The Hidden Blind Faith of Christian Intellectuals that Makes Debates Pointless

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2015, 06:29 AM
RE: The Hidden Blind Faith of Christian Intellectuals that Makes Debates Pointless
(17-04-2015 05:44 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  All that is good is from our common/mutual Father from above, anything incorrect or wrong is mine.

Instilling that sort of insidious nonsense is perhaps the biggest evil perpetrated by religion. It is a truly disgusting belief.

Quote:I also mean that same energy that's in your body which can't be created nor destroyed and has no beginning nor ending

The matter and energy can't be created or destroyed but "you" are only a temporary arrangement of that matter and energy. When that arrangement is sufficiently disrupted then what is "you" will cease to exist.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2015, 06:47 AM
RE: The Hidden Blind Faith of Christian Intellectuals that Makes Debates Pointless
(17-04-2015 05:44 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  ...
mater and anti mater,

Too Freudian for words!

Ohmy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
17-04-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm sorry but I'm confused. In one area your saying energy can't be destroyed but in a different area your saying it could. So which one is it. And you know that my (our ) energy will cease to exist, because?
17-04-2015, 08:30 AM
If you're using the conservation of energy as a leg to stand on for eternal life in the form of a living human, wouldn't that hold true for all living things?
17-04-2015, 08:45 AM
(16-04-2015 03:15 PM)emeraldcrown Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 01:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't trust WLC as a source for claiming anyone praised WLC, faint though that praise might be. I'd rather see the guy who called him a charlatan recanting, without any reportage from the object of his criticism.

It's in the video of the debate. Watch it if you are interested. But of course you aren't that interested, which makes this conversation pointless.

@morondog: You have a weird sense of smell. I just know philosophy. I'm not interested, however, in defending a position I do not hold (for reasons outlined in the OP and other various issues).

Give us the time stamp. I doubt anyone here is going to watch a two hour video featuring WLC. If you've heard him once, you've heard him enough.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Even if I claimed to be a Christian are they not allowed here. You guys help me to keep on my toes. I don't have any friends so here is a way to learn to communicate. I've sat with Christians and I get bored really quick. Maybe because I was in the army 12 years and the oil fields I GE at home here. I've never gone to college for studying about God. Bury I like it because it doesn't bore me as fast as other things. I used to love chess but that bores me now. Just sharing.
17-04-2015, 09:44 AM
(17-04-2015 07:22 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  I'm sorry but I'm confused. In one area your saying energy can't be destroyed but in a different area your saying it could. So which one is it. And you know that my (our ) energy will cease to exist, because?

Who are you responding to? I doubt anybody said our energy would cease to exist because it won't. The pattern, the organization, that is what makes each of us individuals will break down and the matter and energy will be recycled into new things. The matter and energy remains but it won't be forming "you" any longer so "you" will cease to exist while the physical things that make you up will still be here.

Think of a lego set. If you build a tower and then take it apart and build a house the tower no longer exists but the pieces are still there.

Quote:Even if I claimed to be a Christian are they not allowed here.

Sure they are, as long as they follow the rules of the board and don't piss off the moderators or the admins. Being Christian doesn't get you banned, being a jackass does.

17-04-2015, 10:08 AM
I was responding to #31, now I'm responding to#37, me and my girlfriend been drinking and we haven't gone to bed, to sleep. So bare with me. Can I ask you why you think the energy remains but it won't be forming me. I always thought the energy was me. Can you tell me please where our energy was before we came to earth. Also on my screen it doesn't allow me to go to any one person so I can share with any specific individual. How do I correct this.
17-04-2015, 10:32 AM
(17-04-2015 08:57 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  Even if I claimed to be a Christian are they not allowed here. You guys help me to keep on my toes. I don't have any friends so here is a way to learn to communicate. I've sat with Christians and I get bored really quick. Maybe because I was in the army 12 years and the oil fields I GE at home here. I've never gone to college for studying about God. Bury I like it because it doesn't bore me as fast as other things. I used to love chess but that bores me now. Just sharing.

Just a suggestion - if you are bored why not stop playing board games and pick up some science books on say evolution, relativity, physics, chemistry, biology, cosmology...and so on. There is a section in this forum with some great references to help one learn and marvel at how this world and universe works.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ce-Library

You don't have to look into the atheist themed references, but it is always a good thing to understand both sides of the table when it comes to accepting supernatural deity claims.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-04-2015, 10:38 AM
(17-04-2015 10:08 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  I was responding to #31, now I'm responding to#37, me and my girlfriend been drinking and we haven't gone to bed, to sleep. So bare with me. Can I ask you why you think the energy remains but it won't be forming me. I always thought the energy was me. Can you tell me please where our energy was before we came to earth.

"You" are a bunch of matter and energy that is arranged in a particular way. That arrangement is always changing so "you" are not exactly the same as you were in the past or what you will be in the future but it will still be "you". At some point you will die and the chemical reactions in you body will stop and the remaining energy will dissipate into the environment as heat. When that happens all of the pieces that make up "you" will still be there but the arrangement will be lost and what is left will no longer be "you". All the matter and energy that made up "you" will be broken apart and taken up to become part of other things (people, plants, animals, whatever).

Quote:Also on my screen it doesn't allow me to go to any one person so I can share with any specific individual. How do I correct this.

Are you using the mobile view or the full view? You should have a 'reply' option on each post which will automatically quote the original text. The 'new reply' option starts a brand new post with nothing quoted.