The Gun Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Re: The Gun Thread
The rail mount LMT 203's are the nice ones, because they don't mount to the barrel at all, so they don't mess with zero, and come off the gun easier.

1600-1800 plus tax stamp for the 9".

The last time I looked(2 years ago), the trainer-poof rounds were 9$ a pop in lots of colors.

I have a friend who's Knights Armament's mil liason, so he get's to test all their cool shit.

I used to think working around gun's was a 'dream job' till I actually started doing it. LOL not so much.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: The Gun Thread
(17-08-2013 05:31 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Why in the hell would people need a 'nade launcher O.o Cool I guess, but totally over the top...

What do you need a corvette for? They're fun to own!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
17-08-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2013 06:26 PM by Azaraith.)
But you can use a Vette without going somewhere special to use it - no range anywhere near me would consider letting you shoot grenades... Plus I can see why Vettes are fun, but nades would be exciting maybe the first few times then boring once you're used to it - they only do one thing and you can't get better at it, unlike driving a Vette. Might be fun to show friends, but then again you might get a reputation for being the creepy guy who has nades. Most people are somewhat uncomfortable around guns, nades would make many flat out panic and make for the door...

Better without God, and happier too.
17-08-2013, 06:32 PM
(17-08-2013 06:22 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  But you can use a Vette without going somewhere special to use it - no range anywhere near me would consider letting you shoot grenades... Plus I can see why Vettes are fun, but nades would be exciting maybe the first few times then boring once you're used to it - they only do one thing and you can't get better at it, unlike driving a Vette. Might be fun to show friends, but then again you might get a reputation for being the creepy guy who has nades. Most people are somewhat uncomfortable around guns, nades would make many flat out panic and make for the door...

Aiming them is a skill that takes practice.

At least two clubs near me allow them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2013, 07:01 PM
But shouldn't be that hard. It's not as if you have to be spot on, it's a grenade...

17-08-2013, 07:10 PM
(17-08-2013 05:58 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 05:31 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Why in the hell would people need a 'nade launcher O.o Cool I guess, but totally over the top...

What do you need a corvette for? They're fun to own!

Exactly the response I was going to post. Hell, I used to own a 199 MPH Hayabusa... No need for that. But I owned it. Other things we don't need.

More than 400sf per person in a home.
More than 2000 calories a day
Tattoos
Individualized haircuts
(Chose your hobby)'s most expensive upgrades. In my case, I have NO reason to own $700 roller skates.
Most any gun more powerful than a 22 or a 12 gauge is probably overkill.

You got the money? You got the itch? Go get one, two, three, or a dozen of whatever floats your boat.

I'd like to take a crack at that grenade launcher. And at the end of the day, I do not believe in initiating violence against others, but blowing a little crater in the earth sounds fun.
17-08-2013, 07:26 PM
A little bit black-and-white thinking there... A grenade is a military weapon with only one use: blowing things up. No self defense rationale, no hunting, no target practice, just shoot it and watch the boom. Plus most would find you creepy once they found out you have them. I'm not a minimalist, but some things are just stupid to own, like. 50 cal Barretts, machine guns and grenade launchers. Flat-out creepy to own one, makes me think psychopath or just immature...

17-08-2013, 07:46 PM
(17-08-2013 07:26 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  A little bit black-and-white thinking there... A grenade is a military weapon with only one use: blowing things up. No self defense rationale, no hunting, no target practice, just shoot it and watch the boom. Plus most would find you creepy once they found out you have them. I'm not a minimalist, but some things are just stupid to own, like. 50 cal Barretts, machine guns and grenade launchers. Flat-out creepy to own one, makes me think psychopath or just immature...

They're a hoot. Blowing things up is fun.

There are a great number of collectors of military weapons. It's a hobby.

Butterfly collectors are creepy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2013, 07:53 PM
(17-08-2013 07:26 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  A little bit black-and-white thinking there... A grenade is a military weapon with only one use: blowing things up. No self defense rationale, no hunting, no target practice, just shoot it and watch the boom. Plus most would find you creepy once they found out you have them. I'm not a minimalist, but some things are just stupid to own, like. 50 cal Barretts, machine guns and grenade launchers. Flat-out creepy to own one, makes me think psychopath or just immature...

I know several people who own Class III weapons like those mentioned. I don't think they are creepy or immature. I have no idea where you would get that idea.

They're just a like any other weapons collector.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
17-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Hmmm...Well

I got a few. My first was a .40 Baby Eagle (Jericho) which I sold last year. At the moment I have a

pre-WWI K98ka (sometimes called az) Mauser in 8mm Mauser
A Remington 552 Speedmaster in .22 LR/L/S
A Mosin Nagant, 31
Smith & Wesson M&P(C ) in .40 S&W

That's it. No plans on getting anything else in the near future.