The Gun Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: The Gun Thread
Girly's got guns. Mossberg shotguns. Why? 1) 'Cause I can't aim worth a shit and that ain't all that important with a shotgun, general direction will do. 2) 00 buckshot will cut a full grownass man in two. And 3) I'd have to go through some pretty serious contortions to off myself with it. I ain't got a problem with you fuckers owning whatever sorta firepower you want, but Joe Biden's right, for home defense nothing beats a shotgun. Tongue

Girly's got a gun. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2013, 03:12 PM
(18-08-2013 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly's got guns. Mossberg shotguns. Why? 1) 'Cause I can't aim worth a shit and that ain't all that important with a shotgun, general direction will do. 2) 00 buckshot will cut a full grownass man in two. And 3) I'd have to go through some pretty serious contortions to off myself with it. I ain't got a problem with you fuckers owning whatever sorta firepower you want, but Joe Biden's right, for home defense nothing beats a shotgun. Tongue

Girly's got a gun. Big Grin

Yabut, a shotgun can't kill zombies at 300 yards. Checkmate. Tongue

18-08-2013, 03:37 PM
(18-08-2013 03:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yabut, a shotgun can't kill zombies at 300 yards. Checkmate. Tongue

300 yards? Fuckers can't even smell me that far downwind. I treat zombies the same way I treat rats. I eat them and put their heads on stakes to warn off the smart ones. The stupid ones? Well parts is parts. Drooling

Think this fucker created some controversy recently when he posted some political bullshit, but I think he knows that of which he speaks. Big Grin

18-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Re: The Gun Thread
Wow, it amazes me how on a "free thinking" atheist forum, you can still find a plethora of people who assign unbased stereotypes to groups of people.

There are a lot of things that are creepy. Giant holes in your basement, 70's Ford vans, giving out free candy, FB perving on people you don't know, Herbert from Family Guy and his love for popsicles and paper boys. But a class III guy owner actual grenades? All that says to me is this person is fortunate to the cash to blow on expensive stuff.

BTW Actual black powder and mokeless powder(used in reloading/handloading) are not the same thing. Smokeless powder isn't regulated in anyway because it's not an explosive, but rather a propellant.
18-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Perhaps creepy isn't the right word, perhaps uncomfortable? I definitely don't mean creepy like a pedophile, more like the guy who makes you feel like you're not sure whether or not he fantasizes about taking down the government or going vigilante on criminals.

I'm not creeped out or disturbed by it, but I know plenty of people would be since most would assume they're illegal to begin with and then wonder why you want explosives... Just saying, unless you only hang out with country folk or people that are very comfortable with weaponry then you might get a slight reputation for being "off" by talking about your grenade launchers, etc.

And that black powder vs smokeless powder distinction was what I was thinking of, just couldn't recall what smokeless powder was. I don't think smokeless powder could be used to create an explosive like black powder can.
18-08-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2013 04:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-08-2013 03:58 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Wow, it amazes me how on a "free thinking" atheist forum, you can still find a plethora of people who assign unbased stereotypes to groups of people.

There are a lot of things that are creepy. Giant holes in your basement, 70's Ford vans, giving out free candy, FB perving on people you don't know, Herbert from Family Guy and his love for popsicles and paper boys. But a class III guy owner actual grenades? All that says to me is this person is fortunate to the cash to blow on expensive stuff.

BTW Actual black powder and mokeless powder(used in reloading/handloading) are not the same thing. Smokeless powder isn't regulated in anyway because it's not an explosive, but rather a propellant.

(18-08-2013 04:22 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Perhaps creepy isn't the right word, perhaps uncomfortable? I definitely don't mean creepy like a pedophile, more like the guy who makes you feel like you're not sure whether or not he fantasizes about taking down the government or going vigilante on criminals.

I'm not creeped out or disturbed by it, but I know plenty of people would be since most would assume they're illegal to begin with and then wonder why you want explosives... Just saying, unless you only hang out with country folk or people that are very comfortable with weaponry then you might get a slight reputation for being "off" by talking about your grenade launchers, etc.

And that black powder vs smokeless powder distinction was what I was thinking of, just couldn't recall what smokeless powder was. I don't think smokeless powder could be used to create an explosive like black powder can.

Hippie ass Girly's career started out as a weapons engineer. I wrote software to test proximity fuzes for tactical nuclear warheads. A colleague said we should test this shit out on howitzers. A howitzer ended up being delivered to his fucking house. The police were called. There are limits. ... But hippie ass Girly misses the days when he could make an actual difference.

18-08-2013, 05:46 PM
The Gun Thread
I've got a safe full of them upstairs. Love my guns.
19-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Re: RE: The Gun Thread
(18-08-2013 04:22 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Perhaps creepy isn't the right word, perhaps uncomfortable? I definitely don't mean creepy like a pedophile, more like the guy who makes you feel like you're not sure whether or not he fantasizes about taking down the government or going vigilante on criminals.

Most people's understanding of firearms's themselves and their function do attach a stigma to weapons, yes. They are often unfounded. Class III guys are the people you don't need to worry about in society. They've walked the straight and narrow. I may be wrong, but since the 1934 NFA laws have been enacted, there have been 2 crimes committed with legally owned NFA machine guns. One of which was by a Ohioan cop. It's literally a non-issue.

A lot of people also think strange things of people who have lifted trucks, that they must be compensating for something.
19-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Whether or not the fears are founded doesn't change the fact that people hear "grenade launcher" and think "wtf, illegal!" and then "eek!" We can't change that so working within that context is necessary. Same with a lifted truck - if you want to do that, you have to be realistic about realizing there is a stigma there too.

Better without God, and happier too.
19-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Re: RE: The Gun Thread
(19-08-2013 07:41 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Whether or not the fears are founded doesn't change the fact that people hear "grenade launcher" and think "wtf, illegal!" and then "eek!" We can't change that so working within that context is necessary. Same with a lifted truck - if you want to do that, you have to be realistic about realizing there is a stigma there too.

WTF is your problem?nobody goes around rambling about their grenade launcher.