The Hidden Blind Faith of Christian Intellectuals that Makes Debates Pointless

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Hidden Blind Faith of Christian Intellectuals that Makes Debates Pointless
(16-04-2015 09:47 AM)emeraldcrown Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 05:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You could always link to the video and either include the H : M : S part you want in the URL, or you could just tell people what part to watch when you post the link.

I just know it's in there, I don't remember where anymore.
I did find a reference here on Craig's site to it. Apparently it's in the third debate.
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-first...-australia

Dr. Craig: Yes, that’s right. And you notice, Kevin, for those who will listen to all three dialogues, in the final dialogue in Melbourne he says this: “I came here thinking that Dr. Craig was a charlatan,” and he said, “I no longer believe that. I now think that he believes deeply what he says.”[5] So now he thinks that I’m just sincerely deluded but not a charlatan. And after the final dialogue in Melbourne, as we shook hands, he said to me privately, he said, “Bill” – we were on a first name basis by then – he said, “Bill, I have a note of faint praise that I want to convey to you. I realize it’s faint, but I do want to convey it to you.” And he said, “I now no longer think that you’re lying about the things that you say. I really do believe that you sincerely hold to the arguments that you offer.” And I said, “Well, thank you very much for at least that faint note of praise.” So his attitude did change to a degree. I still find it incredibly condescending to say that I’m a fool rather than a charlatan, but I guess I’d rather be thought a fool, Kevin, than a charlatan. I don’t mind people thinking I’m stupid but I am troubled when they attack my character, and say that I’m an immoral man.

Well, that's quite moving. "I apologize for calling you a charlatan. I was mistaken - you are simply delusional."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-04-2015, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2015 01:37 PM by Simon Moon.)
RE: The Hidden Blind Faith of Christian Intellectuals that Makes Debates Pointless
(15-04-2015 01:21 AM)emeraldcrown Wrote:  The thing is; they are mostly right.
- There is a remarkable number of historical evidence for Jesus Christ, the Jesus Christ, concerning his life and crucifixion. Here is a short but interesting video about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9CC7qNZkOE

There is no contrmporaty evidence of Jesus' existence.

ALL the so called evidence for his existence comes from writers who were born and lived too late.

And even if there was a historic person that the Biblical character of Jesus was based on (I believe there probably was), that alone does not offer a shred of evidence for any of the supernatural god claims attributed to him.

Quote:- There is also a good number of arguments for God’s existence that as of today remain undefeated, although much critiqued. These include the Kalam Cosmological argument, the Teleological argument, the Ontological argument, the Moral argument, etc.

All of these arguments contain at leas one fallacy and or, at least one of their premises is unsound.

They are self defeating.
Find all posts by this user
16-04-2015, 01:48 PM
(16-04-2015 01:33 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  All of these arguments contain at leas one fallacy and or, at least one of their premises is unsound.

They are self defeating.

But they haven't been defeated because reasons Rolleyes OP seems like some kinda apologist to me. Just the smell. Could be wrong.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-04-2015, 01:53 PM
I don't trust WLC as a source for claiming anyone praised WLC, faint though that praise might be. I'd rather see the guy who called him a charlatan recanting, without any reportage from the object of his criticism.
16-04-2015, 03:15 PM
(16-04-2015 01:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't trust WLC as a source for claiming anyone praised WLC, faint though that praise might be. I'd rather see the guy who called him a charlatan recanting, without any reportage from the object of his criticism.

It's in the video of the debate. Watch it if you are interested. But of course you aren't that interested, which makes this conversation pointless.

@morondog: You have a weird sense of smell. I just know philosophy. I'm not interested, however, in defending a position I do not hold (for reasons outlined in the OP and other various issues).
16-04-2015, 08:19 PM
He's means you've got the smell of a theist in atheist clothing.

Anybody that would defend WLC aka Creep Fingers and his Kalamity Cosmological bs hasn't done the reading or is being willfully ignorant.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
16-04-2015, 08:51 PM
(16-04-2015 08:19 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  He's means you've got the smell of a theist in atheist clothing.

Anybody that would defend WLC aka Creep Fingers and his Kalamity Cosmological bs hasn't done the reading or is being willfully ignorant.

Agreed, there is a difference between defending a decent argument or the character of someone who is worthy of it, and then doing the same for someone like WLC.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
16-04-2015, 10:41 PM
just go to antiCitizenX's youtube channel, his video debunk them and check out the resource library we have here
17-04-2015, 05:44 AM
Modified
As much as I would like to argue, I know that no one will profit from it. If If I wanted to show off I can't. If someone give me a gift can I take credit for it. If I find a wallet with an ID and full of money can I say it's mine. So it is with all that is in Facebook and all that I have. All that is good is from our common/mutual Father from above, anything incorrect or wrong is mine. When I say Father, I also mean that same energy that's in your body which can't be created nor destroyed and has no beginning nor ending. Which He stated is the beginning and ending. What mere human can describe the nature and character of energy over 2000 Years ago. And is able to give the purpose for mater and anti mater, 2 Ne 2:11 -must need be... an opposition in all things. If I were a God how would I teach and test my children. One would be to remove the pass so they wouldn't be influenced by pre earth life when they have to make important decisions here in this probationary state we call life. Also I believe so my children wouldn't be homesick. See D&C 67:10. Veil shall be rent and you shall see me. Other wise where does the energy in our body goes after this temporal body dies. jballadarez@yahoo.com FB, James A Balladarez
17-04-2015, 05:52 AM
(16-04-2015 08:19 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  He's means you've got the smell of a theist in atheist clothing.

I got pretty skeptical when I read this:

(15-04-2015 01:21 AM)emeraldcrown Wrote:  - There is also a good number of arguments for God’s existence that as of today remain undefeated, although much critiqued. These include the Kalam Cosmological argument, the Teleological argument, the Ontological argument, the Moral argument, etc.

Several people (myself included) detailed why these arguments don't hold any water.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post