The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
(15-04-2015 10:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  Everything you have asserted here has been heard and debunked countless times before you ever got here.

That's the problem, they think they've got the greatest argument no one has ever thought of. Yeah...except the hundred or so before them.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2015, 11:54 PM
(15-04-2015 11:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 10:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  Everything you have asserted here has been heard and debunked countless times before you ever got here.

That's the problem, they think they've got the greatest argument no one has ever thought of. Yeah...except the hundred or so before them.

It'd be cool if just once, they'd look through the other threads on the forum and read the countless pages of this so they actually understood the arguments for and against their position.

I suppose I'm just jaded these days and the debate stuff isn't all that stimulating to me these days. I feel like I've heard it all over and over haha. Oh well. I come here for the locals, not the incoming debate trolls. I missed y'all.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
16-04-2015, 01:34 AM
(15-04-2015 03:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  ...
The holy trinity consists of God the father, the son, and the holy spirit, which are all the same person

Person?

That's news.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-04-2015, 02:00 AM
(16-04-2015 01:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That's news.

Some might say... the Good News... Tongue

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-04-2015, 03:51 AM
(15-04-2015 07:17 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:00 PM)Logisch Wrote:  And I'm saying that I find your explanation to be circular and not compelling because your claims all fall back on personal beliefs, or circular reasoning, or presuppositionalism.

Why is the trinity important if you can't prove a god exists? How does it hold any more value than the religious explanations of some other religion?

I mean, there's plenty of ancient writings that talk about Krishna. Aren't those just as important? They make claims with no evidence. If there's no evidence and only claims, then what is your point? It's all just as irrelevant as every other book making claims without evidence.

Why is your explanation more important than those? If the only explanation you have is "My book says so." then you're either a presuppositionalist (feel free to look back on the mountains of threads we have on those, it's been covered before, it's nothing new here and basically a dead horse that's been beaten over and over), or stuck in circular reasoning.

I'm saying, "Cool story bro. What's your point?"

The trinity would be entirely useless to know if God was not real, correct. That is just a claim from the Bible, which we cannot conclude is true. But another claim from the Bible, suggested that Joshua and the Israelites circled the Walls of Jericho seven times, before blowing their trumpets and shouting, making the walls fall down. After re-excavating the sites of Southern Jordan Valley of Israel using modern methods in the 1950's, Kathleen Kenyon determined that she had found the remains from the walls of Jericho that were written in the Bible. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a011.html

If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real, then might not everything else in the Bible be real as well, since the Bible talks about how everything inside of it is true, and that it cannot be false, otherwise breaking its own rule of the ten commandments?

You are a credulous buffoon.

Quote:Kathleen Kenyon resumed extensive excavations between 1952 and 1958 and found no late Bronze Age defensive wall or pottery. Her excavations found a series of seventeen early Bronze Age walls, some of which she thought may have been destroyed by earthquakes. The last of the walls was put together in a hurry, indicating that the settlement had been destroyed by nomadic invaders. Another wall was built by a more sophisticated culture in the middle Bronze Age with a steep plastered escarpment leading up to mud bricks on top.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-04-2015, 03:53 AM
(15-04-2015 07:28 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  I see now you are either an idiot or a full-on troll.
Either way, no need to take you seriously.

Providing factual evidence to prove a statement cannot make me an idiot.

But you didn't provide factual evidence, you provided false testimony.

16-04-2015, 04:13 AM
(15-04-2015 09:05 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knIc7sxlz3M

That's quite a good link, but I don't think it says what you think it says.

You don't understand science at all. The Big Bang Theory is not holy writ to which we are committed, it is a theory. There are problems yet to be solved, problems which may not be solvable because the theory is flawed. The video proposed there are alternatives. That's great, because that's how science works.

We don't have the infantile demand for absolute certainty that religion requires.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-04-2015, 04:16 AM
(16-04-2015 04:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  We don't have the infantile demand for absolute certainty that religion requires.

S'OK Chas, Jesus loves you even if you don't love him. He love you long time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-04-2015, 05:12 AM
(15-04-2015 10:26 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 09:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. Your education level is so bad, I assumed you were very young. If you're not, it's very very sad. There is no "problem" here, other than your lack of education in science, math, theology, Biblical Studies, Logic, etc. Just small things like that. You have no "theories". Everything you've said has either been debunked a million times, or just outright laughable. Your paragraph on the trinity was probably THE most ridiculous thing ever written here. How is it you could talk about a "universe from nothing" and not know about Krauss ? Something's very strange about this picture.

My opinions were washed out. I try not to be stubborn with atheists, yet they always are with me. You all thing that since atheism is so superior, that you don't need to hear another word about religion. Most everything I said in this whole thread was rejected, simply because you already think you've won, so you don't give a crap about what I try to say from then on. But the same can be said about Christians when they debate against atheists. Sometimes stubborn, ignorant, and careless. But I'm trying to get deep here, not just walking in, saying some crap then walking out and expecting you to believe it.

It's "you all think", not "you all thing". And you are totally wrong about your opinions for why what you said was rejected. You responded to NONE of the statements about why the trinity does not really fit in with the culture that (supposedly) produced it, or the things that were said about how the notion was created. You assumed we took the Bible seriously AT ALL. You used a series of totally circular arguments. IF you had presented good arguments, any logic at all, demonstrated ANY knowledge of science (which you obviously totally lack), then you would not be seen as and dismissed as an idiot.

"Most everything I said in this whole thread was rejected, simply because you already think you've won, so you don't give a crap about what I try to say from then on. But the same can be said about Christians when they debate against atheists" .... is a non-sequitur. You are incapable of critical thought, (or even writing a good sentence in English, at this point.

(15-04-2015 10:26 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  But I'm trying to get deep here, not just walking in, saying some crap then walking out and expecting you to believe it.

Your opinions are not supported by FACTS and the ARE "washed out'. You are incapable of "getting deep" (whatever that means). You did present crap, and you did expect people to believe it. You have NO evidence for any gods, your Bible has already been proven false by archaeologists and historians, yet you seem totally unaware of those facts. You are not even conversant with the work that the general public knows about (ie Krauss' "A Universe From Nothing"). You know basically nothing about Philosophy, nothing about Physics, nothing about religion, nothing about the Bible, nothing about how people argue, and nothing about History. Why would you even think you could come here and be taken seriously ?You are REALLY REALLY bad at trying to argue for your god. Did someone make you think you had some skill at this ? You don't. Sorry if this comes as a shock to you.

Many of us know a lot about religions, and how they developed. Before you try to debate people that are basically experts on a subject, you need to learn about it first.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-04-2015, 06:01 AM
(15-04-2015 03:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  For those of you who might be unclear as to how it really works:

I think a better explanation for the Trinity is that it exists to resolve the contradictions in the NT where Jesus is sometimes mentioned as being God and sometimes the son of God.

It's the same as the whole grace/works thing. It's all word games to try to get contradictory parts to sound coherent.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post