The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 09:16 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
(15-04-2015 09:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 09:05 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knIc7sxlz3M

Your point is what ? If this universe came from an infinite series of bangs and re-bangs, (as Hawking's friend Roger Penrose thinks), it makes not a bit of difference with respect to the gods. A god is not a "place-holder" for an explanation which is missing. So ARE you in grade school, (or it's equivalent, like a freshman at Biola ?)

My age has nothing to do with the problem. Are you insisting that I might be young just because your theories contradict with mine?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 09:17 PM
(15-04-2015 08:53 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The big bang theory goes against the laws of quantum physics because its says that nothing can't come from nothing.

You probably wanted a 'something' in there. It really doesn't matter because the big bang theory doesn't say anything of the sort. It only says that if you trace things back you reach a point where spacetime starts to expand. It does not say what came before or why because the laws that we understand break down and we can look no further. The answer to what came before is "we don't know". Making up a god doesn't explain anything, it just gives you a reason to stop thinking about it.

Quote:Space is a vacuum, and in a vacuum there is nothing.

Space is a near vacuum as it does contain particles and EM fields. In addition, there is space itself. The "nothing" that is proposed in some models for prior to the big bang is not the same "nothing" that is empty space.

Quote:So therefore, there must not have been nothing in the beginning, or better yet, a beginning at all. God was there, before time began.

Now you have jumped to a conclusion with no evidence. If matter/energy can't be created or destroyed then it makes more sense to think that existed than to propose a highly complex intelligence. If you propose that then you have to explain where that came from. If that could always be then surely simple energy could always be. If time started at the big bang then there is no meaning to anything existing "before" the big bang. Where this all leads is right back to "we don't know" which is the intellectually honest answer. Making up a god to plug the gap solves nothing.

Quote:He is the beginning and the end. He is time; Actually, there is really no time at all. Time was made by us, don't you know. We used it to make sense of things.

I actually think that may be true and that time is an illusion of our limited ability to process reality. That, however, is pure speculation form somebody who is not a physicist or cosmologist. I would never claim it to be true, just something I find interesting to think about.

Quote:But there is one flaw in my point,

count again

Quote:and that is this: How do we know that God was the beginning of everything? There is absolutely no answer to that question whatsoever, because we never existed at the time of God's existence.

You are right that we do not know. You are wrong that we can't come to conclusions about it based on the evidence. We solve mysteries all the time by investigating the evidence. We may never find all the details or reach 100% certainty but we shouldn't discount figuring out at least the broad strokes.

Quote:But we should be relatively close, because God created man and women during the week of creation, right? Well, that's just according to time, but if God is real, there would be no time, beginning, or end. But then there's that circle again: Is God real? But I already answered that, with this tremendous circle. So in order to solve this infinite circle, you have to believe in it, by faith.

Faith has to be the single worst method of determining truth. You have faith in the bible and the Christian god and think that answers your questions. Muslims have faith in the koran and allah and think that asnwers their questions. Mormons have the book of mormon. Hindus have the baghavad gita and krishna and ganesh and that answers it for them. etc etc etc Within each religion every adherent has his own subtle differences in what they believe because their faith tells them what they want to hear and that's the problem. Faith doesn't answer questions, it just stops you from asking them.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-04-2015, 09:24 PM
There was no "before" time. Time must already exist to use the word "before". Saying "god existed before time" is meaningless and incoherent.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-04-2015, 09:30 PM
(15-04-2015 09:16 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 09:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your point is what ? If this universe came from an infinite series of bangs and re-bangs, (as Hawking's friend Roger Penrose thinks), it makes not a bit of difference with respect to the gods. A god is not a "place-holder" for an explanation which is missing. So ARE you in grade school, (or it's equivalent, like a freshman at Biola ?)

My age has nothing to do with the problem. Are you insisting that I might be young just because your theories contradict with mine?

No. Your education level is so bad, I assumed you were very young. If you're not, it's very very sad. There is no "problem" here, other than your lack of education in science, math, theology, Biblical Studies, Logic, etc. Just small things like that. You have no "theories". Everything you've said has either been debunked a million times, or just outright laughable. Your paragraph on the trinity was probably THE most ridiculous thing ever written here. How is it you could talk about a "universe from nothing" and not know about Krauss ? Something's very strange about this picture.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2015, 09:35 PM
The Holy Trinity Explained by Bucky Ball

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Four years of Catholic high school was not enough for me to understand the Trinity. More an exercise in pointless semantics than anything else.
[+] 1 user Likes tbk2015's post
15-04-2015, 10:26 PM
(15-04-2015 09:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 09:16 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  My age has nothing to do with the problem. Are you insisting that I might be young just because your theories contradict with mine?

No. Your education level is so bad, I assumed you were very young. If you're not, it's very very sad. There is no "problem" here, other than your lack of education in science, math, theology, Biblical Studies, Logic, etc. Just small things like that. You have no "theories". Everything you've said has either been debunked a million times, or just outright laughable. Your paragraph on the trinity was probably THE most ridiculous thing ever written here. How is it you could talk about a "universe from nothing" and not know about Krauss ? Something's very strange about this picture.

My opinions were washed out. I try not to be stubborn with atheists, yet they always are with me. You all thing that since atheism is so superior, that you don't need to hear another word about religion. Most everything I said in this whole thread was rejected, simply because you already think you've won, so you don't give a crap about what I try to say from then on. But the same can be said about Christians when they debate against atheists. Sometimes stubborn, ignorant, and careless. But I'm trying to get deep here, not just walking in, saying some crap then walking out and expecting you to believe it.
15-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Everything you have asserted here has been heard and debunked countless times before you ever got here.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
15-04-2015, 10:46 PM
(15-04-2015 10:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  Everything you have asserted here has been heard and debunked countless times before you ever got here.

Yep. Old troll tricks, same crap arguments, different day.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
15-04-2015, 11:41 PM
Round and round it goes where the true™ believer stops no one knows.

I wish they'd come up with better material.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post