The Green Thread.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2014, 03:42 PM
RE: The Green Thread.....
(11-08-2014 10:54 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  There is nothing against using firewood or making log cabins or chopping down trees to make furniture~!

Until 7 billion people are doing it...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 04:00 PM
(11-08-2014 03:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 10:54 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  There is nothing against using firewood or making log cabins or chopping down trees to make furniture~!

Not to be argumentative old friend, but.....properly maintaining and using wood IS a good idea, BECAUSE we are so overpopulated. That's not to say lumber is sustainable, but nothing is with this population. We need to start viewing wood as a renewable resource. But that's just the start.

There's other options we need to start exploring if we're going to survive as a species. How about replacing corn fields with cannabis? Some of the recent brekthroughs in using cannabis fibres for building materials are impressive.

What does deserve our attention is the wasted wood in the pulp industry. That's one hell of a way to squander a limited resource. Think about that next time you wipe your ass. It isn't the oak chair in your living room, it's the roll next to your toilet and the stack in your printer that are wasting our rainforests.

But what do I know?

Drinking Beverage

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
11-08-2014, 04:04 PM
yay, it's stark!! Big Grin

[Image: dlapuo244d3.png]
11-08-2014, 04:05 PM
(11-08-2014 04:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 03:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  Until 7 billion people are doing it...

Not to be argumentative old friend, but.....properly maintaining and using wood IS a good idea, BECAUSE we are so overpopulated. That's not to say lumber is sustainable, but nothing is with this population. We need to start viewing wood as a renewable resource. But that's just the start.

There's other options we need to start exploring if we're going to survive as a species. How about replacing corn fields with cannabis? Some of the recent brekthroughs in using cannabis fibres for building materials are impressive.

What does deserve our attention is the wasted wood in the pulp industry. That's one hell of a way to squander a limited resource. Think about that next time you wipe your ass. It isn't the oak chair in your living room, it's the roll next to your toilet and the stack in your printer that are wasting our rainforests.

But what do I know?

Drinking Beverage

Well I plead guilty to using loo paper but I hardly use a printer Tongue Also, wow, so cool to see you back here again Smile Smile Smile

I was just... it struck me a while ago that 7 billion people is a metric fuck ton of people. Actually... let's say the average person weighs 50kg, that means 20 people to a metric ton, that means... 0.35 billion metric fuck tons of people.

And ja, if each of those people wants to eat a fish - we can wipe out entire species in a day!... it's pretty mad...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-08-2014, 04:06 PM
(11-08-2014 03:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  

well we could also have 7 billion people planting trees ideally.

how many people actually use wood stoves anymore?
11-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Wood stoves are another kernel that gets stuck in my gums.

An efficient wood stove is an excellent, environmentally friendly, economical, and sustainable source of heat.

It's all about the reburn folks. Smile

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
11-08-2014, 04:39 PM
since there's so many people on the earth why don't we just eat other human beings instead of burying them. that would save so many animals. and why do we eat so many fish and cows when we could eat aborted fetuses. theres so many of those.