Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies Trailer
(28-07-2014 08:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 08:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Shocking

Yes, feel my hobbit wrath. Evil_monster

Sadcryface2

(28-07-2014 08:49 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  First off, you really should read the Hobbit. Its a great book, and a super easy read. The movies are cute too but like I said they arent very close to the book. Jackson took a lot more liberties this time (compared to LOTR)

I think I may if I ever get the time or money to purchase the books.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2014, 08:51 PM
(28-07-2014 08:50 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I havent seen the second movie yet. I thought the second was the death of the dragon which meant that the series was over.

There is a third movie?[/align]

Yeah. Theres a big thing that happens after Smaug.
28-07-2014, 08:52 PM
(28-07-2014 08:50 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I havent seen the second movie yet. I thought the second was the death of the dragon which meant that the series was over.

Spoilers! Ohmy

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-07-2014, 08:52 PM
There should have only been 2 movies really.
28-07-2014, 08:55 PM
(28-07-2014 08:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  There should have only been 2 movies really.

How many books are there?

28-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Depends on what story youre talking about. Tolkien has mountains of stories from Middle earth. The best known though are The Hobbit. Which is a single book. Then there is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (which was actually supposed to be one book but they split it up due to paper shortages of the time) and then there is the Silmarillion, which is kinda like a Middle Earth bible. *edit* only WAY more interesting. Though it is still a very hard read.
28-07-2014, 09:01 PM
(28-07-2014 08:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Depends on what story youre talking about. Tolkien has mountains of stories from Middle earth. The best known though are The Hobbit. Which is a single book. Then there is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (which was actually supposed to be one book but they split it up due to paper shortages of the time) and then there is the Silmarillion, which is kinda like a Middle Earth bible. *edit* only WAY more interesting. Though it is still a very hard read.

Well I meant just The Hobbit series. Takes three movies to cover one book? or are they going past the book and doing new stuff?

28-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Sorry. I realise that answer was shooting off more information than you were asking for. Hobbit is only one book. Jackson originally was going to make two but then decided he needed a 3rd for some unknown reason (milking money i suspect while adding in crap that shouldnt be in there or was completely made up)
28-07-2014, 09:03 PM
(28-07-2014 08:52 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Spoilers! Ohmy

Spoilers? The movie title is the spoiler. That is like trying to say that Super Man dies in the movie the death of superman and someone crying out that you spoiled part of the movie to them.

Spoilers: The third movie will have five armies with probably five different races of people or from five different factions...and they are going to have a battle.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-07-2014, 09:09 PM
(28-07-2014 09:03 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 08:52 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Spoilers! Ohmy

Spoilers: The third movie will have five armies with probably five different races of people or from five different factions...and they are going to have a battle.

Jackson did kinda fuck the dog on that title didnt he? He should have kept it "There and back again"