The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
(15-04-2015 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:22 PM)pablo Wrote:  I think I understand your strategy now.
Make an astounding number of unfouned assertions, and ridiculous claims.
When nobody here can stand to try reasoning with you anymore, go back and tell all your buddies you stumped us all.
You just don't matter enough to talk to any longer.

Nitwit thinks if he says the same thing over and over often enough, we will believe it. Perhaps if he says it over and over often enough, he will believe it.

Do you really want to know what I have been repeating all of this time? That we don't know if God is real. Do you believe that? Because I do. Were you too ignorant about my replies that you just gave up on this thread? THen you should have left a while ago.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2015 05:14 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-04-2015 08:29 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You’ve now said this several times. Others have pointed out your circular reasoning. I don’t think you have grasped why we are saying the above is circular reasoning.

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt this once and assume you are neither a troll or stupid. Lets take it line by line.

“The Bible tells us that everything in it is true” = you cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible. Do you understand why? It would be like saying the Q’ran is true because the Q’ran says it’s true. Does that make sense to you?

“the Bible would contradict itself” - the Bible has umpteen contradictions in it, so with your logic the Bible has to be false.

“for it would go against one of the ten commandments” - the very god in the Bible consitently breaks his own commandments or have you not read Genesis and Exodus?

“which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can’t happen because he is pure” - back to my first response, you cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible. Do you understand why?

I have most certainly grasped this circular reasoning. But this is not at all circular, it ends at one "if": If God exists or not. The rest is a circle. That is what I have been trying to explain. You see, IF God was real, so would be the Bible, and so would everything inside of it. That includes:

-The ten commandments
-The Bible calling itself true
-God being pure, and everything else about what God is

And so on.

And IF God was NOT real, then it would all be a load of baloney.

Wrong. We (scholars) already know it's a bunch of baloney. Archaeologists and Biblical Scholars have debunked pretty much all of it as being possibly historical. What conclusion you draw from that it up to you, but we KNOW FOR SURE, the Bible is NOT true, (in terms of it's historicity). You may not, but the fact that you're uneducated is not our problem.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2015, 08:39 PM
(15-04-2015 08:36 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
When nobody here can stand to try reasoning with you anymore, go back and tell all your buddies you stumped us all.

Be gone then, If you do not wish to talk any longer than do so. You have never said anything useful to combat against my theories, just that everything I have said was wrong. If I am so wrong, then where are your facts? It doesn't work man, it really doesn't.

The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim.... Not the other way around. It's like proposing there is a flying teapot around jupiter and saying, "You can't prove it doesn't exist, where is your proof? AHA! You see, it exists!"

Shifting the burden of proof is a logical fallacy, which you've done multiple times in your arguments here.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
15-04-2015, 08:40 PM
(15-04-2015 08:38 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Nitwit thinks if he says the same thing over and over often enough, we will believe it. Perhaps if he says it over and over often enough, he will believe it.

Do you really want to know what I have been repeating all of this time? That we don't know if God is real. Do you believe that? Because I do. Were you too ignorant about my replies that you just gave up on this thread? THen you should have left a while ago.

Who were you the last time you were here to share your 'wisdom'?

And answer me - god was real or god is real?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
(15-04-2015 08:29 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You’ve now said this several times. Others have pointed out your circular reasoning. I don’t think you have grasped why we are saying the above is circular reasoning.

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt this once and assume you are neither a troll or stupid. Lets take it line by line.

“The Bible tells us that everything in it is true” = you cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible. Do you understand why? It would be like saying the Q’ran is true because the Q’ran says it’s true. Does that make sense to you?

“the Bible would contradict itself” - the Bible has umpteen contradictions in it, so with your logic the Bible has to be false.

“for it would go against one of the ten commandments” - the very god in the Bible consitently breaks his own commandments or have you not read Genesis and Exodus?

“which would be a sin, and make God a sinner, which can’t happen because he is pure” - back to my first response, you cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible. Do you understand why?

I have most certainly grasped this circular reasoning. But this is not at all circular, it ends at one "if": If God exists or not. The rest is a circle. That is what I have been trying to explain. You see, IF God was real, so would be the Bible, and so would everything inside of it. That includes:

-The ten commandments
-The Bible calling itself true
-God being pure, and everything else about what God is

And so on.
Not really but I don’t think I can help you grasp why.

(15-04-2015 08:29 PM)‘nicknave21’ pid=‘766447 Wrote:God is NOT real, it's all a load of baloney.
fixt

Funny game you play.

Show me proof of your god without referring back to the Bible to avoid the circular reasoning you say you are aware of but keep resorting to.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
(15-04-2015 08:38 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Nitwit thinks if he says the same thing over and over often enough, we will believe it. Perhaps if he says it over and over often enough, he will believe it.

God isn't real. No god has ever existed.

All gods were created by people.

Have a nice day.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2015, 08:41 PM
(15-04-2015 08:36 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Be gone then, If you do not wish to talk any longer than do so. You have never said anything useful to combat against my theories, just that everything I have said was wrong. If I am so wrong, then where are your facts? It doesn't work man, it really doesn't.

In science, a theory is a thoroughly tested idea that explains a set of observations and which has not been falsified

In everyday language, a theory is a conjecture or a guess although it usually is an educated guess that tries to explain various facts

You haven't provided anything more than "god did it" which, as far as theories goes, is about as lame as it can get

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Moses didn't exist, I suppose if you live in a theist bubble, never reading or learning what ACTUAL scholars have to say on the subject, you wouldn't know what a joke the entire myth of Moses is.

Watch:

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-04-2015, 08:45 PM
(15-04-2015 08:36 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  

Be gone then, If you do not wish to talk any longer than do so. You have never said anything useful to combat against my theories, just that everything I have said was wrong. If I am so wrong, then where are your facts? It doesn't work man, it really doesn't.

I never said you were wrong. You haven't made a valid enough point to be right or wrong.
Circular? Yes.
Evasive? Yes.
Ignorant and idiotic? Yes.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-04-2015, 08:47 PM
(15-04-2015 08:38 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Do you really want to know what I have been repeating all of this time? That we don't know if God is real. Do you believe that? Because I do. Were you too ignorant about my replies that you just gave up on this thread? THen you should have left a while ago.

Let me see if I understand your point.... we don't know if god and the bible are real, but if they are real then they are real and if they aren't real then they aren't real. Is that about it?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post