The Great Global Warming Swindle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2011, 10:49 AM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle
I'm actually glad that climate change has seeped into politics and big business. If we want to change out ways, this issue needs to seep into all aspects of life. The fact that we are passing laws to push for fuel-efficient cars and that business are trying to become more green in hopes of attracting customers show just how deep this cause is getting into our world. It's not the sounds of a dying movement, but the sounds of a movement finding success.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2011 01:18 AM by Filox.)
OK, so it appears I was wrong in some things. Fine, you made your point.

Now concerning deforestation... This is the main reason everybody has to fight for legalizing INDUSTRIAL hemp, or Cannabis. It produces more oxygen than any other plant, it produces 4 times the amount of paper normal trees produce, it uses no pesticides it is a one season plant, grows quite fast so in a matter of months you have fully grown tree ready for cutting, not like "normal" trees that take around 20-40 years to grow. So if you want to stop or, at least slow down global warming, "weed" is the best solution.

Long live the HEMP!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-06-2011, 01:54 AM
(11-06-2011 12:38 AM)Filox Wrote:  OK, so it appears I was wrong in some things. Fine, you made your point.

Now concerning deforestation... This is the main reason everybody has to fight for legalizing INDUSTRIAL hemp, or Cannabis. It produces more oxygen than any other plant, it produces 4 times the amount of paper normal trees produce, it uses no pesticides it is a one season plant, grows quite fast so in a matter of months you have fully grown tree ready for cutting, not like "normal" trees that take around 20-40 years to grow. So if you want to stop or, at least slow down global warming, "weed" is the best solution.

Long live the HEMP!

Absolutely 100% agree. Hemp is extremely ecologically friendly. It would be grown in fields usually planted with grains or cotton that are poor oxygen producers. It's a crop that is naturally weed resistant, and will tolerate ground cover weeds with no ill effects, resulting in less care for the plant (less chemicals/machinery/irrigation = less polution) It makes stronger, longer lasting clothing. I could go on for days singing the praises of hemp. Especially as a clothing producer.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-06-2011, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2011 04:00 AM by Filox.)
So you see, there is no country or politician who is generally interested in reducing global warming, they are all liars and thieves. There is not a single state in this world to promote hemp as environmental friendly plant. There are no states that have banned cutting trees for paper and instead stared using hemp as new source of paper. Whatever they tell you that they did for the Earth or the global warming, it's all for nothing because the trees are still being cut down and the cotton is still being grown for clothes and hemp is still illegal all over the world, except France and Netherlands. I think Canada is also one of few countries that have legal industrial hemp. And not even those counties promote hemp as it should be promoted. So the whole "war against global warming" is one big scam by corporations, no body really cares. By nobody I think about country politics, not individually.

Have you seen the documentary Coconut Revolution? That is how you fight pollution and large corporations, with guns and dynamite. Bougainville Island is the only ecological revolution that ever happened on this planet.

-Hunter S. Thompson
11-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I would look up "climate change" instead of "global warming" since the term "global warming" is generally used by the skeptics (for lack of a better term) and "climate change" is generally used by scientists. The real danger is the stopping of the North-Atlantic current, which is dependant on the balance of salinity (salt to fresh water) to continue. This is what keeps Spain a tropical country, and makes Europe relatively warm considering it's latitude. If you were to cancel out this current (which melting ice very well could do by throwing off the salinity balance) then we would usher in an ice age.
13-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Yes, "climate change" is much more accurate. Global warming sounds like South Park... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2syzxPND8QE

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
14-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Hello, here's a website that provides an alternative viewpoint on global warming. Hope you all enjoy this website. http://friendsofscience.org/

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
15-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Do you see? I'm not the only one who thinks that not everything is done by people... Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
15-06-2011, 02:46 AM
(15-06-2011 02:32 AM)Filox Wrote:  Do you see? I'm not the only one who thinks that not everything is done by people... Smile

Big Grin My stand is that climate change is a natural occurrence, however we should still protect the environment such that the pollution caused will not harm our health, and to allow the regeneration of resources.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
15-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Well yeah, if you follow the past, you can see that a lot of climate changes occurred during history, and at a time no man-made industries were there to mess with the environment. I am also sure that we have contributed to all sorts of problems on Earth, but there is so many factors for all these climate changes, I think we are only a small wheel in all that chaos. The forces of nature a way too powerful for us to destroy it that easy. If we push it, we may see the full power of it.

-Hunter S. Thompson