The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 03:01 PM
The Holy Trinity Explained
For those of you who might be unclear as to how it really works:

The holy trinity consists of God the father, the son, and the holy spirit, which are all the same person: God. God the father, in verse John 3:16 of the Bible, “...gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” God the father did this so that Jesus, or God the son, could die for all of the sins that the people committed, that they would have a chance to be in heaven if they believe in God. If you look closely at the verse, it explains that in order to go to heaven, you must believe in God the father’s only begotten son, Jesus. If Jesus was not the son of God the father, we would all go to hell for believing in him, because Jesus would only be an idol to us. An idol is something that you love more than God. For us to worship an idol would be a sin, and would make us sinners, because Exodus 20:3-6 says:

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

Since Jesus is the son of God the father, and he is asking us to worship him, Jesus must be God the father, or else God would be saying that we should worship idols. Since God is asking us to worship Jesus, and not to worship idols, that makes Jesus not an idol, which makes Jesus the same person as God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
The Zevon trinity is much more sensible. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-04-2015, 05:18 PM
(15-04-2015 03:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  For those of you who might be unclear as to how it really works:

The holy trinity consists of God the father, the son, and the holy spirit, which are all the same person: God. God the father, in verse John 3:16 of the Bible, “...gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” God the father did this so that Jesus, or God the son, could die for all of the sins that the people committed, that they would have a chance to be in heaven if they believe in God. If you look closely at the verse, it explains that in order to go to heaven, you must believe in God the father’s only begotten son, Jesus. If Jesus was not the son of God the father, we would all go to hell for believing in him, because Jesus would only be an idol to us. An idol is something that you love more than God. For us to worship an idol would be a sin, and would make us sinners, because Exodus 20:3-6 says:

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

Since Jesus is the son of God the father, and he is asking us to worship him, Jesus must be God the father, or else God would be saying that we should worship idols. Since God is asking us to worship Jesus, and not to worship idols, that makes Jesus not an idol, which makes Jesus the same person as God.

That might be interesting if you had any evidence of the existence of any of those entities. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-04-2015, 05:23 PM
(15-04-2015 03:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  For those of you who might be unclear as to how it really works:

That was beautiful. Don't think I've ever seen a piece of deductive reasoning that clear and lucid and incontrovertible. But I feel like you are short-changing the Holy Spirit. Please work him into the argument since we are talking about The Holy Trinity after all.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2015, 05:25 PM
[Image: FB_IMG_1428002835601_zpsw8rhxed1.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
15-04-2015, 05:26 PM
(15-04-2015 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  

That might be interesting if you had any evidence of the existence of any of those entities. Drinking Beverage

True, we do not know for sure if God is existent, but if he is, then that would be correct.
15-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Oh I know how it works well.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-04-2015, 05:38 PM
The same goes for the Flying Spaghetti Monster. But, he is about as real as your silly yahweh.

BTW, you do know that this Trinity shit is 4th century malarkey, right. Or did they gloss over that in catholic school?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
15-04-2015, 05:51 PM
(15-04-2015 05:26 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  That might be interesting if you had any evidence of the existence of any of those entities. Drinking Beverage

True, we do not know for sure if God is existent, but if he is, then that would be correct.

Prove it.
Laughat

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
15-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I believe in the one TRUE GOD, Jibbers Crabst. You can't prove he doesn't exist, and I have lots of "evidence"...

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post