The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
(15-04-2015 06:20 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:00 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Well, if God is real, then the Bible would be too, since after all God wrote it. So since all of the verses I mentioned would be true if God was real, then that would be all of the evidence you'd need.

Your reasoning is circular. "I have a book that says xyz is true. I can't prove it's true, but if it were, xyz would be the only plausible case."

- Define "god".
- Define why you think that only your god is the only plausible god if one did exist.

By that logic, if we have marvel comics that talk about spiderman, but to this day we've never known of a true spiderman to exist.... if we actually found a real spiderman, would that then mean that everything in the spiderman comics happened and was true?

If we have zero evidence for mythical creatures existing such as leprechauns or unicorns, but have fairy tales and stories from cultures that describe them and tell stories of them.... if we found one to exist, would it then prove that all stories about unicorns and leprechauns were true? which one? from which culture? would it be an evil leprechaun from cultures that thought them to be evil? would it mean that the pot of gold stories were true because they said so?

I mean let's look at your logic here:

- You tell us you can't prove a god exists.
- You tell us that if one did exist that it would prove your god to be true.
- You tell us that your reasoning for this is because of a book saying it to be true, claiming to be written by a god you can't prove exists.

We say, "Ok prove it." and it keeps going back to, "because a book says so."

Do you see the issue here?

The Bible was written by God, so when God describes himself inside of the Bible, he is not lying, because it even breaks his own law, the ten commandments. "Thou Shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." -Exodus 20:16
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 06:35 PM
(15-04-2015 06:00 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 05:51 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Prove it.
Laughat

Well, if God is real, then the Bible would be too, since after all God wrote it. So since all of the verses I mentioned would be true if God was real, then that would be all of the evidence you'd need.

If Marduk is real, then the Enuma Elish is true, since we know the Bible plagiarizes the entire book of Genesis from it and predates the bible.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-04-2015, 06:36 PM
(15-04-2015 06:15 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:08 PM)Nurse Wrote:  God wrote the Bible? Really?

It was the King James Version, wasn't it.

God used different people to write different parts of the Bible for him.

Uh huh. So god, the almighty creator of the universe himself, who spoke "let there be light" and it happened, the omnipotent being that made man from dirt and woman from rib, the omnipresent dude that cares if little Johnny strokes his weewee when he gets lonely at night, the sky fairy that wrote his commandments on stone tablets TWICE, that turned water to wine and sea to blood and and killed off tons of first born baby boys... He's gotta use fallible men to write his holy book for him?

God created Jesus to bring peace on earth - when that didn't work he created Chuck Norris to enforce it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
15-04-2015, 06:37 PM
(15-04-2015 06:35 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:20 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Your reasoning is circular. "I have a book that says xyz is true. I can't prove it's true, but if it were, xyz would be the only plausible case."

- Define "god".
- Define why you think that only your god is the only plausible god if one did exist.

By that logic, if we have marvel comics that talk about spiderman, but to this day we've never known of a true spiderman to exist.... if we actually found a real spiderman, would that then mean that everything in the spiderman comics happened and was true?

If we have zero evidence for mythical creatures existing such as leprechauns or unicorns, but have fairy tales and stories from cultures that describe them and tell stories of them.... if we found one to exist, would it then prove that all stories about unicorns and leprechauns were true? which one? from which culture? would it be an evil leprechaun from cultures that thought them to be evil? would it mean that the pot of gold stories were true because they said so?

I mean let's look at your logic here:

- You tell us you can't prove a god exists.
- You tell us that if one did exist that it would prove your god to be true.
- You tell us that your reasoning for this is because of a book saying it to be true, claiming to be written by a god you can't prove exists.

We say, "Ok prove it." and it keeps going back to, "because a book says so."

Do you see the issue here?

The Bible was written by God, so when God describes himself inside of the Bible, he is not lying, because it even breaks his own law, the ten commandments. "Thou Shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." -Exodus 20:16

So in other words you're offering zero new arguments and you want to go around in circles with circular reasoning. Got it. Enjoy your rhetoric and adding nothing new to the forum.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
[Image: devQ0.gif]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
15-04-2015, 06:42 PM
(15-04-2015 06:36 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:15 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  God used different people to write different parts of the Bible for him.

Uh huh. So god, the almighty creator of the universe himself, who spoke "let there be light" and it happened, the omnipotent being that made man from dirt and woman from rib, the omnipresent dude that cares if little Johnny strokes his weewee when he gets lonely at night, the sky fairy that wrote his commandments on stone tablets TWICE, that turned water to wine and sea to blood and and killed off tons of first born baby boys... He's gotta use fallible men to write his holy book for him?

God created Jesus to bring peace on earth - when that didn't work he created Chuck Norris to enforce it.
Yep . Chuck Norris is the supreme god.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
15-04-2015, 06:43 PM
(15-04-2015 06:42 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:36 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Uh huh. So god, the almighty creator of the universe himself, who spoke "let there be light" and it happened, the omnipotent being that made man from dirt and woman from rib, the omnipresent dude that cares if little Johnny strokes his weewee when he gets lonely at night, the sky fairy that wrote his commandments on stone tablets TWICE, that turned water to wine and sea to blood and and killed off tons of first born baby boys... He's gotta use fallible men to write his holy book for him?

Yep . Chuck Norris is the supreme god.

I have a book claiming to be written by the one true god that said a man with excellent roundhouse kicks would be born. So it obviously proves that he is the one true god. It's not evidence or proof... but that's my claim. You can't disprove it, so it's true, because the book says it's true, and some words in the book said it was true, therefore it's true. HAIL CHUCK NORRIS.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
15-04-2015, 06:44 PM
(15-04-2015 06:37 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:35 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The Bible was written by God, so when God describes himself inside of the Bible, he is not lying, because it even breaks his own law, the ten commandments. "Thou Shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." -Exodus 20:16

So in other words you're offering zero new arguments and you want to go around in circles with circular reasoning. Got it. Enjoy your rhetoric and adding nothing new to the forum.

The point of this thread was to display an explanation for the holy trinity, not to show the proof of God's existence also. If you want proof, try a different thread.
15-04-2015, 06:47 PM
(15-04-2015 06:44 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:37 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So in other words you're offering zero new arguments and you want to go around in circles with circular reasoning. Got it. Enjoy your rhetoric and adding nothing new to the forum.

The point of this thread was to display an explanation for the holy trinity, not to show the proof of God's existence also. If you want proof, try a different thread.

I'm pretty sure everyone here understands the explanation. Many of us were religious once.

The explanation isn't new, isn't interesting, it's inadequate to anything compelling regarding any claims about your god and its existence and is not compelling to anything in any way, shape or form. This is an open forum, if you don't like criticism and open discussion with posts that challenge your points of view, perhaps you should try a different forum. Everyone here is free to post as they wish.

[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
15-04-2015, 06:49 PM
(15-04-2015 06:44 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The point of this thread was to display an explanation for the holy trinity, not to show the proof of God's existence also. If you want proof, try a different thread.

The explanation for the trinity is that Christianity painted itself into a corner by deifying Jesus but wanting to remain monotheistic. To get around that they came up with a completely ridiculous set of apologetics and try to mask it behind a claim of being beyond human understanding.

In order to prove that anything else makes more sense you'd first have to prove that a god exists and then that it is the christian god. Failing that, Ockham's razor tells me that "it is all just made up" explains the evidence fully without adding any unnecessary assumptions.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
15-04-2015, 06:51 PM
(15-04-2015 06:49 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:44 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The point of this thread was to display an explanation for the holy trinity, not to show the proof of God's existence also. If you want proof, try a different thread.

The explanation for the trinity is that Christianity painted itself into a corner by deifying Jesus but wanting to remain monotheistic. To get around that they came up with a completely ridiculous set of apologetics and try to mask it behind a claim of being beyond human understanding.

In order to prove that anything else makes more sense you'd first have to prove that a god exists and then that it is the christian god. Failing that, Ockham's razor tells me that "it is all just made up" explains the evidence fully without adding any unnecessary assumptions.

If no one can prove unicorns exist, then there is no need to prove which culture's stories of unicorns are the real stories of unicorns. I can explain the natural world without unicorns. Therefore, concerning myself with it is unnecessary. Occam's razor is a wonderful little tool.

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post