The Greatest Possible Prayer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2013, 08:15 AM
RE: The Greatest Possible Prayer
"I thought freethinkers don't believe in evil?"

Free thinkers is a label. Some people don't believe there is evil and some people accept that people do evil.

"~ don't understand why the rapist is more evil than the non-rapist. How
are you determining this, since procreation is a natural urge?"

Rape has nothing to do with procreation. It is an act of violence that has its roots in psychological trauma.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 11:50 AM
RE: The Greatest Possible Prayer
(08-03-2013 08:03 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Free will is in Heaven. The people there will want to worship God and do right. Free will is in Hell also.

As for earthquakes and hurricanes and etc. there are many benefits to land, vegetation and etc. -- they are quite cleansing. From a naturalist's perspective, catastrophes may have influenced Evolution or Punctuated Equilibrium greatly, so I don't see them as "bad" and am not sure why you do.

You make an interesting point about evil choices. How did you define which choices are evil and which are good? I thought freethinkers don't believe in evil?

I could almost agree with you about the rapist's free will, but again, I don't understand why the rapist is more evil than the non-rapist. How are you determining this, since procreation is a natural urge?

God is certainly willing or wishing to grant all salvation. He did at the cross. Will you now receive it freely of your own will?
If you believe that people in Heaven have free will, then you've made my point that you can have free will without having evil choices available.

You're not baffled about why natural disasters are "bad", because if you had the option to bring a storm onto a neighborhood as opposed to not, you clearly wouldn't choose to do it. That's because people get hurt in storms, lose their possessions, sometimes losing their lives. These are "bad" outcomes. The pain and suffering of individuals far outweighs the benefits to things without feeling -- land, vegetation, etc. -- and an omnipotent God could have designed a system in which land could gain the same benefits without destruction to people.

You seem ignorant about how atheists define morality, and if it weren't the end of my lunch break then I'd take the time to educate you. I will later inform you about ethics, the objective standard of morality.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post