The Gun Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2012, 12:17 PM
RE: The Gun Thread
It scares me when people have that many guns. Maybe it is just because I live somewhere that guns are not readily available. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 12:38 PM
lol. I bought them over a long period... Not that large a collection compared to many, plus as far as danger is concerned, one gun vs. several makes no difference. Mine are all locked in a safe with 1.5" steel walls & door, rated to 3hrs in a fire @ 1400 F... Ammo is kept elsewhere. Most are registered except the .22 rifles (gifts), Lee Enfield (gun show, private purchase) and the Kentucky Long Rifle (hand built). I only have ammo on hand for the Mosin Nagant and the AR-15, since those are the two I take to the range the most (volume = cheaper w/ ammo). The others are as useful as bats or thrown objects for defense Tongue

Better without God, and happier too.
10-06-2012, 07:58 PM
(10-06-2012 12:00 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Heh... I've still got a decent collection from a while back (haven't bought a new one in a while though). It's fairly varied, no two identical type guns other than the WWII rifles (collect for historical interest). Enjoy the collection from my gun nut days:

British Lee Enfield .303
1944 91-30 Mosin Nagant (every gun guy has one)
Bushmaster AR-15 A2 rifle, match barrel
Rossi Model 92 .44 magnum
Glenfield Model 60 .22 rifle
Remington Model 581-S .22 rifle
Rock Island M1911A1 .45acp
Taurus Model 608 (6.5" barrel)
Browning Buck Mark Camper .22 handgun
.50 cal Kentucky Long Rifle flintlock (handmade by myself w/ a gunsmith)

Collection:
[Image: 7uB8R.jpg]

Handbuilt Kentucky Long Rifle:
[Image: UqgqT.jpg]
That's a nice toy box!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
10-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I got a Noble .22. It's lever action and has a tubular feed magazine.
Found it in pieces in my Dads garage last summer (that's your winter) and he said if I could put it back together I could have it. So 20minutes later and I owned a rifle.
Problem is the firing pin has been shaved down so it can't actually shoot unless I get another one which sucks balls, wanted to shoot me some rabbits.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-06-2012, 09:58 PM
i'm a "gun guy" as well. i carry a taurus 9mm millenium pro every day, and pretty much everywhere i go. i'm going to buy a ruger LCP pretty soon cuz they are so small and would be easy to carry, and also so that there will be a gun at home with my wife while i'm not there. i would love to have a collection, but the funds just aren't there right now, collecting guns is expensive!

some time in the near future i'd like to get the S&W M&P 15-22 rifle just for fun at the range.
11-06-2012, 08:05 AM
(10-06-2012 08:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I got a Noble .22. It's lever action and has a tubular feed magazine.
Found it in pieces in my Dads garage last summer (that's your winter) and he said if I could put it back together I could have it. So 20minutes later and I owned a rifle.
Problem is the firing pin has been shaved down so it can't actually shoot unless I get another one which sucks balls, wanted to shoot me some rabbits.
What do you have to do as far as registering that gun with the local authorities in Australia?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

11-06-2012, 08:16 AM
(10-06-2012 09:58 PM)ohh EPiC FAiL Wrote:  i'm a "gun guy" as well. i carry a taurus 9mm millenium pro every day, and pretty much everywhere i go. i'm going to buy a ruger LCP pretty soon cuz they are so small and would be easy to carry, and also so that there will be a gun at home with my wife while i'm not there. i would love to have a collection, but the funds just aren't there right now, collecting guns is expensive!

some time in the near future i'd like to get the S&W M&P 15-22 rifle just for fun at the range.
Nice. I like the Taurus line of handguns and I want to get a Raging Bull in .44 Magnum. Never shot the Ruger LCP but I do own a Ruger Single Six Convertible .22LR/.22WMR as well as a Ruger Mark III hunter - both nice guns.

I think you'll be happy with a S&W M&P 15-22. I have always been happy with Smith & Wesson Products, owning an M&P Pro Series 9mm (customized with a 3.5lb trigger), an M&P .22 and a Model 686 Plus in .357 Magnum (beautiful gun!).

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

11-06-2012, 10:59 AM
This is going to show my age but I like the old 1911 Smile I like a .45

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
(11-06-2012 08:16 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(10-06-2012 09:58 PM)ohh EPiC FAiL Wrote:  i'm a "gun guy" as well. i carry a taurus 9mm millenium pro every day, and pretty much everywhere i go. i'm going to buy a ruger LCP pretty soon cuz they are so small and would be easy to carry, and also so that there will be a gun at home with my wife while i'm not there. i would love to have a collection, but the funds just aren't there right now, collecting guns is expensive!

Nice. I like the Taurus line of handguns and I want to get a Raging Bull in .44 Magnum. Never shot the Ruger LCP but I do own a Ruger Single Six Convertible .22LR/.22WMR as well as a Ruger Mark III hunter - both nice guns.

I think you'll be happy with a S&W M&P 15-22. I have always been happy with Smith & Wesson Products, owning an M&P Pro Series 9mm (customized with a 3.5lb trigger), an M&P .22 and a Model 686 Plus in .357 Magnum (beautiful gun!).
yeah taurus makes nice guns at good prices, that's why i bought mine. i want the LCP since it's super small and i can just throw it in my pocket, and rugers are nice and smooth. i was going to get the keltec P3AT but after messing with one at bass pro, i think i'll spend the extra coin for the ruger.

the 15-22 looks great. i've read up on it quite a bit and it gets good reviews, and it's cheap. i'd love to have an AR15 but even if i bought one, i'd just put a .22LR receiver on it for cheaper ammo anyway so i figure i'm just as well off getting the 15-22

(11-06-2012 10:59 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  This is going to show my age but I like the old 1911 Smile I like a .45
the 1911 is a great design, nothing wrong with liking it. i'm currently taking classes to be a precision machinist and i'm very strongly considering getting the license to produce firearms, and if i do i'll likely just make custom 1911 parts.
12-06-2012, 02:18 PM
(11-06-2012 10:59 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  This is going to show my age but I like the old 1911 Smile I like a .45

Nothing wrong with a classic 1911. The Philippine brand Rock Island Armory makes some great 1911s at really great prices.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"