The Green Party: A credible alternative?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 05:38 AM
The Green Party: A credible alternative?
God damn it, you guys from the US really don't get a break. I was looking up third party candidates today and came across one Jill Stein from the Green party during my research. I thought to myself "A party focused on environmental issues? That's not bad, we have something like that here as well." I figured they'd be pro-science because they advocate taking action against Global Warming (something the Republican candidates don't plan on doing), but it turns out they're just as bad as the others. Jill Stein gave an interview yesterday in which she was asked about her stance on nuclear energy, vaccines and homeopathy. What ensued was an ignorant rant about how dangerous, dirty and expensive nuclear energy is and some conspiracy nonsense about Big Pharma that would have put I and I to shame. Apparently, pro-homeopathy, anti-nuclear, anti-GMO and anti-vaccine positions are part of the official party platform.

If this is your alternative, God help you all. No wonder third party candidates are never elected president. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
12-05-2016, 05:44 AM
RE: The Green Party: A credible alternative?
Third Parties aren't viable, and it's because the math doesn't work. Until the voting system itself is revamped to something other than first-past-the-post, winner-take-all, then it was always inevitably devolve into a two-party system where people are voting against what they fear most.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-05-2016, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 06:00 AM by ClydeLee.)
(12-05-2016 05:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  God damn it, you guys from the US really don't get a break. I was looking up third party candidates today and came across one Jill Stein from the Green party during my research. I thought to myself "A party focused on environmental issues? That's not bad, we have something like that here as well." I figured they'd be pro-science because they advocate taking action against Global Warming (something the Republican candidates don't plan on doing), but it turns out they're just as bad as the others. Jill Stein gave an interview yesterday in which she was asked about her stance on nuclear energy, vaccines and homeopathy. What ensued was an ignorant rant about how dangerous, dirty and expensive nuclear energy is and some conspiracy nonsense about Big Pharma that would have put I and I to shame. Apparently, pro-homeopathy, anti-nuclear, anti-GMO and anti-vaccine positions are part of the official party platform.

If this is your alternative, God help you all. No wonder third party candidates are never elected president. No

never elected president... ha.. oh so sad how much it seemed you gave respect.

How about how they're never elected to anything higher in most areas than sanitation district leaders. They've gotten some mayors or other town based leaders in areas but there isn't even a single state member of a states house/senate of the green party. One person in Maine at one time being in their state house of representatives is noted as the highest elected office of the party.

There isn't a reasonable push. Even when it comes to the Libertarian party most guys who may be libertarian in their scope still won elections via the Republican party like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

But to the point of the ideas, the green party members these days are occasionally of the mindset or try to cater to that organic natural things are pure type of mentality.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-05-2016, 06:12 AM
(12-05-2016 05:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I was looking up third party candidates today and came across one Jill Stein from the Green party during my research.

EK already explained the math with the first past the post system. I really wish we had a preferential system more like Australia's. Also, their voting holidays seem like a good idea, too.

(12-05-2016 05:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Jill Stein gave an interview yesterday in which she was asked about her stance on nuclear energy, vaccines and homeopathy. What ensued was an ignorant rant about how dangerous, dirty and expensive nuclear energy is and some conspiracy nonsense about Big Pharma that would have put I and I to shame. Apparently, pro-homeopathy, anti-nuclear, anti-GMO and anti-vaccine positions are part of the official party platform.

Oh wonderful. Huffington Post is propping up a candidate.

(12-05-2016 05:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  If this is your alternative, God help you all. No wonder third party candidates are never elected president. No

Ugh. So, if only God can help us, and he doesn't exist, we're proper fucked, aren't we?
12-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Anyone who thinks a third party candidate isn't viable - apparently hasn't heard of those upstart Republicans..

Signed

The Whigs, The Federalists and the Democratic/Republicans...
12-05-2016, 06:39 AM
(12-05-2016 05:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  God damn it, you guys from the US really don't get a break. I was looking up third party candidates today and came across one Jill Stein from the Green party during my research. I thought to myself "A party focused on environmental issues? That's not bad, we have something like that here as well." I figured they'd be pro-science because they advocate taking action against Global Warming (something the Republican candidates don't plan on doing), but it turns out they're just as bad as the others. Jill Stein gave an interview yesterday in which she was asked about her stance on nuclear energy, vaccines and homeopathy. What ensued was an ignorant rant about how dangerous, dirty and expensive nuclear energy is and some conspiracy nonsense about Big Pharma that would have put I and I to shame. Apparently, pro-homeopathy, anti-nuclear, anti-GMO and anti-vaccine positions are part of the official party platform.

If this is your alternative, God help you all. No wonder third party candidates are never elected president. :no:

Ummm, why are you so obsessed with US politics ?
Maybe you should stick to figuring about Angie Merkle and her problems.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-05-2016, 07:00 AM
(12-05-2016 06:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ummm, why are you so obsessed with US politics ?
That's a very stupid question. It's like if I were to ask you why you, as an atheist, are so obsessed with the history of Christianity and the Bible.

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
12-05-2016, 07:15 AM
(12-05-2016 07:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ummm, why are you so obsessed with US politics ?
That's a very stupid question. It's like if I were to ask you why you, as an atheist, are so obsessed with the history of Christianity and the Bible.

...that is a solid question, what makes that a stupid question?

Plenty of Atheists have no desire to give a shit about the bible or christianity, some may actually be focused on other religious histories or have no care for any history at all. It's not also some easy catchall inferrable answer to why they are interested in it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-05-2016, 07:56 AM
(12-05-2016 07:15 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That's a very stupid question. It's like if I were to ask you why you, as an atheist, are so obsessed with the history of Christianity and the Bible.

...that is a solid question, what makes that a stupid question?
It's a stupid question because the implication is that one should only be passionate ("obsessed") about something if one is a part of that something. His suggestion that I should stick to German politics because I'm not from the US is about as nonsensical as the suggestion for him to refrain from studying the Bible because he's not a Christian. You can be interested in whatever you want regardless of where you're from or what your background is.

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
12-05-2016, 08:43 PM
(12-05-2016 07:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

So what should I stick with then ?
Actually it's not, You don't live here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.