The Happy side of Christopher Hitchens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 08:27 PM

The Happy side of Christopher Hitchens
I couldn't think of a better place to put this so thought I would place it here. He is my favorite atheist and seems to always be fighting with his back to the wall. So I went over tons of clips searching for a quick smile and made a get well video. Tell me what you think...

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WalkingFish's post
30-05-2011, 08:45 AM
RE: The Happy side of Christopher Hitchens
Well, that was depressing. Good though, no doubt.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks. I've been more or less angry with him for months. More sympathetic now.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
14-06-2011, 04:21 PM
(14-06-2011 12:30 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Thanks. I've been more or less angry with him for months.

Why? What happened?
15-06-2011, 12:03 PM

I really hope he will recover.
16-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Christopher Hitchins is one of my most favorite people in the world. Saddens me greatly to see him in ill health.
20-06-2011, 06:13 PM

Lovely video and great to see his smile. I had the distinct pleasure of an impromptu meeting with Mr. Hitchens during the 2006 Freedom from Religion Annual Convention in Madison. He was standing outside the hotel enjoying a cigarette when I ambled by, then on impulse, turned and blurted out "I loved your book!" (I had just finished god is Not Great.) He was quite gracious in response, thanking me and shaking my hand. I explained "you give me the words I do not have myself to explain my nontheist position." He replied that this type of comment meant more to him than any award - that it was the true reason he wrote on the topic. Our conversation continued over a drink in the bar where he was of course surrounded by many other admirers, engaging him in lively conversation. It's not a meeting I will forget. A brilliant, brave man and truly one of the greatest public intellects gracing the world of atheism and politics today.
20-06-2011, 07:19 PM
You know what the saddest part is. I guarantee there are faithful out there who either think he is getting punished by god for his atheist beliefs or are happy he is suffering. If not both. I don't wish that on them, and I'm sure he doesn't either, but it never seems to work both ways does it? Video is sad also.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user