The Greatest Mass Murderer of All Time Is...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2010, 03:45 PM
The Greatest Mass Murderer of All Time Is...
... the god of the bible of course Tongue

Apparently, the bible lists approx 2.2 million- 2.4 million people that God murdered. (This is not counting the innumerable numbers dead in the flood, random slaughtering of cities, and some famines, etc.)

How many people does Satan/the Devil/the seven-headed dragon (whatever you want to call him) kill? According to the bible, about 10.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/...bible.html

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/...rancy/3582

So, who's really the evil one here? Satan tempts a couple of people, and suddenly he's the bad guy? Makes perfect sense Big Grin

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2010, 04:00 PM
RE: The Greatest Mass Murderer of All Time Is...
Quote:So, who's really the evil one here? Satan tempts a couple of people, and suddenly he's the bad guy? Makes perfect sense Big Grin
Yea but Gods intentions were good and just. Sort of...Confused

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
20-11-2010, 04:33 PM

Numbers like that certainly put that Godly characteristic of, "omnibenevolence" into perspective, don't they?
Not to mention omniscience created the Devil, so that his antithesis for souls is not really an adversary but a co-conspirator, within the domain of God's omniscient omnipresence, where humans "free will" is made null and void.

Ah, Heaven!
Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I did some reading on this a while back and the guy whos blog I was reading had made estimates based on known city sizes of the time and came up with around 60 million killed by god, and also did some estimates for satan that came up to only 50 dead because of him.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
20-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Thats like people being scared shitless of sharks because sharks kill about 15 people a year, but almost no one actually wants to learn to drive properly even though car accidents kill about 250,000 a year. The power of the human mind to comprehend reality is grossly underwhelming.