The Great Filter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-07-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: The Great Filter
(20-07-2016 02:28 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 02:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Religion has never threatened the existence of the species. If fertility rates continue to move downward....we are done as a species.

I've already provided, repeatedly, multiple examples of how it is doing exactly that.

Those examples failed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2016, 02:40 AM
(20-07-2016 01:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 02:35 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  1. A suggestion is an interest Either way it will fail and birth control will as used as it now

I agree that permits will fail. I suspect that women will be paid to have babies that are then raised by state employees, or we will simply manufacture mature human beings with state programmed personalities.. But then we just might die out.

Before the above is tried, there state will offer large financial incentives to people to have children. I suspect these are going to fail too but that is the subject of another thread.

Ordo, I understand that this problem of low fertility rates isn't important to you. Because right now, just like a cow like you would do better to shed a few pounds, the earth would do better to shed a few billion humans. Nevertheless low fertility rates are going to be a problem sooner than you think.

Your seeming non developed understanding of the actual field of scientific reproduction being worked on is perhaps why you deem this to be a growing potential issues. Your growing theme of it not being simply fixable if it was deemed a world problem by humans, then it would change.

Why si that? is there any rational reason or is it just fine with your fallacious logic in other arguments upon this thread in your attempted conclusions that you may use it more or are you seemingly bothered by something deeper?

If you weren't always focused on, oh i am aggressive not like those Passive forum dissenters, and you stuck to the same questioning but were able to formulate thoughts in a skeptical or open ended manner, opposed to full on statements of assumptions, assertions, and ignorant proclamations that just faulty inaccurate logical thinking, you'd make some fine points here and there. Thought it's all up to what you want, some folks are more into drumming up responses opposed to communicating in ways of potentially opening new mental grounds for others and themselves.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-07-2016, 02:52 AM
(20-07-2016 02:31 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 02:28 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  I've already provided, repeatedly, multiple examples of how it is doing exactly that.

Those examples failed.

Really? Where did you address them?

... I just went back through the thread looking for where you addressed them.

You didn't.

Are you just declaring them failures out of hand and arbitrarily and hoping we will trust you on the subject? If so, you are severely overestimating the strength of our respect for your declarations. Perhaps we need to be clearer about the degree to which we hold your statements in esteem.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
20-07-2016, 04:01 AM
Sigh typical multi fails by morningwood

1. He keeps repeating his dumb ever sifting dune of of of camel turds

2. He refuted nothing i said nor dose seems to even understood it

3. Cow is really the best he can come up with for an insult and after multiply tries to make it offensive it still fails (what do they say about insanity again) heck it doesn't even make sense how the hell would he know if i need to lose weight or not?

4. Yup as i said psychopath

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-07-2016, 04:24 AM
(20-07-2016 02:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 02:11 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Whereas the death toll inflicted by religion is very much a problem right the fuck now.

#Priorities.

Religion has never threatened the existence of the species. If fertility rates continue to move downward and don't reverse course...we are done as a species.

30 years war 1618-1648

Protestants versus catholics. Estimated total lethality 20%-45%. In some areas only 1/3 of the population survived. Took more than 100y to recover from.

For comparison: Death toll of black death 1347-1353: 1/3 of the population killed (admittedly on a larger scale).

But lack of religiousity will result in extinction of mankind. Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
20-07-2016, 05:16 AM
(20-07-2016 02:31 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Those examples failed.

LOL... such an in-depth response! And with so much evidence to back up this claim. Blowjobby has such exemplary debating skills and a command of logic. Who could argue against him? Facepalm

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
18-08-2016, 03:37 PM
There ya go, genius ... Blowme.
There is no way the population of this planet is decreasing.

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/...ate-change

http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/ne...eport.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-08-2016, 03:50 PM
To be honest, it probably wouldn't be such a bad thing if we went extinct (just not good for us).

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post