The Gun Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Gun Thread
I carry a CZ75 SP01-Phantom most of the time, but I have a Ruger SR9C for greater concealability (wearing light clothes, etc)

My first gun was a Taurus PT92FS. It is a great gun that was really inexpensive and very accurate for a cheap gun. I've put over 20,000 rds through that gun and never had a problem with it.

I also have a Remington 870 Express. Joe Biden is right, there is nothing like a shotgun for home defense. However, don't fire warning shots into the air like he recommends. It's irresponsibly dangerous and most likely illegal to do so. If you're gonna fire a warning shot, put it into the dirt.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2013, 01:49 PM
I hate guns. (except in Deus Ex) THE END

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 3 users Like TSG's post
22-09-2013, 12:26 PM
(20-09-2013 01:49 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I hate guns. (except in Deus Ex) THE END

Then kindly don't post on this thread, por favor. It's for shooter and gun owners who want to chat about their wares.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
22-09-2013, 12:29 PM
I have a nerf gun. Lots of darts. My aim is superb.
22-09-2013, 12:32 PM
(22-09-2013 12:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a nerf gun. Lots of darts. My aim is superb.

Those are fun for waging a little office warfare on a late Friday afternoon.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
22-09-2013, 12:34 PM
(22-09-2013 12:32 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 12:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a nerf gun. Lots of darts. My aim is superb.

Those are fun for waging a little office warfare on a late Friday afternoon.

Thats the only gun I love! (That and Lasertag) I'm more a longbow kinda gal. But I had to share my love of all things Nerf. I'll let you guys return to the more serious deal now. Smile
22-09-2013, 12:52 PM

[Image: 9f6.gif]
22-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Re: RE: The Gun Thread
(20-09-2013 01:37 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  If you're gonna fire a warning shot, put it into the dirt.

There is no such thing as a warning shot.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
22-09-2013, 08:23 PM
My thoughts exactly. If I feel threatened enough to pull out my pistol (or any gun for that matter) and aim it at you, it's going to be a center-mass. Fortunately, in my civilian life I've only felt threatened enough to put a hand on my pistol twice, and I never had to point at anyone. I hope I never do. Once an angry road raging driver followed me, and when I stopped parked his car and charged at my window like a lunatic. I wound up driving off after he tried to punk me out or something. Little did he know I hand my left hand on my pistol, just in case he pulled one. The other time a lunatic shot my sisters dog with a .22 in my parents yard. I was in the yard with my much younger brother. I ran to my truck and was fucking irate. The gunman could've easily shot my brother by accident. Never caught the shooter and the dog lived after a trip to the vet.

23-09-2013, 07:19 AM
(22-09-2013 05:01 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 01:37 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  If you're gonna fire a warning shot, put it into the dirt.

There is no such thing as a warning shot.

Oh, I agree with you and Dark Light. A warning shot betrays your position and invites return fire. I've never had to pull my gun and hope I never do, but center of mass is where every shot is headed.

Also "There is no such thing as overkill: Only open fire and reload"

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister