The Hardest 2 questions you could ever ask a Christian.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 10:59 AM by TheJackal.)
RE: The Hardest 2 questions you could ever ask a Christian.
Quote:Exemplars of what do you think?

Of existence of course... But hey, we can replace me or you with what we are required here to use to communicate on this forum with.. Hence we can substitute you or I with "language", the internet, and the alphabet to which you are using to demonstrate that you can not make such arguments here without them, or them being in and of existence for that matter. Empirically speaking, I have the upper hand here vs an appeal to ignorance you are looking to play on. Can I prove you exist?, no.. But even an argument regarding solipsism the two questions regarding the OP would still be valid along with its premises outlined.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheJackal's post
21-10-2012, 07:31 PM
(21-10-2012 12:08 AM)TheJackal Wrote:  It's simple to understand since Existence is stated here as Causality just as it is Reality itself. And Existence simply exists without creation due to the likely fact that non-existence can not ever actually and literally exist as an existing person, place, object, substance, or thing.

You're equivocating existence. Of course theists believe that their god "has existence" (that is, he/she exists). Just because you define it differently doesn't mean that they have to. If I were a theist, I'd wave away the question as silly.

I really like the question about believing without the threat of hell. Does anybody become a Christian without being told about hell? Would anybody?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
21-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Question 1. What do you think is the root causeof your delusion ?

Question 2. Are people with brain disorders capable of rational thought ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
21-10-2012, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2012 08:32 PM by TheJackal.)
Quote:You're equivocating existence. Of course theists believe that their god "has existence" (that is, he/she exists). Just because you define it differently doesn't mean that they have to. If I were a theist, I'd wave away the question as silly.

If Reality is to exist, would it not need existence? equivocation argument can not be made regarding terms that are synonymous or when I am not misleading the use of the word.. In every respect I used the word in proper context. Existence isn't just a quality of your existence, or what you can have, it is something you must be a part of and exist in. Hence, saying you must be in existence to exist is not improper use of the term, or misleading. If you are going to claim it is misleading you need to demonstrate how it is. So I could simply ask you this.. : Is Reality a place of existence? Is this Universe a place of existence?

Now do they believe their GOD is in existence and has existence? You kinda need to be in and of existence to have existential value, or to be existent. But since everyone has an issue with the term Existence.. Lets reformat the questions

Quote:What is GOD without Reality?
And if Reality is not GOD, what in of reality are we supposed to consider as GOD?

Also, I do really like those other questions as well, but easily put down with just a simple "yes" because a belief in a God's existence is not dependent on whether or not Heaven or hell exist. At least that is what my reply would be as a theist.. :/
21-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I love existentialist debates. It's like watching four year olds argue whose dad is best. Neither side has the mental capability to do more than shout and squawk.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
21-10-2012, 08:32 PM
(21-10-2012 08:30 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I love existentialist debates. It's like watching four year olds argue whose dad is best. Neither side has the mental capability to do more than shout and squawk.

Lol.. Well it is just for the challenge of it as a thought experiment. I am being intentionally challenging here, but not for immature reasons though . Smile
22-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Well I am not sure this discussion will go much further even though I was hoping for alternative arguments to discuss.. I would like to thank everyone for challenging my position as well, and I appreciate your tolerance with my challenges in this thought experiment. I think the best arguments put forth here against the OP were that I can not with 100 percent certainty prove anything regarding your or my existence, and the argument that Christians would simply avoid and dismiss it as they will invent their own definitions and use of (whatever they may be).

Cheers! Smile
23-10-2012, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 07:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-10-2012 07:11 PM)TheJackal Wrote:  
Quote:Exemplars of what do you think? But hey, we can replace me or you with what we are required here to use to communicate on this forum with ...

Of existence of course...

Girly could be persuaded to go so far as to admit that is God. Wink

This is not my signature.
24-10-2012, 05:49 AM
(23-10-2012 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 07:11 PM)TheJackal Wrote:  Of existence of course...

Parochial, mystical bullshit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 11:49 PM
(23-10-2012 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 07:11 PM)TheJackal Wrote:  Of existence of course...

Yes Girly could, but that would make everyone here GOD as well, and thus moot again. Smile