The History Channel...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM
The History Channel...
This Sunday they will have the premier of "The Bible"...
I'm sorry, did I miss something, I thought this was supposed to be the HISTORY Channel. Then again, around 12/21/12, they played shows about how the world could end in the future so...

Still, it's supposed to be educational, ya know, learning stuff... about history.
Hell, when it first started they played so much stuff about Hitler, I took to calling it the "Hitler Channel", since it's logo is just an "H". I know they've played tons of Christian related shows before, but at least they gave some real history in those shows, this is literally just "The Bible" as a documentary, as if the damn thing was factual history. What the hell? I suppose next they'll do the story of Mormonism, then Islam, then Buddhism, and finally finish it off with Xenu the Intergalactic Overlord....
and who is the sponsor... fuckin WALMART, the company that is about as ruthless and evil as a company could possibly be. I guess they're just trying to appeal to the poor sheep to come shopping. It's how you say "We're a Christian company" without actually saying it and getting sued.

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: The History Channel...
You mean, the "Ancient Aliens" channel? Tongue

What I do, when I'm feeling frisky, is google shit like "science documentary" and watch it on YouTube. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
(01-03-2013 06:53 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You mean, the "Ancient Aliens" channel? Tongue

What I do, when I'm feeling frisky, is google shit like "science documentary" and watch it on YouTube. Thumbsup
Ya I do that too, but sometimes I like to kick back in the recliner and just watch T.V., and I don't need my television shows, especially ones that are supposed to be factual, be sprinkled with fairy tales passed off as history.

Btw, I thought they were too busy with 300 episodes a week of Pawn Stars, Swamp Men, guys catching crabs, guys chopping down trees, guys making illegal booze, and shows about people who dig through the trash...

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
[+] 2 users Like DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
01-03-2013, 08:51 PM
i love ancient aliens.. its a bunch of bullshit but its entertaining.. i think this bible thing will be just as fun to see. it might fool the sheeple but those of us that know its fantisy should be able to enjoy it. im sure i will.
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM
I was gonna post this! You beat me to it. Tongue

I'm curious to see whether they present it as an in-depth account of the mythology (they've done similar things with Norse mythology), or if they're going to present it as actual history. If it's the latter; I've lost all hope. (What little I had left after Ancient Aliens, anyway)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
02-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Hey, Ice Road Truckers is totally a history! they're making history out there, driving their trucks in the cold!
I know a guy who thinks that witches were and are real, and even said once, "they even did programs about witches on the History Channel!" I... I just...
02-03-2013, 02:01 AM
(02-03-2013 01:32 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Hey, Ice Road Truckers is totally a history! they're making history out there, driving their trucks in the cold!
I know a guy who thinks that witches were and are real, and even said once, "they even did programs about witches on the History Channel!" I... I just...
Depends on what you mean exactly by "witch". Consider

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
02-03-2013, 02:08 AM
About the only thing I the History Channel that I still enjoy is Modern Marvels. I don't know what ti is about the program (maybe the narrator?) but they can get me to sit down and watch an hour long history behind the making of bricks...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-03-2013, 02:23 AM
(02-03-2013 02:01 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 01:32 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Hey, Ice Road Truckers is totally a history! they're making history out there, driving their trucks in the cold!
Depends on what you mean exactly by "witch". Consider

Well he didn't really define what he meant by witches (it said it in response to the article on the "witch" burned in Papua Ginea, and added that witches are awesome...)
So I don't think he was talking about some women using herbs to heal and such, supposedly, but to actual witches.
[+] 1 user Likes Vlad's post
02-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Witches are real. I sat at a light behind a lady with "An it harm none, do as you will" and a pentacle on the back of her SUV the other day.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.