The Greatest Lie Ever Told: God Loves Everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: The Greatest Lie Ever Told: God Loves Everyone
God likes upper- class, Aryan, white, straight, Protestant males with no mental or physical defects

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2012, 07:29 PM
(31-07-2012 09:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(31-07-2012 09:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Seriously, KC, it just doesn't matter.

We don't have the originals, we can use textual analyses to approximate them.
In the end, atheists see it as a book of superstition and fables and the precise translation just isn't the issue.

It is if it's blatantly mistranslated.

Yeah, that'll happen when you don't have God's help in translating his own very important book. That would be nice, but God's too busy, obviously.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
(31-07-2012 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I just smh at a lot of these translations.

I understand that your comment was about the unicorn verse, but do you have alternative translations that differ significantly from the list in the OP?
04-08-2012, 12:49 PM
(30-07-2012 09:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The greatest lie ever told is that the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is even fucking imaginable, let alone tenable.

You really never tire of that line, do you? Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-08-2012, 03:00 PM
(30-07-2012 09:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The greatest lie ever told is that the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is even fucking imaginable, let alone tenable.

Did you mean imagiable,cause I can imagne it. Tenable, however thats a different kettle of fish.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user