:03 AM
(19-07-2016 12:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I am comfortable with the position that it is not secularism per se that causes low fertility rates. That if given the choice human beings will choose not to reproduce in quantities sufficient to sustain their population. I said exactly that in the first post of this thread.

You also said:

(14-07-2016 02:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The existence of the human race might very well depend on the existence of religion.

And:

(14-07-2016 09:26 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Deeply religious people will go forth and multiply. Deeply religious people will tell themselves that God will provide for any children God decides to give them. Atheistic or nominally religious people will not. They will rationalize why they can't have kids or have more than 2.0 kids....but the reality is, they are being selfish.

Atheism is the road that kills off humanity. You shouldn't be proud to be an atheist.

And on and on and on throughout the thread.

Your position has quite clearly and explicitly been that atheism (through the mechanism of contraception - you tend to equivocate between the two) results in low birth rates, which results in the death of the human species. Trying to say, now that it has been made clear that you have no evidence supporting this argument, that you only ever meant that people won't reproduce sufficiently without divine commandments telling them to do so is both disingenuous and pointless.

Because it is still absolute nonsense with no supporting evidence.

(19-07-2016 12:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  But religion does help drive up fertility rates with its prohibition against birth control.

Some religions, as practiced by some adherents, include a prohibition against birth control.

(19-07-2016 12:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you accept that to be true, then you must accept that as these religious beliefs give way to secularism, fertility rates will drop.

But not to the degree that you argue.

(19-07-2016 12:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Consider this question. Would you rather live in a society where a lot of religious people abstain from birth control which results in sustainable fertility rates(above 2), or would you rather live in a society where in order to sustain fertility rates above 2, you have to have a government issued permit to use birth control?

If your only argument is to ask the opposition what they think it would be like if you were right, you do not have a very good argument.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
19-07-2016, 02:34 AM
(19-07-2016 02:03 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 12:40 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I am comfortable with the position that it is not secularism per se that causes low fertility rates. That if given the choice human beings will choose not to reproduce in quantities sufficient to sustain their population. I said exactly that in the first post of this thread.

You also said:

(14-07-2016 02:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The existence of the human race might very well depend on the existence of religion.

And:

(14-07-2016 09:26 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Deeply religious people will go forth and multiply. Deeply religious people will tell themselves that God will provide for any children God decides to give them. Atheistic or nominally religious people will not. They will rationalize why they can't have kids or have more than 2.0 kids....but the reality is, they are being selfish.

Atheism is the road that kills off humanity. You shouldn't be proud to be an atheist.
I agree those statements are a bit over the top. When I do these threads my thinking does gets more refined. That is one reason why I do them.

Now I won't completely disavow those statements because there is some truth to them. There are a lot of people on this forum who would like to see a world where there is no religion. I do not think that would be a better world over the long run.

Without religion, I see a couple of possible outcomes. We permit birth control so that a fertility rate of about 2.0 is achieved. We start cloning/manufacturing humans and the pay government bureaucrats to raise them....or we manufacture humans in a mature state with preprogrammed egos.

I'd rather see a world where there are a sufficient number of devout believers who carry on the species than any of those other scenarios. You atheists need religion or some other (likely governmental) intervention to survive.
19-07-2016, 03:02 AM
(19-07-2016 02:34 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 02:03 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You also said:

And:
I agree those statements are a bit over the top. When I do these threads my thinking does gets more refined. That is one reason why I do them.

Now I won't completely disavow those statements because there is some truth to them. There are a lot of people on this forum who would like to see a world where there is no religion. I do not think that would be a better world over the long run.

Without religion, I see a couple of possible outcomes. We permit birth control so that a fertility rate of about 2.0 is achieved. We start cloning/manufacturing humans and the pay government bureaucrats to raise them....or we manufacture humans in a mature state with preprogrammed egos.

I'd rather see a world where there are a sufficient number of devout believers who carry on the species than any of those other scenarios. You atheists need religion or some other (likely governmental) intervention to survive.

By permit birth control, I mean you have to get permission from the government to use it.
19-07-2016, 05:04 AM
(19-07-2016 03:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 02:34 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I agree those statements are a bit over the top. When I do these threads my thinking does gets more refined. That is one reason why I do them.

By permit birth control, I mean you have to get permission from the government to use it.

You should move to China, genius.

Actually you fucking idiot believers are all we need to survive.
You do the breeding, and as soon as the kids come of age and realize what a pile of garbage they're been handed by people like you, .... boom, another atheist, without all the breeding trouble.

Fuck you are stupid, Blowme.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-07-2016, 07:41 AM
(18-07-2016 01:45 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Just because decapitation causes death, that doesn't mean cancer doesn't.

I have to give this indescribably meaningless analogy(?) the FIRST prize for my "2016 Most Stupid Response" award.

The Blowjobber also gets the Runner-Up prize, and of course the Third Place prize. Well done on the trifecta!

[Image: 0520f859115f3e290944efdbfa81a70704bd5a-wm.jpg]

Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-07-2016, 11:17 AM
(19-07-2016 05:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You should move to China, genius.

Actually you fucking idiot believers are all we need to survive.
You do the breeding, and as soon as the kids come of age and realize what a pile of garbage they're been handed by people like you, .... boom, another atheist, without all the breeding trouble.

Fuck you are stupid, Blowme.
Facepalm

When the Kanamits come, they're going to grab clowns like you first.