The Green Party: A credible alternative?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: The Green Party: A credible alternative?
(12-05-2016 08:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So what should I stick with then ?
Actually it's not, You don't live here.

Actually, the question is not stupid per se, but it was a bit pointless and the comment accompanying it was quite, well, rude. It's like saying "Why are you obsessed with penguins? You don't live in Antarctica". You were also implying that he shouldn't be concerning himself with US politics. Why? What's wrong with it?

You don't need to live in a country in order to be preoccupied with what is happening there. In fact, the results of this presidential election will affect the whole planet, since this is the president of the USA we're talking about. Everyone is preoccupied with it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
13-05-2016, 11:19 AM
(12-05-2016 07:56 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:15 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  ...that is a solid question, what makes that a stupid question?
It's a stupid question because the implication is that one should only be passionate ("obsessed") about something if one is a part of that something. His suggestion that I should stick to German politics because I'm not from the US is about as nonsensical as the suggestion for him to refrain from studying the Bible because he's not a Christian. You can be interested in whatever you want regardless of where you're from or what your background is.

The analogy is false. Europeans and those who live in the US both have to deal with religion as a regular part of life. The rest is more than obvious. The question is valid.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-05-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm looking harder at Gary Johnson assuming he's the Libertarian candidate.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-05-2016, 12:28 PM
(13-05-2016 11:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm looking harder at Gary Johnson assuming he's the Libertarian candidate.
How hard? Like climbing a mountain hard or getting into a political debate as a 3rd party hard?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
13-05-2016, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2016 01:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-05-2016 12:28 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 11:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm looking harder at Gary Johnson assuming he's the Libertarian candidate.
How hard? Like climbing a mountain hard or getting into a political debate as a 3rd party hard?

Like your old man morning wood hard.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Gary Johnson is a pretty decent candidate, just not the best speaker. He has a pretty good AMA reddit session if anyone is interested, I'll probably be voting for him (again) come November, no point in voting in the primary anymore though since I'm a registered Rep in California though, DRUMPF is now the only choice, maybe I'll write someone in. Sadcryface2

Closed primaries suck ass I'd like to point out, also being last to vote. It's bullshit that the most populous state has NO say in presidential candidates. Fuck Iowa (and NH). Weeping

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson