The Great Negotiator just got rolled!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2017, 08:20 AM
The Great Negotiator just got rolled!
On my phone so won't be highlighting the best parts (hint: all of it is the best part!)

This has made my day, best news since Trumplethinskin took office...great negotiator my ass. Laugh out load

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powe...2c0ac38b4c

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
01-05-2017, 08:33 AM
RE: The Great Negotiator just got rolled!
Laugh out load I hope he gets all the cooperation he deserves until he is cashiered.

I got a card for the "RNC Presidential Advisory Board" (I'm registered as a Republican so I can get their propaganda). I'm being asked for a donation. Instead, I'm going to send a scathing letter.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-05-2017, 08:42 AM
The sooner he gives up even the pretense of doing the job, the better.

In other "presidential" news, there's this fabulous quote, trump musing about how we could have avoided the Civil War...all it needed was a dude with bigly deal-making skills. Because, ya know, true genius is asking those questions that no one else does, like "why was there a Civil War?" Facepalm

"I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, “There's no reason for this.” People don't realize, you know, the Civil War — if you think about it, why? People don't ask that question, but why was there a Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...3d22f29c4b
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
01-05-2017, 08:49 AM
(01-05-2017 08:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  On my phone so won't be highlighting the best parts (hint: all of it is the best part!)

This has made my day, best news since Trumplethinskin took office...great negotiator my ass. Laugh out load

Yup! This article made my morning, and is well worth the time to read.

The finding bill runs through September. Key points:
1. $1.5 billion for border security, but no money for a border wall, and there are blocks against using security funding money for a wall.
2. No cut to funding for sanctuary cities.
3. Trump wanted $18 billion cut in non-defense spending. Instead, it will go up.
4. Trump budget called for a $1.2 billion cut to NIH funding. Instead, NIH funding has been increased by $2 billion.
5. He wanted to defund ARPA-Energy. It's getting a $15 million increase in funding.
6. Trump budget asked for 33% cut in funding to the EPA. It was cut by 1%.
7. No cut in funding to Planned Parenthood.
8. $12.5 billion increase in military spending. TrumpBudget called for $30 billion increase.
9. Budget blocks the Justice Department from restricting the dispensing of medical marijuana in states where it has been legalized.
10. Continues to pay ACA subsidies.

I'm waiting to see how Spicer and Conway will spin this into a win for Trump.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 5 users Like Rockblossom's post
01-05-2017, 08:50 AM
(01-05-2017 08:42 AM)julep Wrote:  The sooner he gives up even the pretense of doing the job, the better.

In other "presidential" news, there's this fabulous quote, trump musing about how we could have avoided the Civil War...all it needed was a dude with bigly deal-making skills. Because, ya know, true genius is asking those questions that no one else does, like "why was there a Civil War?" Facepalm

"I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, “There's no reason for this.” People don't realize, you know, the Civil War — if you think about it, why? People don't ask that question, but why was there a Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...3d22f29c4b

Meanwhile in the war room plans to attack North Korea are bandied about. Facepalm

The boy is clueless.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
01-05-2017, 08:52 AM
(01-05-2017 08:49 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 08:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  On my phone so won't be highlighting the best parts (hint: all of it is the best part!)

Yup! This article made my morning, and is well worth the time to read.

The finding bill runs through September. Key points:
1. $1.5 billion for border security, but no money for a border wall, and there are blocks against using security funding money for a wall.
2. No cut to funding for sanctuary cities.
3. Trump wanted $18 billion cut in non-defense spending. Instead, it will go up.
4. Trump budget called for a $1.2 billion cut to NIH funding. Instead, NIH funding has been increased by $2 billion.
5. He wanted to defund ARPA-Energy. It's getting a $15 million increase in funding.
6. Trump budget asked for 33% cut in funding to the EPA. It was cut by 1%.
7. No cut in funding to Planned Parenthood.
8. $12.5 billion increase in military spending. TrumpBudget called for $30 billion increase.
9. Budget blocks the Justice Department from restricting the dispensing of medical marijuana in states where it has been legalized.
10. Continues to pay ACA subsidies.

I'm waiting to see how Spicer and Conway will spin this into a win for Trump.

Thanks for hitting the highlights! It's hard to do on the phone while doing a little jig. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Oh, this is precious! He got his butt handed to him.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-05-2017, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 09:41 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(01-05-2017 08:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  This has made my day, best news since Trumplethinskin took office...great negotiator my ass. Laugh out load

Just like Romney said, Trump is a fraud. He doesn't have the political capital, the legal knowledge, the people skills, or the educational background to make government work in the ways he promised. He's the poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect. At best, he will "win" when he goes along with the Republican agenda, and even that is iffy with the Republicans split on too many issues.

My present fear is that Trump's desire to win will result in him lashing out and starting a war with North Korea. His lack of self-awareness is a big national security risk. Perhaps his generals can keep him in line.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
01-05-2017, 09:39 AM
(01-05-2017 08:50 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Meanwhile in the war room plans to attack North Korea are bandied about.

I shall call him Roland the orange headless Thompson gunner.

Come to think of it, excitable boy also works.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-05-2017, 10:08 AM
At this point in time I can't imagine but what trump will be rated as one of the worst presidents in American history. If not at the very bottom then second to the bottom, although I can't imagine anyone worse than trump. James Buchanan is ranked at the bottom but I really think trump is going to bump him off his perch.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post