The Great Global Warming Swindle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2011, 08:09 AM

RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle
An other indication of climate change.
"Experts are now probing whether this period of inactivity could be a second Maunder Minimum, which was a 70-year period when hardly any sunspots were observed between 1645-1715, a period known as the "Little Ice Age."
Scientists predict rare 'hibernation' of sunspots
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2011, 10:49 AM
(15-06-2011 08:09 AM)LittleOne Wrote:  An other indication of climate change.
"Experts are now probing whether this period of inactivity could be a second Maunder Minimum, which was a 70-year period when hardly any sunspots were observed between 1645-1715, a period known as the "Little Ice Age."

Yeah, I saw that article too, but they are doubtful if the decreased solar activity will do much to offset greenhouse gases. We can see this trend already.

[Image: cycleT.png]

Solar activity has been dropping, but temperature keeps going up Undecided

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Why do I get the feeling we are inevitably FUCKED as an entire species ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
18-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Global climate change is a natural process for the Earth. It appears that the most devastating mass extinctions in history are due to rapid changes in Earth's climate via natural processes (volcanic eruptions, destabalization of vast reservoirs of methane, feedback loops, etc). We have to adapt with the enviornment not try to change it. At one point in time England grew grapes and made wine that rivaled the best French wines to the point where the French levyed large tariffs on it to prevent French wine producers from going belly up (prior to the Little Ice Age). Is there evidence for Anthropogenic forcing of climate? Maybe. Is there evidence for Antrhopogenic pollution that causes an increased rate in medical conditions such as asthma and cancer? Yes. We need new sources of energy and better standards to protect our health AND we need to begin preparing for climates to change by planning out new crop locations and water usage.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
20-06-2011, 02:48 PM
(18-06-2011 04:13 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Why do I get the feeling we are inevitably FUCKED as an entire species ?

Maybe because you are learning from the past: most of the species that ever lived on this planet are now extinct (or fucked to use your vocabulary). I don't see why humans should expect anything different.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
21-06-2011, 03:38 AM
(15-06-2011 10:49 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(15-06-2011 08:09 AM)LittleOne Wrote:  An other indication of climate change.

Yeah, I saw that article too, but they are doubtful if the decreased solar activity will do much to offset greenhouse gases. We can see this trend already.

[Image: cycleT.png]

Solar activity has been dropping, but temperature keeps going up Undecided

The time period seems short for a general trend of fluctuations in Earth's temperature. Solar activity may not be the only cause of global temperature changes as other people mentioned Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ