The Greatest Hoax ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: The Greatest Hoax ever
Quote:So, you are judging intelligence by pitting 2000 year old religious tradition against the innate evolutionary instinct of a fish?
Not exactly, I am judging the gullibility, older than the 2000 yr. The gullibility may be caused by the lack of use of intelligence capability. Catholics and other religious HS have a talent for disconnect, .....or the ability to turn off the reasoning ability of the cerebrum whenever they like. Natural Selection at work,...maybe? The future looks dim.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 04:22 PM
(24-04-2013 04:04 PM)Buddy Wrote:  
Quote:So, you are judging intelligence by pitting 2000 year old religious tradition against the innate evolutionary instinct of a fish?
Not exactly, I am judging the gullibility, older than the 2000 yr. The gullibility may be caused by the lack of use of intelligence capability. Catholics and other religious HS have a talent for disconnect, .....or the ability to turn off the reasoning ability of the cerebrum whenever they like. Natural Selection at work,...maybe? The future looks dim.

*facepalm*

...wow.

Fish are not "gullible".

You have to have intelligence to be gullible.

You are saying Catholics are "gullible". In relation to what? Other people? If so, what about the fish that you mentioned? Or is that irrelevant now? So, are you admitting that you abused the hyperbole? Or, did you just want to insult a group of people to feel superior?

Still trying to figure out the point of your post.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Is there an actual point here or am I missing something?

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
24-04-2013, 04:36 PM
(24-04-2013 04:25 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Is there an actual point here or am I missing something?

If you find one, please tell me. I'm trying my hardest.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-04-2013, 06:09 PM
I think he's just venting about how wacky xtians can be, and he doesn't like that some people get power using religion.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
24-04-2013, 06:17 PM
What part of it are you referring to as a "hoax?" That Christians exist? They exist my friend. That the religion known as Christianity exists? It exists. That the bible is a hoax? That sounds more likely to be what you were referring to (and more appropriate since quite a bit of the bible is pure bullshit).

[Image: giphy.gif]
24-04-2013, 06:53 PM
(24-04-2013 04:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 04:25 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Is there an actual point here or am I missing something?

If you find one, please tell me. I'm trying my hardest.
No, you are not trying, you are being obtuse. You would never catch a Brook trout.
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy's post
24-04-2013, 07:03 PM
(24-04-2013 06:17 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What part of it are you referring to as a "hoax?" That Christians exist? They exist my friend. That the religion known as Christianity exists? It exists. That the bible is a hoax? That sounds more likely to be what you were referring to (and more appropriate since quite a bit of the bible is pure bullshit).

No, not even that works. A hoax requires that the makers new what they were doing was false and did it anyway to deceive someone else.

To say that it's false is one thing.

To say that it's a hoax is something else entirely.

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
24-04-2013, 07:29 PM
(24-04-2013 07:03 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 06:17 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What part of it are you referring to as a "hoax?" That Christians exist? They exist my friend. That the religion known as Christianity exists? It exists. That the bible is a hoax? That sounds more likely to be what you were referring to (and more appropriate since quite a bit of the bible is pure bullshit).

No, not even that works. A hoax requires that the makers new what they were doing was false and did it anyway to deceive someone else.

I wasn't even saying it works, I was just saying it seemed to be more relevant if you broke up "Christianity" into components.

[Image: giphy.gif]
24-04-2013, 07:34 PM
(24-04-2013 07:03 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  

So, are you saying those practicing catholic shamanism by claiming they talked with the spirit of John Paul and found out that he cured the nun(forgot her name)from the grave at her request, actually believe this themselves? These are the top leadership of this catholic cult, and you are saying they believe this impossibility? This may be worse than a hoax. Einstein called it childish superstition. Thomas Jefferson called it monkish ignorance. Catholics turn out by the hundred of thousands just to catch a glimpse of the popemobile turning a corner. Jesus!

Quote:A hoax requires that the makers new what they were doing was false and did it anyway to deceive someone else
You don't think that Paul knew he was lying? Listen friend, cults can not grow without lies, pure fabrication, and the creation of miracles, otherwise no faith would be required. The bigger the lies, the more faith required, the bigger the cult, the bigger the payday, the bigger the hoax.
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy's post