The Headbangers thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: The Headbangers thread
Yeah. Priest and Maiden are slow by today's standards, but they (and other rock bands of the 70's and 80's) changed the landscape of music forever. I went on a serious musical journey through the 80's finding that video. Shared some concert footage of these bands to my 20 year old daughter. She said, "Now I see why you like ICP so much" meaning I really like the stage shows from back then.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2013, 11:48 PM

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
26-09-2013, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 12:43 AM by evenheathen.)
Old:

Newish:

Newer:
(you weird anime freaks should appreciate the video, solo shoved up your ass at 2:57, he doesn't even spit on the tip)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-09-2013, 12:39 AM

Black Friday is acually a downright scary song

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
26-09-2013, 12:46 AM
(26-09-2013 12:39 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Black Friday is acually a downright scary song

Fucking shame about Mustaine.....

~ Umberto Eco
26-09-2013, 12:56 AM
(26-09-2013 12:46 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 12:39 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Black Friday is acually a downright scary song

Fucking shame about Mustaine.....

What do you mean? Is it that he refuses to play Black Friday, Bad Omen and The Conjuring live, and that he has turned into a jebus loving, nutjob republican? I do agree with you if that's the shame you're talking about.

26-09-2013, 12:56 AM
(26-09-2013 12:56 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 12:46 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Fucking shame about Mustaine.....

What do you mean? Is it that he refuses to play Black Friday, Bad Omen and The Conjuring live, and that he has turned into a jebus loving, nutjob republican? I do agree with you if that's the shame you're talking about.

Exactamundo.

(exactly)

~ Umberto Eco
26-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Well, the gaming thing not so much. I refuse to play those games too, only my excuse is that I'm too old, have too many responsibilities and no time and never got into gaming in the first place. So I don't really hold that against him.

But all the rest of it, yes.

~ Umberto Eco
26-09-2013, 01:03 AM
(26-09-2013 12:56 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 12:56 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  What do you mean? Is it that he refuses to play Black Friday, Bad Omen and The Conjuring live, and that he has turned into a jebus loving, nutjob republican? I do agree with you if that's the shame you're talking about.

Exactamundo.

(exactly)

Well, it's an issue when the new stuff he is making doesn't sound good. The System Has Failed wasn't too horrible, but United Abominations to Thirteen was just lackluster as all hell. And now, we got Super Collider, or as I like to call it: Risk v2.0. The songs are boring, the riffs are stale, Drover has no energy or drive and Mustaine no longer has a voice. It's all downhill from here, not even the return of JR and the craftmanship of Broderick can save the band now.

26-09-2013, 05:16 AM
This is the Dave Mustaine I want