The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
(15-04-2015 08:44 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Moses didn't exist, I suppose if you live in a theist bubble, never reading or learning what ACTUAL scholars have to say on the subject, you wouldn't know what a joke the entire myth of Moses is.

Watch:

"But dude! that's just... like... your opinion and stuff.... scholars are totally like my pastor and my pastor knows everything and i like what he says therefore yeah and stuff. PS: here's a bible verse that proves a bible verse. Ezekiel 23:20: There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post
15-04-2015, 08:53 PM
(15-04-2015 08:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:29 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  I have most certainly grasped this circular reasoning. But this is not at all circular, it ends at one "if": If God exists or not. The rest is a circle. That is what I have been trying to explain. You see, IF God was real, so would be the Bible, and so would everything inside of it. That includes:

-The ten commandments
-The Bible calling itself true
-God being pure, and everything else about what God is

And so on.

So how are you going to show that god is real (and is the Christian god to boot) without using the things that are dependent on that conclusion?

Quote:And IF God was NOT real, then it would all be a load of baloney.

Now you're getting it!
Thumbsup

Aha, you have caught the hole in my conclusion. Here is some proof for you:

The big bang theory goes against the laws of quantum physics because its says that nothing can't come from nothing. Space is a vacuum, and in a vacuum there is nothing. So therefore, there must not have been nothing in the beginning, or better yet, a beginning at all. God was there, before time began. He is the beginning and the end. He is time; Actually, there is really no time at all. Time was made by us, don't you know. We used it to make sense of things. But there is one flaw in my point, and that is this: How do we know that God was the beginning of everything? There is absolutely no answer to that question whatsoever, because we never existed at the time of God's existence. But we should be relatively close, because God created man and women during the week of creation, right? Well, that's just according to time, but if God is real, there would be no time, beginning, or end. But then there's that circle again: Is God real? But I already answered that, with this tremendous circle. So in order to solve this infinite circle, you have to believe in it, by faith.
15-04-2015, 08:59 PM
(15-04-2015 08:53 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  So how are you going to show that god is real (and is the Christian god to boot) without using the things that are dependent on that conclusion?

Now you're getting it!
Thumbsup

The big bang theory goes against the laws of quantum physics because its says that nothing can't come from nothing. Space is a vacuum, and in a vacuum there is nothing. So therefore, there must not have been nothing in the beginning, or better yet, a beginning at all. God was there, before time began. He is the beginning and the end. He is time; Actually, there is really no time at all. Time was made by us, don't you know. We used it to make sense of things. But there is one flaw in my point, and that is this: How do we know that God was the beginning of everything? There is absolutely no answer to that question whatsoever, because we never existed at the time of God's existence. But we should be relatively close, because God created man and women during the week of creation, right? Well, that's just according to time, but if God is real, there would be no time, beginning, or end. But then there's that circle again: Is God real? But I already answered that, with this tremendous circle. So in order to solve this infinite circle, you have to believe in it, by faith.

Watch this.

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-04-2015, 08:59 PM
(15-04-2015 08:53 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  So how are you going to show that god is real (and is the Christian god to boot) without using the things that are dependent on that conclusion?

Now you're getting it!
Thumbsup

Nope. Space is NOT a "vacuum". In this universe there is no such thing as "nothingness". Read "A Universe from Nothing". That's NOT a law of Quantum Physics. You're just making that shit up.
It's very obvious you're a newbie at all this. Are you a grade school student ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2015, 09:00 PM
(15-04-2015 08:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:38 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Do you really want to know what I have been repeating all of this time? That we don't know if God is real. Do you believe that? Because I do. Were you too ignorant about my replies that you just gave up on this thread? THen you should have left a while ago.

God isn't real. No god has ever existed.

All gods were created by people.

Have a nice day.

Proof please. And I know you will ask the same from me, so if you want my proof, then read what I have replied.
15-04-2015, 09:04 PM
(15-04-2015 09:00 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  God isn't real. No god has ever existed.

All gods were created by people.

Have a nice day.

Proof please. And I know you will ask the same from me, so if you want my proof, then read what I have replied.

YOU are making the positive claim. It's up to you to provide the evidence.
There is no way to prove a negative, (which you will learn when you get big, and mommy let's you go to school). If I say there is no 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto, do I have to prove that ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2015, 09:05 PM
(15-04-2015 08:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:53 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Aha, you have caught the hole in my conclusion. Here is some proof for you:

Nope. Space is NOT a "vacuum". In this universe there is no such thing as "nothingness". Read "A Universe from Nothing". That's NOT a law of Quantum Physics. You're just making that shit up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knIc7sxlz3M
15-04-2015, 09:09 PM
(15-04-2015 09:05 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. Space is NOT a "vacuum". In this universe there is no such thing as "nothingness". Read "A Universe from Nothing". That's NOT a law of Quantum Physics. You're just making that shit up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knIc7sxlz3M

Your point is what ? If this universe came from an infinite series of bangs and re-bangs, (as Hawking's friend Roger Penrose thinks), it makes not a bit of difference with respect to the gods. A god is not a "place-holder" for an explanation which is missing. So ARE you in grade school, (or it's equivalent, like a freshman at Biola ?)

15-04-2015, 09:10 PM
(15-04-2015 08:47 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 08:38 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Do you really want to know what I have been repeating all of this time? That we don't know if God is real. Do you believe that? Because I do. Were you too ignorant about my replies that you just gave up on this thread? THen you should have left a while ago.

Let me see if I understand your point.... we don't know if god and the bible are real, but if they are real then they are real and if they aren't real then they aren't real. Is that about it?

Sounds right.

BUT God is real...the Bible says so. And the Bible is God’s words so it has to be real. Oh, and there are these fallen walls too...makes the whole thing totally real! Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-04-2015, 09:15 PM
(15-04-2015 03:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  For those of you who might be unclear as to how it really works:

The holy trinity consists of God the father, the son, and the holy spirit, which are all the same person: God. God the father, in verse John 3:16 of the Bible, “...gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” God the father did this so that Jesus, or God the son, could die for all of the sins that the people committed, that they would have a chance to be in heaven if they believe in God. If you look closely at the verse, it explains that in order to go to heaven, you must believe in God the father’s only begotten son, Jesus. If Jesus was not the son of God the father, we would all go to hell for believing in him, because Jesus would only be an idol to us. An idol is something that you love more than God. For us to worship an idol would be a sin, and would make us sinners, because Exodus 20:3-6 says:

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

Since Jesus is the son of God the father, and he is asking us to worship him, Jesus must be God the father, or else God would be saying that we should worship idols. Since God is asking us to worship Jesus, and not to worship idols, that makes Jesus not an idol, which makes Jesus the same person as God.

And this makes logical sense to you? Consider

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post