The Holy Trinity Explained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: The Holy Trinity Explained
(15-04-2015 06:47 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:44 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The point of this thread was to display an explanation for the holy trinity, not to show the proof of God's existence also. If you want proof, try a different thread.

I'm pretty sure everyone here understands the explanation. Many of us were religious once.

The explanation isn't new, isn't interesting, it's inadequate to anything compelling regarding any claims about your god and its existence and is not compelling to anything in any way, shape or form. This is an open forum, if you don't like criticism and open discussion with posts that challenge your points of view, perhaps you should try a different forum. Everyone here is free to post as they wish.

Look, I am not limiting your ability to post in my thread, I am just saying that if you want to talk about the trinity, then you may do so, but I did not create this to dispute God's existence. I do like to see your replies, but I am only here to talk about the trinity. I know God's existence has everything to do with the trinity, but I am covering only one subject.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2015 06:59 PM by Nurse.)
(15-04-2015 06:44 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:37 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So in other words you're offering zero new arguments and you want to go around in circles with circular reasoning. Got it. Enjoy your rhetoric and adding nothing new to the forum.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
[Image: devQ0.gif]

The point of this thread was to display an explanation for the holy trinity, not to show the proof of God's existence also. If you want proof, try a different thread.

I'm well versed on the godhead 3 in 1.

Now it's your turn to think a little.

I mean, come on - ya really think an omnipresent, omnipotent, omnibenevolent creator of the universe would create this kinda world? Would write a (poorly) written book with rather morally objectionable material? Would leave his greatest evidence of himself - his book - open to such vast interpretations over it?

Edited for a typo

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
15-04-2015, 07:00 PM
(15-04-2015 06:53 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:47 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I'm pretty sure everyone here understands the explanation. Many of us were religious once.

The explanation isn't new, isn't interesting, it's inadequate to anything compelling regarding any claims about your god and its existence and is not compelling to anything in any way, shape or form. This is an open forum, if you don't like criticism and open discussion with posts that challenge your points of view, perhaps you should try a different forum. Everyone here is free to post as they wish.

Look, I am not limiting your ability to post in my thread, I am just saying that if you want to talk about the trinity, then you may do so, but I did not create this to dispute God's existence. I do like to see your replies, but I am only here to talk about the trinity. I know God's existence has everything to do with the trinity, but I am covering only one subject.

And I'm saying that I find your explanation to be circular and not compelling because your claims all fall back on personal beliefs, or circular reasoning, or presuppositionalism.

Why is the trinity important if you can't prove a god exists? How does it hold any more value than the religious explanations of some other religion?

I mean, there's plenty of ancient writings that talk about Krishna. Aren't those just as important? They make claims with no evidence. If there's no evidence and only claims, then what is your point? It's all just as irrelevant as every other book making claims without evidence.

Why is your explanation more important than those? If the only explanation you have is "My book says so." then you're either a presuppositionalist (feel free to look back on the mountains of threads we have on those, it's been covered before, it's nothing new here and basically a dead horse that's been beaten over and over), or stuck in circular reasoning.

I'm saying, "Cool story bro. What's your point?"

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
15-04-2015, 07:01 PM
(15-04-2015 06:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:44 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  The point of this thread was to display an explanation for the holy trinity, not to show the proof of God's existence also. If you want proof, try a different thread.

I'm well versed on the godhead 3 in 1.

I mean, come on - ya really think an omnipresent, omnipotent, omnibenevilent creator of the universe would create this kinda world? Would write a (poorly) written book with rather morally objectionable material? Would leave his greatest evidence of himself - his book - open to such vast interpretations over it?

If it is God's desire, and he is omniscient, then yes
15-04-2015, 07:05 PM
(15-04-2015 07:01 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm well versed on the godhead 3 in 1.

I mean, come on - ya really think an omnipresent, omnipotent, omnibenevilent creator of the universe would create this kinda world? Would write a (poorly) written book with rather morally objectionable material? Would leave his greatest evidence of himself - his book - open to such vast interpretations over it?

Sounds legit.

Ya know - I had a friend post a prayer request on Facebook today. She's freaking cause life happens/shit happens/etc. her request was that we all pray "god's will (aka desire) be done." Funny prayer, that. Almost as if her desire, that her life not be shit right now, her prayer, is completely irrelevant, and if things don't turn out like she'd like them, it must be god's desire for her life to be shit. If ya think about it, that's what it would be like if there were no god...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
15-04-2015, 07:06 PM

It's like nailing jello to a tree.
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-04-2015, 07:07 PM
(15-04-2015 06:08 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:00 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Well, if God is real, then the Bible would be too, since after all God wrote it. So since all of the verses I mentioned would be true if God was real, then that would be all of the evidence you'd need.

God wrote the Bible? Really?

It was the King James Version, wasn't it.

Apparently god is a shitty writer.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
15-04-2015, 07:08 PM
So, why does the all-powerful Wizard of god need two sidekicks?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-04-2015, 07:09 PM

That's it?
That's all you've got?
Weak, very weak.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
15-04-2015, 07:17 PM
(15-04-2015 07:00 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 06:53 PM)nicknave21 Wrote:  Look, I am not limiting your ability to post in my thread, I am just saying that if you want to talk about the trinity, then you may do so, but I did not create this to dispute God's existence. I do like to see your replies, but I am only here to talk about the trinity. I know God's existence has everything to do with the trinity, but I am covering only one subject.

And I'm saying that I find your explanation to be circular and not compelling because your claims all fall back on personal beliefs, or circular reasoning, or presuppositionalism.

Why is the trinity important if you can't prove a god exists? How does it hold any more value than the religious explanations of some other religion?

I mean, there's plenty of ancient writings that talk about Krishna. Aren't those just as important? They make claims with no evidence. If there's no evidence and only claims, then what is your point? It's all just as irrelevant as every other book making claims without evidence.

Why is your explanation more important than those? If the only explanation you have is "My book says so." then you're either a presuppositionalist (feel free to look back on the mountains of threads we have on those, it's been covered before, it's nothing new here and basically a dead horse that's been beaten over and over), or stuck in circular reasoning.

I'm saying, "Cool story bro. What's your point?"

The trinity would be entirely useless to know if God was not real, correct. That is just a claim from the Bible, which we cannot conclude is true. But another claim from the Bible, suggested that Joshua and the Israelites circled the Walls of Jericho seven times, before blowing their trumpets and shouting, making the walls fall down. After re-excavating the sites of Southern Jordan Valley of Israel using modern methods in the 1950's, Kathleen Kenyon determined that she had found the remains from the walls of Jericho that were written in the Bible. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a011.html

If the walls of Jericho were proven to be real, then might not everything else in the Bible be real as well, since the Bible talks about how everything inside of it is true, and that it cannot be false, otherwise breaking its own rule of the ten commandments?