The Great Filter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-07-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: The Great Filter
Are we still on this?

If the limited scope math somehow worked that way truly generationally down to lower billions or below. There is still reason to think organizations, medical fields, government control, or just individuals would be aware of this if it was a fledgling problem and be fully in their functional ability to reproduce more if seen as some dire end.

..oh but it bothers you or some people to think of genetical engineering or forces besides religion incentivising or encouraging people to reproduce? Like a government could or how historically already is and has been the factor.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 12:50 PM by OrdoSkeptica.)
I'll just address your to "arguments" beacause there is not enough content to to stuff a mini ravioli

1. your a sociopath end of story

2.It doesn't matter what birth control schemes you cook up people won't go along with them. And will turn to illegal means to do so rather then submit to tyranny just as they always have .So for every PERMIT you issue i guarantee a thousand will have gone to illegal means to do the same this is a fight you cannot win .

[Image: giphy.gif]
19-07-2016, 01:11 PM
(19-07-2016 12:46 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  I'll just address your to "arguments" beacause there is not enough content to to stuff a mini ravioli

2.It doesn't matter what birth control schemes you cook up people won't go along with them. And will turn to illegal means to do so rather then submit to tyranny just as they always have .So for every PERMIT you issue i guarantee a thousand will have gone to illegal means to do the same this is a fight you cannot win .

I'm not interested in issuing permits Ordo, I never said that. I said that is one possible solution to the problem of low fertility rates that might be implemented. I'm not a sociopath either, I know that you think I am, but that is only because you are a moron.
19-07-2016, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 03:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-07-2016 11:17 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 05:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You should move to China, genius.

Actually you fucking idiot believers are all we need to survive.
You do the breeding, and as soon as the kids come of age and realize what a pile of garbage they're been handed by people like you, .... boom, another atheist, without all the breeding trouble.

Fuck you are stupid, Blowme.
Facepalm

When the Kanamits come, they're going to grab clowns like you first.

When the Kanamits come,
they can solve yer pops-you-(wish you could still get a) lay-but-shun(ed) problem. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-07-2016, 01:29 PM
(19-07-2016 02:34 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Now I won't completely disavow those statements because there is some truth to them. There are a lot of people on this forum who would like to see a world where there is no religion. I do not think that would be a better world over the long run.

Yes, you've said this. But the only way in which you have concretely identified a way in which you think that the world would be worse - population decline - is completely unsupported by the evidence.

(19-07-2016 02:34 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Without religion, I see a couple of possible outcomes. We permit birth control so that a fertility rate of about 2.0 is achieved. We start cloning/manufacturing humans and the pay government bureaucrats to raise them....or we manufacture humans in a mature state with preprogrammed egos.

I'd rather see a world where there are a sufficient number of devout believers who carry on the species than any of those other scenarios. You atheists need religion or some other (likely governmental) intervention to survive.

Repeating baseless drivel does not make it anything other than baseless drivel.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
19-07-2016, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 02:46 PM by OrdoSkeptica.)
(19-07-2016 01:11 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 12:46 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  I'll just address your to "arguments" beacause there is not enough content to to stuff a mini ravioli

I'm not interested in issuing permits Ordo, I never said that. I said that is one possible solution to the problem of low fertility rates that might be implemented. I'm not a sociopath either, I know that you think I am, but that is only because you are a moron.

1. A suggestion is an interest Either way it will fail and birth control will as used as it now

2.Yes you fit the text book notion of a psychotic someone who lacks empathy

3. Again you simply can't grasp the concept of an insult can you guess you can't teach the unteachable

4. and your idea of devout is simplistic bullshit

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-07-2016, 01:44 AM
(19-07-2016 02:35 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  1. A suggestion is an interest Either way it will fail and birth control will as used as it now

I agree that permits will fail. I suspect that women will be paid to have babies that are then raised by state employees, or we will simply manufacture mature human beings with state programmed personalities.. But then we just might die out.

Before the above is tried, there state will offer large financial incentives to people to have children. I suspect these are going to fail too but that is the subject of another thread.

Ordo, I understand that this problem of low fertility rates isn't important to you. Because right now, just like a cow like you would do better to shed a few pounds, the earth would do better to shed a few billion humans. Nevertheless low fertility rates are going to be a problem sooner than you think.
20-07-2016, 02:11 AM
(20-07-2016 01:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 02:35 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  1. A suggestion is an interest Either way it will fail and birth control will as used as it now

I agree that permits will fail. I suspect that women will be paid to have babies that are then raised by state employees, or we will simply manufacture mature human beings with state programmed personalities.. But then we just might die out.

Before the above is tried, there state will offer large financial incentives to people to have children. I suspect these are going to fail too but that is the subject of another thread.

Ordo, I understand that this problem of low fertility rates isn't important to you. Because right now, just like a cow like you would do better to shed a few pounds, the earth would do better to shed a few billion humans. Nevertheless low fertility rates are going to be a problem sooner than you think.

Whereas the death toll inflicted by religion is very much a problem right the fuck now.

#Priorities.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
20-07-2016, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2016 02:28 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(20-07-2016 02:11 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Whereas the death toll inflicted by religion is very much a problem right the fuck now.

#Priorities.

Religion has never threatened the existence of the species. If fertility rates continue to move downward and don't reverse course...we are done as a species.
20-07-2016, 02:28 AM
(20-07-2016 02:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 02:11 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Whereas the death toll inflicted by religion is very much a problem right the fuck now.

#Priorities.

Religion has never threatened the existence of the species. If fertility rates continue to move downward....we are done as a species.

I've already provided, repeatedly, multiple examples of how religion is doing exactly that. You ignored them.

There's no point repeating them. You weren't capable of honestly addressing the points then, and you won't do so now.